Posts by sheguitarplayer

Ive been amazed by the quality of the users profiles shared on the forum.
    From the discussions on the forum it seems a few users are getting together for joint profiling sessions and if these actually happen it looks like there are going to be many fantastic profiles in the near future.
    As the numbers of KPAs grows this can only get even better.
    Its a great time to be a guitarist, and even better as a Kemper guitarist...

This is me! Haha, it's really funny I literally just registered to the forum and read this.
    Got my Kemper since 2 days and I LOVE it to bits.
    I already made a (very quick) profile of my JCM 800 with a Soldano Hotmod through my beloved H&K 2x12 with v30s and planning to do a couple more profiles this week.
    Anyway, a cool place about one of the coolest pieces of gear available.
    I am looking forward to using the KPA live with my bands The Vision Bleak and Empyrium as well...

That sounds like a wicked amp. Pls share the profile.......

Thanks paco, great work.
    I had a Cornford Mk50 as my main gigging amp for about 3 years. Loved it but it fell out of use when I started playing with a quieter band.
    Just sold it about a year ago. Wish I still had it to profile....
    Still have the matching cab.

Sorry shegp - tried to send you a PM but it didn't work.

I love the AFD profiles you did and a tweaked version of one of those is my main sound which I couldn't be happier with.

The other day I was trying to nail that "sweet child of mine" intro sound.
    I realise that it is probably my guitar, as I'm using a Strat with dual humbuckers and not a LP - but I'm really not getting close to that sound on the record. So anyways, just wanted to ask if you had any insights on how to get there 100% and if an LP with the neck Alnico2Pro is a key element of this sound (as I always thought it was actually the amp).
    Do you get there with the existing profiles of the AFD?

Ive got a slash guitar with alnico pro 1s in the neck and bridge. Slightly lower output than the 2s.
    Will spend some time over the weekend going for 'that' tone and profile it.
    The profiles I did were at the settings Slash used at one of his world tour gigs with the afd100 (Photo of his amp found on the web).
    I will also do a profile of the ±34 mode of the afd100.
    Just as a matter of interest, are you using the 'cab' it was profiled with (a palmer PDI03) or another one from the KPA.?
    Ive been loving TillS 2 mic 2 profile with it.

I got the axefx 2 presets from armin.
    I had the axefx2 for a couple of weeks, but didn't consider profiling it.
    There was a lot of the usual noise from the axe fx club about how different the profiles of the axefx were.
    They are not perfect, but some of them are very close with a little tweaking.
    I don't have the axefx now to directly compare, but as I said some of the axefx profiles are very good, just not as good as a direct profile of a real amp.

Usually a symptom of the proximity effect when micing a cab.
    As mentioned above, definition knob is your friend.
    Also the usual metal heads fix is to put a drive pedal (usually a tube screamer) in front of the amp.
    No drive, default volume. It has a resricted bandwidth which trims the input to the amp spot on for modern metal, exactly the way you would do with a real amp.

If you've read any of my previous posts you will know Ive run the gamut of modellers over the years.
    GP100, FX500, pod, flextone 2, v amp, Gt6, GT8, GT10, prophesy, axefx standard,ultra and 2.
    Ive never been a fan of the cab sims on any of them, and found the top end on all of them nasty in different ways. I therefore used to dial out so much top end they ended up sounding a bit unnatural.
    Some of the profiles on this KPA beastie have absolutely glorious open natural top end. Its such a pleasure to be able to wind up the top end to open the sound right up. Never had this on a modeller before, and its just brilliant.
    Note to self....
    This is not a modeller, its a profiler.
    The difference is 'clear'
    That could be a slogan lol