Posts by trcsooner

I want to program my Stage via MIDI to change my setting in the 'easiest' way possible...

Setup:

1. Kemper Stage

2. Drummers SPDX to iPad running WIDI Master(bluetooth)

3. CME WIDI master plugged into Kemper

4. Laptop running Rig Manager

***Will I need to run something like Abelton Live?***

Once this is all set up can I play through the song 'live' and manually change my setting and somehow 'RECORD' the changes so that MIDI will recall it? I hope that makes sense.

And, after everything is programmed will I always need my laptop running or will the changes come from the WIDI Master program on the ipad?

I'm very confused!!!

I apologize, I'm technologically challenged. lol

Such MIDI communication is not related to Rig Manager.

In Performance Mode each of the 625 Slots has its fixed address which can be reached via a combination of MIDI bank select LSB plus program change.

Any device that is able to send MIDI program change commands and is connected to the PROFILER MIDI INPUT via MIDI cbale is able to trigger loading a particular Slot in Performance Mode.

Okay, thanks. So within each individual performance I can program the MIDI to switch to morphed, or lead channels, or different effects... correct?

Do I use the Rig Manager and a DAW for the original programming? Sorry, very confused on the initial programming, and how it all works after being programmed.

I'm technologically challenged. I'm hoping some one can explain in a basic way how the process off MIDI Programming Performances works,,,

I want to program my bands set list into my Kemper, so I don't have to do the pedal dance the entire show.

So, I know I will need to use my laptop with The Rig Manager and a DAW. Correct? I see that a lot of people use Abelton Live, I'm more familiar with Studio One 5, will this work as well?

My main question is after the set list is programmed will I still need to have my laptop and DAW plugged in during the show, or will the Kemper save all the MIDI info internally?

I will be using the MIDI Clock from my drummers Roland SPDX to control the Kemper via wifi.

I will greatly appreciate any advice or guidance.

The double tracker was added in OS version 8.6. Not sure when that came out, but it was probably later than six months ago.

To find it without RM -

Update your OS, then select an effects slot and turn the Type knob until you get to Equalizer. Then you should see all of the equalizer presets, the Acoustic Simulator, the wideners and the Double Tracker right before you get to Compressor presets.

Great! I'll update my OS now.

Thanks

re 1.: see Addendum 8.7, chapter "What is new in version 8.6"

re 2.: yes, you can! See Main Manual 8.5, page 148, "Morphing"

re 3.: there are some threads in this forum about this. If you are looking for pure DI, I would start with profile with empty amp block

1. I know what the 'double tracker' is. I don't know where to 'find it' on my Kemper STAGE. It is NOT in the equalizer section. I've looked everywhere and can't "FIND" it.(I've watched the Tutorial, no help, once again my problem is 'finding' the double tracker)

2. Thanks

3. Thanks

Also, My Kemper STAGE is about 6 months old. I UPDATED it as soon as I got it.

This is not a post intended to fall on the OP as a ton of bricks, but rather an observation and words of wonder, based on collegues and countless forum/social media posts.

Why do people buy an expensive guitar, expensive Kemper/Fractal etc, and then when it comes to the equally important thing, how they are going to hear what they are playing, buy the cheapest wireless iem system and iem they can get. It baffles me to no end.

How we hear ourself is TREMENDOUSLY important. It’s NOT a place to be saving money. Buy a cheaper lawnmover instead LOL.

A valuable lesson learned.

To explain my situation. I recently got back into the band situation after a very long time away from it. This is the first time I've ever used in- ears. I was told by a friend that the KZ Pro's were a descent starter set. I found out the hard way, at least for my sound, they are not.

I'm buying some Ultimate Ears.

1. Where is the 'double tracker' on the STAGE? I can't find it anywhere. I'm assuming it may be on the Rig Manager? If yes, is there any other way to get it on my STAGE besides the RM? I don't have all that set up and would rather not fool with it unless I have to.

2. When using 'Morphing', can I have separate effects "only on the morph"?

3. I'm running an A/B box, so I can use my Kemper for both my electric and acoustic , and easily switch between the two live. Is there a "D.I." on the STAGE version? I don't mind running my Guild acoustic through a Roland JC120 Profile, but I would like a D.I. for my classical.

Thanks

Okay...

I tracked down the issue.

I have a nice set of AKG Headphones. I plugged them into the Kemper and... it sounded GREAT!

Next, I plugged my KZ AS10's in and... it sounded like ass!

Then, I borrowed my bass player's Shure in-ears(Yes, I'll clean them really good lol)... and... it sounded GREAT!

Time to by some new in-ears. I'll update my wireless setup later, but for now, does anyone have a recommendation for some in-ears that sound amazing when paired with the Kemper.

I'm gonna buy a nice pair then have the 'custom' ear molds made.

Thanks!

My problem is that my IEM's sound horrible...

Routing:

Kemper > Main out L/R > Zoom L20 stereo channel(no effects from the zoom are used on the signal)***I've tried EQing through the board, but it doesn't improve the sound much at all.

In-Ear System:

Phenyx Pro PTM-10 & KZ ZS10 Pro buds

***I realize this is an inexpensive setup, but there is literally no way the guitar should sound as bad as it does.

Whenever I play my Kemper through my Headrush 112 cabinet it sounds great. Really thick and full with a nice lead tone. I run monitor out from the kemper to the Headrush(mono). Obviously, since my band runs IEM's, I don't use the Headrush during rehearsal.

The sound through the IEM's in thin, harsh and extremely treble heavy. Yuck!

Am I routing something incorrectly?

Is there something on the Kemper that I need to adjust?

I bought a Kemper STAGE last November(NEW)...

I looked at the "Factory Profile List" on this site and mine doesn't have even close to all of the profiles listed. Is the list way out of date? Am I doing something wrong when browsing the profiles? Yes, I browse "all" profiles, not favorites. Does the STAGE version have the same 'factory profiles' as the other models?

Should I do a factory reset?

Thanks

I've been made aware that it isn't possible to run 2 profiles independently left & right. Although that would be great!

Now my question is...

Is it possible to run 2 profiles at once? For example: can I layer a Marshall Silver Jubilee Profile with a Boogie Road King "together"?

I'm sure this has been discussed here before...

Is it possible to have 2 separate profile split - one on the left the other on the right?

For example: A Marshall Profile Left and a Orange on the right