Posts by Ingolf

are you kidding dude ? the mustang is an ss modelling amp a 4x12 built for the mustang cost the third of the price of a cabinet with guitar speakers in them..... why is'nt every guitarist using them, we must be stupid. would still love to see a video with a marshall or messa 4x12 and a real guitar amp because i have them and the kemper does not sound right through them in comparison to the kemper through my studio monitors.(hearing is believing)

No, i'm not kidding.
    Go to celestion.com and get information about the G12T-100 that's in the Mustang. It's a normal guitar speaker, nothing fancy or special for modelling.
    So you know I did the same routing with my Marshall 6101 (30 anniversary combo), which sports a Celestion Gold. it sounds nearly identical (i.e. very good).
    Will try with my 6100 + 4x12 as well. If I find the time I can make a short clip later this week.

Fender Mustang doesn't use a broadband speaker but a Celestion G12T-100, which is a normal guitar speaker, not very different from the G12T-75 that the Marshall cabinet in the background is equipped with.

So: Hearing is believing, my friend. :rolleyes:
    IMO the KPA driven Mustang sounds awesome in the vid.

...kemper are telling us what it should sound like
    but users are hearing a totally different sound(fizzy, thin , distant...!). there still are not any videos
    of how the cabdriver supposed to sound through guitar amp and cabinet
    perhaps kemper would oblige?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NFGzxD3OJI

In this video you see a cheap Fender Mustang III fed by a KPA with cabdriver. It's on par with the Atomic and the New Camper in it's own way and sounds awesome.

What do you mean by 'lets cab simulation through'?
    Do you hear a difference entwesen cab on and off on Monitor Out?

Switching off the cab on Monitor out is not the same as switching the cab off in the rig itself which is maybe what you want to do.
    Switching off the cab on Monitor out will make the cabdriver function work.
    And indeed it's not an error but a feature that can not be estimated highly enough.

When I go into the return of ANY amp I own via KPA's monitor out it ALWAYS sounds better with cab off.

My 'one' guitar would be my 1989 Fenix Strat with Fender Tex Mex PU's.
    Nothing really fancy with this guitar, but it sounds, feels and plays great for me.
    It's 100% haptical compatibility between me and this guitar, and that's all that matters.
    She inspires me every time.

Hey, I did a short Video shootout of the Camper prototype vs. an Atomic FR vs. a Fender Mustang III.
    Camper and Atomic were on Main Out with flat EQ, Mustang was on Monitor Out, Cab off, with a little EQ (taming the treble a bit).
    It's in German but maybe it's useful for some of you.
    I think the differences come through very clearly in the vid.
    Was fun to do as well.
    Thanks Marco for letting me test the Camper.
    My personal conclusion is that in the end it's a matter of taste.
    Atomic and Mustang have way more top end, Camper is warmer in the mids.

Playing was a bit sloppy and room needs some tidying but... O well... :)

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EposJHIveX4

VBR = variable bit rate is best for .mp3.
    Also thew latest LAME encoder is recommended.
    What the several platforms do to our original material is another question, but I'd say the higher quality of the original the better the altered material...
    But I could be wrong.

This is in relation to the SAME profile right? To adjust Clean Sense so that when the gain is at 0, it matches the volume of the distorted sound (default distorted profile)

I think we are referring to different Clean and Distorted. Some Clean profiles are louder and some are too soft, it's hard to raise the volume to match other distorted profiles without experiencing clipping. I guess this is just the way the profiles are profiled?

Not only in relation to the same profile but also in relation to other profiles as I wrote.
    The test with one profile having the same loudness when going up and down with distortion is a good one and if clean sens is set right it also helps a great deal levelling out different profiles.

But of course due to the nature of different profiling authors different profiles still can sound louder.
    In this case I use cab volume and amp volume.

Also don't forget that some profiles have an EQ slot going or rig EQ with boosting lows, mids and highs somewhat.
    Due to the nature of this EQing being active this will also bring the level of the rig up.