Posts by sdeyoung

Hey guys,

I just purchased the Mission Engineering expression pedal hoping to have some wah for this weekends shows. I bought a TRS cable and have tried both the output 1 & 2 on the pedal. I can get the wah working but it doesn’t want to turn off using the toe switch. I can get it to shut off when I set to heel or if I stop using it gets bypassed. Not sure what I’m doing wrong. Do I need a cable that goes into both output 1 and 2 of pedal then to the Kemper?

Hey John,

Thanks for that helpful tip/trick. It works beautifully. I had no idea that I could just drag a profile's cab into that presets folder. Now that I know that this opens up so much more capability for me. I also had no idea I could just drag a cab onto the cab module either. This was super helpful to me. No more scrolling through cab settings on the Kemper, lol. I've only had my stage now for a little over a week but I've learnt so much from this forum. Everybody on here has been so helpful and courteous. You don't see that much on forums nowadays. Just goes to show that I made the right decision with the purchase of my Kemper!

BTW, at times I choose the cab I want in RM and lock it. Then I can choose any other rig and keep the cab unchanged.

This is what tone junkie demonstrates in his video. I know I can choose the cab from the Kemper and then lock it. Is there a way to chose the same cab automatically for the rest of the rigs in the performance?

I got mine last week and have the same issue..

Hey everyone,

Was watching a Tone Junkie episode last night and he was using the "one cab trick". I feel this will be very useful in getting all my different profiles in my performance to sound somewhat similar in tone and volume. I noticed however that I can't seem to make cab changes in the software. Is this just a feature that can't be accessed with RM? I finally figured out that it's pretty easy to do on the Kemper but a little time consuming scrolling through all the different cabs. Has any one else tried this trick?

Hey everyone,

Just wondering how everyone else is dealing with performances and Rig Manager. I've more then once lost my performance (my main one) for shows. It seems like if you're not on a new performance and you start messing around with different rigs you can risk losing your good performance if you're not too careful. I've lost some settings in my main performance more than once.

I've since made a backup of my performance to another free performance as a "just in case" while I'm running the rig live. If I do a full backup in rig manager. Does it store my performance settings as well? I have not tried doing a restore yet as I have lots of shows this months and don't want to risk losing my current performance I have. I have lots of settings for my current set list so I don't want to risk it.

It would seem weird and unnatural in my way of thinking to turn up or down a cab. Turning an amp up or down however would be completely natural, and it works for me. I'll have to watch that again because I don't recall him mentioning cab volume to level but he for sure could have. Maybe when switching cabs with the same profile? That was a good, down to earth video. He doesn't get nerdy with it, just gets the job done well. (not that I dislike nerdy by all means).

Yeah I think he’s just saying that the volumes are the same whether you’re on the cabinet or amp. He definitely does say cabinet at the start.

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

it’s around the 28:12 mark I believe.

Doesn't bother me any. I'm not one of those people that get uptight when somebody posts on a "zombie" thread either. Sometimes later info or questions are just as relevant as hen they were first asked. Sometimes search engines don't get me the posts I'm looking for.

Right, so I set up my volumes to be even with amp volume then I can see on rig volume ring: "Ok +3 over that is a good solo volume". And use that as a reference when morphing. Back to noon is my "normal volume" Pretty soon you get to see what is the right amount for volume boosts and can duplicate them where needed. Sometimes clean/distortion sounds will react differently because of compression but that is the reason for the reference so you can start somewhere you know. If you used rig volume for leveling, it would be harder to obtain that reference quickly.

Of course to really set volumes you need to be playing in a mix. I can't tell you how many times I have sat in my room getting clean, distortion and boost levels "perfect" just to find out they are nowhere near close when actually playing live. And the FOH will have a different opinion as well. I will try to satisfy them as a priority, so they're not jacking my levels around if something is poking out. When trying out new performances during soundcheck, I'll ask "how are my clean/dirty/ boost levels? Once I get an OK, I know I'm on the right track and add that to my knowledge setting them up at home. Normally people will set clean sounds too loud and make their distortions sound wimpy when switched. And I found I usually need a LOT more boost that I would have thought I needed at home to get to album "lead level".

Actually found the mbritt video on YouTube where he explains this. He uses either the amp/cab volume which act the same to either turn up/down his profiles. Going to give this a try tonight.

I use the volume in the amplifier module. That way I can keep rig volume at noon for "normal" and morph rig volume for leads and see the ring move. If I used rig volume, It would be going all over and I wouldn't have a good reference point to quickly dial up lead volumes consistently. I recall a video with MB saying he does this also. (use amp volume) Some will say to use rig volume but the manual reads about rig volume: Use this parameter to adjust the level of each Rig to suit a song in a set list, we don’t recommend using it to balance the levels between all the Rigs.

I was concerned this would drive the reverb & delay harder but was told by a reliable member, ( I never tested it driven real hard) that somehow things before the rev and delay won't drive them harder (magic?)  There is a recent thread about this and some older ones too where we discussed this in bit of detail.

Ok cool. I think I'll give that a try then. Yes I did see an older thread on this but the forum had suggested a create a new one when I posted on the old one lol. Sorry if I've created a duplicate thread.

Hey everyone, new Kemper stage user here and about to play a slew of shows this month. I'm curious what everyone's go to method is for adjusting the volume differences from profile to profile. Should I just bring up/down the master volume or should I bring up/down the profiled amp volume instead? I don't have my Kemper in front of me so I can't remember if these volumes are different or not.

Yeah no XLR on the Kemper stage...

Ok cool, I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

I connected the my microphone to a small Yamaha mixer then went out of the main of the mixer with a 1/4" TRS to the Kemper. That way I could set the gain on the microphone so it had a good signal. I don't know if the Kemper Stage has a preamp in it that is made for plugging a microphone straight into it. My results were good so I will continue doing it the way I did it.

So did you go L/R from main into Kemper using a TRS cable? Or just left and use a type of cable like this?

[Blocked Image: https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61d3dyEHW0L._AC_SL1200_.jpg]