Posts by Guitarius

That’s interesting to hear if somewhat surprising as EMG provide a low impedance buffered output which should be ideal for driving longer cable runs.

Don't know what to tell you. Tested with 3 different guitars. Probably just because the cable of 10 meters was 8 euro's and is just horrible quality.

It was something stupid, obviously. I tried chaning my cables, but the thing is, they both were 10m long. Apperantly EMG's lose their volume on these lengths, I didnt know that and did not think of that.

Conclusion: use either high-end cables if they're long or use shorter cables.

Resolved, thanks for the help anyway.

Hi there,

I have a KPA and I'm experiencing some problems with my setup. With passive pickups my tone sounds killer, but when I plug in a guitar with active pickups it's sounding really dull. The strange thing is, it seems to be losing gain even though the pickups should be more 'hot'.

I've tried the obvious things; change the battery, made sure the input is not orange/red, tried changing some stuff about the tone itself, tried other guitars, other cables but the problem keeps persisting4.

After some research I found out about Clean Sense but even with that it still sounds dull.

If anyone has suggestions, ill be as active as can be.

Kind regards,

Mark Hendriks