Loving the top end

• If you've read any of my previous posts you will know Ive run the gamut of modellers over the years.
    GP100, FX500, pod, flextone 2, v amp, Gt6, GT8, GT10, prophesy, axefx standard,ultra and 2.
    Ive never been a fan of the cab sims on any of them, and found the top end on all of them nasty in different ways. I therefore used to dial out so much top end they ended up sounding a bit unnatural.
    Some of the profiles on this KPA beastie have absolutely glorious open natural top end. Its such a pleasure to be able to wind up the top end to open the sound right up. Never had this on a modeller before, and its just brilliant.
    Note to self....
    This is not a modeller, its a profiler.
    The difference is 'clear'
    That could be a slogan lol

• I Totally agree with you on this point Ive always felt the cabs were the weak point on all the modelers Ive owned. The Kemper cabs are in another class, Ive no idea what they are doing different to others but whatever it is,,, it just works so well

• Agree 100% - same here starting from:
    Korg A3,
    POD 1.0 - 2.3
    DG-Stomp (which was nice)
    Vetta 1.0 - 2.5
    POD XT Live
    Zentera (also a nice one)
    Digitech GNX
    Boss GT8
    Zoom
    AxeFx Ultra
    POD HD500
    AxeFx II (great effect unit - best modeler)

Finally KPA - much better amp/speaker tone wise than all the others.

Yesterday I played one hour with a profile of my Lonestar Special - no effects - and it was fun - and sounds right for my ears.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I like Armin's comment.
    The Kemper is not a modeller, it an amp.

True about the 'high end'.
    Usually you're figuring out a way to tame high end and fizz, on the Kemper you're adding high end and smiling...the presence knob is your friend.