Posts by KjetilKleven

Same issue as many here. "Clock setup error" and the date needs to be re-set every time I start the Kemper Stage.

This is quite anouying. I don't know what issues other than not having the right date and time makes, but if the time setup is used to verify what change has been the lates, the one on my rig manager or the one on the Kemper Stage, then I am a bit worried. I haven't used the Rig Manger since the issue occured in fear of loosing all asjustments I have made when playing with my band.

So I have two questions:

1. Can Kemper Support come with an official statement about the issue, the causes and the mitigating actions?

2. Does the lack of the sate setting affect anything related to back-up or syncronisation with rig manager?

I have kept it with three different amp models and I have also had the "old school" effect processing in mind when programming my profiles. So I basically re-reate the sounds I had before, but the Kemper gives med the option of a lot more different pedals, so I can get more ambient sounds in the background of my clean parts. But as you say, Dont over tweak. The same goes for old school amps and pedals too.

Thanks all for the tips. I still struggle to find a good way to adjust individual rig volume settings in performances. It seems that if I adust the rig volume on one section in one performance, it influences all other performances I have used the same rig. There must be a mistake I have made when establishing the performances or a mistake I have made when adjusting the volume.

And there is definetly not a rig volume nob on the Kemper Stage. I can find the rig volume when clicking rig and browsing to page 1. However, in performance mode on the Stage itself, I get a message that I cannot save the rig volume. I will now check if I can do this in the software version. But I would really like to know how I can do it on the Kemper Stage without using the software. I need to be able to adjust this on a sound check and I would really like to avoid bringing my computer to gigs.

I cannot find the Rig Volume function at all. Maybe I'm stupid, but... Can anyone adivice me on where to find it? I need to balance my Performances so that switching between channels or between Songs/performances does not shock the sound engineer or the audience. Some amp profiles are loud and some a lot less loud. But the output volume to the front should be ballanced. Just cant't figure out how to do it.

Here you can read what equipment Steve Rothery used for the early stuff. Squier Strats with a

"

GG: Cool. And on that note, let us talk about guitars! I always really liked your classic black Squiers. Do you still use them and take them out on tour?

SR: Yeah! There’s nothing that sounds quite like them! They’re Japanese vintage ones from the early/mid 80s. There’s EMG SA pickups in them and Kahler trems and they just react so well to the old stuff in my signal chain like the BOSS CE-300 Chorus, and the Analogman DS-1 Distortion into a JC120 which is the basis for most of those albums, really. I only used the Marshalls at the time for kind of power chords and grunge but nearly everything was done with the JC120, which is unusual because it’s a transistor amp. But I’ve found a sound with the DS-1 Distortion, the Strat, the JC-120 and a bit of Delay that just, uh, is a very defined solo sound, very dynamic and its harmonically very rich so it feeds back in a very nice way.

"

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/news/140822/

In the past I was using two Fender Hot Rod Devilles in stereo with a wah pedal in front and an Fulltone OCD in front and a few modulation effects and delay in the effect loop of one of the amps. I have managed to replicate this quite well already. This works well for all Deep Purple songs on the set list. But I would like to have a bit more heavy sound on for instance Thin Lizzy and Judas Priest songs. I have tested a few Marshall profiles, but not found an profile that gave me the "kick" I wanted.

I am also looking for good lead tones, most of all to develop my own playing. The Kemper gives so many oportunities and I'm really looking forward to explore more.

Thank you all for your kind welcoming. And I have now managed to program a few songs in the performance mode. And I have also found a few good "old school" amp models that I will test with the band next week.

I ended up emulating almost the same set-up as I had before on some songs. I found a good Fender Deluxe profile and I found almost all essential stomp boxes I have used before.

I also found some nice PRS amp profiles that may work in some of the songs too. I'll program several options and test with the band, and I will try out some of your recommendations.

Thanks again. I will give you an update next week after I have rehearsed with the band again;-)

Just got my new Kemper Profiler Stage. It became my new toy by accident. My practice room got flooded and 4 out of 6 of my valve amps plus a whole bunch of pedals and effects got dammaged.

Then I had to replace the damaged equipment and use the insurance coverage well. Then a friend of mine introduced me to the Kemper Stage. I knew about the Kemper head before, but the Profiler Stage seemed more tempting to me, and I tried it out in my friends rehearsal studio. After watching tutorials, I found out that the Rig Manager would be fairly easy to use also for an old guy in the mid 50's.

Now the work starts to "recreate" the sounds I lost. So if anyone has some advice on really good profiles to use for old school rock, leave me a note;-)