Posts by Bluesman

Hi guys,

bought a pair of Yamaha DBR-12 yesterday. Good speakers for anything but KPA. I knew about the DXR-10. But I needed the speakers also as small PA for rehearsals etc. That's why I choose the DBR-12.
    OK - that's only my opinion. They sound artificial with the KPA. My old cheap XXL speakers sound better. Good thing that I planned to stick to my Matrix/guitar speaker combination anyway. But I didn't expect them to sound so shitty!
    DSP setting is off. Tried all combinations. Not recomendable!

The KPA might be everything. But it is not a tool what needs to be tweaked a lot. You have many options though. I rather would say, stay away from tweaking. If a profile does not sound good right away, I just don't use it. I just do minor changes on profiles. Would you buy I real amp and change tubes and caps before you played the first tone? Same here. Find the right profile for you and play. You might have to turn down the bass and cut the highs here and there. But if it does not sound right in the beginning, skip it. It depends on what kind of music you play. For instance the workshop profile PW Overdrive is just right to me. No changes. For me 95 % of the non commercial profiles are not for me. The commercial ones are better. But still even here 80% don't fit.
    I also have to say, that it is senseless to have 100 different amps. If you want to play music, you need your own sound, a few options and that's it. It is a problem of todays times to have to many options. Good thing nobody can force you to use all. And don't be confused about some posts here in the forum. There are many user who just collect profiles. Some of them are not real musicians, I guess. They don't want to play music, they want to play with technical devices. But for sure, they picked a real good one :)

Use this website: https://reamping-online.com/

Everybody choose the same profile. Don't change anything.
    Upload a DI-sample of your guitar

Now - if the result is bright, dark or whatever, we know what the guitar is doing to the results.

When discussing profiles, we now know where everybody comes from.

i was really looking forward to those after watching the video, but am i the only one that thinks they sound extreme dark/dull?
    Tried them with my Gibson Les Paul...did not work any of those. He does play similar guitars or am i wrong? I mean mainly humbucker guitars...
    i´m still a bit confused sound at beginning of the video was very good

I think the same. Dark and dull. Big curtain in front of most of the profiles. Headphones, Monitors, Amp+Speaker. I didn't dare to write this, because it is the same with M Britt's pack 1. 80% not usable for me. The whole forum hyped it so much. Maybe it's just a matter of taste. Maybe not. Curious to find out.

<p>You also can use http://www.Karaoke-Version.de<br />
    Most of the songs you can customize to your needs. You can switch on/off instruments, change the loudness of the channels and even transpose. Quality is quite ok also. It's not for free, but has reasonable prices.</p>

<p>Or BobbysBackingtracks.com&nbsp; - Very professional sounding. High quality.<br />
    <br />
    I am always looking for good backing tracks. Any ideas? Willing to pay for.</p>

There is something very strange going on with these profiles. I bought pack no. 1 and first of all liked it. So I did a comment here and said: everythig fine with the profiles. But after I realy got deeper into it, it turned out that I don't use any of them. Most of them were to dark sounding, no definition in the bass, like a curtain in front of the speaker. I have many more suitable ones. I play strat with Kloppmann Pickups into Kemper FRFR ( and headphones) plus Matrix GT800FX into 2 EV12L. So that's not a bad equipment. What am I doing wrong? I don't dare to buy the pack no. 2. The price is surely ok. But it doesn't make sense to me. Just don't understand why everybody is so much freaking out about it. Strange. Maybe it only works with a real amp as poweramp. But that's senseless for me. If I have to bring a real amp, I don't need the Kemper.
    At the moment my best profile is one from the workshop. PW something. Very good! Mmh - I don't know what's going on.

I am thinking of getting either a single or a pair of DXR 10 or 12. My question is, how do you connect the speakers? Do you use main outs (two speakers)? Or, if you use only one, does it go with the monitor out? Would one be enough to use as stage monitor (monitor out). I would like to have loudness and tone control on stage. Different loudness between FOH and stage.

No regrets here. Good selection. No thin sounding stuff. Very fat tones. Tasty effects in some profiles. Lots of cleanish to crunchy sounds.
    Waiting for Pack II now. Hurry up please. Thanks!!!

That's it. That's what guitar player refuse to accept.
    I had an experience what made me aware of this fact. During a tour years ago I took the time to control my own guitar sound coming through the PA system. Till than I just trusted the sound man. What else could I do? I used a wireless system so I was able to walk around. When I left my sonic comfort zone on stage I really got a shock how different (crappy) it sounded. It is like with your own voice. You hear your own voice as reflections but also through your cranial bones. That's why your voice sounds so strange to you when you hear it recorded or when speaking through a microphone. Same happens with your guitar sound. In your environment on stage it has a certain sound and in the audience there is another sound. This is not a copy from the sound you hear on stage. It is more a copy of the sound right there where the micro is set. And this is something very different from what you hear in your comfort zone.
    Adjusting your tone it is to decide who comes first. You or the audience. By listening to what they hear you can find a good compromise. After a while you accept that an electric guitar does not sound like you used to think it sounds. I don't know if you understand what I am trying to say.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so anoying, when I want to change the Wah preset and I have to scroll through all the others. With all the noise they make (distortion presets etc.). Please change this. This would be a major improvement!

How would you connect a RC-2 looper with the Kemper. I have a Yamaha MG102C mini mixer. Main outs of the mixer are going to 2 active wedges. I don't want a sound loss when I don't use the looper. So I cannot go from Kemper main outs into looper and from there into mixer. I know it's easy. But I didn't sleep this night and just can't concentrate. What's the solution for me?

Bought this guitar last weekend for resale. It sounds great. I might keep it. I used one of Till's Chimera profiles.

I think it sounds absolutely amazing. Great tone and tasty playing...thanks for sharing. :thumbup: Which of the Chimera profiles did you use?

Which of the Chimera profiles did you use?

Which of the Chimera profiles did you use?

I used Chimera 12.

When I try to preview (double click) some profiles, they load into the KPA but don't work. I hear the clean sound of the guitar but nothing from the profile. The parameter all show up. The profiles are stored on my hard disc. Most of them work fine as long I don't try to load a special one. Now you could say the files might be corrupted, but when I load them via usb stick they work fine. What's wrong??

I felt same when I saw him 2-3 years ago. He left the potential of the band unused. No interaction with them, nor with the audience. They looked like slaves on stage and somehow unhappy. Hopefully Joe pays them right at least.
    He is a very good player but there is much more inside him, I asume. Maybe he is to controlled and he should smoke a joint or have a few beers before the gig. Not like Eric Gales sometimes did, but maybe just a little bit to get loose??? :)

To say it right away. I will continue buying profiles, if I like them, because I don't have access to all the different amps nor do I have the time to profile myself. I appriciate the input of others to deliver us with new profiles.

But now, what is the subject we are discussing? What is a profile? For me a profile anyway? It is just a file with a list of settings of an device (KPA). The sound is not made by the profile itself. It is produced by the KPA. There are over 60 parameter to adjust within the KPA to achieve a certain sound (that's what I read somewhere). Now - imagine you found out a nice setting on your real JCM 800 and you are selling this knowledge. As long as people buy - no problem. What if some nice guy gives this knowledge away for free? Just consider this aspect.

Is there a way to have a copyright on the settings of your amp? Same, but more complicated happens with the KPA. What are we paying for, when we buy profiles? I think we pay for the time and the knowledge somebody put into profiling an amp. Like somebody enhances the sound quality of your legaly purchased mp3 collection by processing it with some software and stores it as a new file. What are you paying for? You don't pay for the songs. You pay for the work of processing.

These are just thoughts. Like I said before. I still will buy profiles and won't give it away. This is not a matter of legally responsibility. It's just a matter of how you weight and respect others work and effort.

Here also comes something into the game what is rather philosophic than practically. Just because it is possible, you don't have to do it. Just because others do it, you don't have to do the same.

Mmmhh - still thinking about it . . . very interesting!!!