Posts by Virtuoso

Wow, these are awesome! Especially the TB department is very well done. Can't believe how it cleans up like a good AC 30. And the Tweed section is right up to par, too.
    I will definitely use these!

Thanks! The TB ones are my favorites - lots of character. 8)

The Hi Gain settings are pretty crap though - I just included them for the sake of completeness. :wacko:

Just uploaded to Rig Exchange...

[Blocked Image: http://www.virtuosopacific.com/amps/raleigh.jpg]

My favorite tiny practice amp. 8)

• Raleigh Clean (Volume at 1/3)
    • Raleigh Cleanish (Slight breakup - Volume at 1/2)
    • Raleigh Crunch (Volume at 2/3)
    • Raleigh Lead 1 AKG (Amp overdrive on; Volume at 1/3, Master at 3/4; AKG C414XLS mic - crisp sound)
    • Raleigh Lead 2 e609 (Amp overdrive on; Volume at 1/3, Master at 3/4; Sennheiser e609 mic - smoother sound)
    • Raleigh Cranked (Amp overdrive on; Volume and Master at 10!; Shure KSM44 mic)

Enjoy! :D

Just uploaded to Rig Exchange...

[Blocked Image: http://www.virtuosopacific.com/amps/mesa-ta30.jpg]

Mesa Transatlantic TA-30 Combo

[Blocked Image: http://www.woodbrass.com/image…ss/MESA+BOOGIE+TA30-1.JPG]

Channel 1 has Classic British AC-30 tones. I profiled it in 'Normal' mode and 'Top Boost' mode:-

Normal

• TA-30 C1 Clean
    • TA-30 C1 Cleanish (slight breakup)
    • TA-30 C1 Crunch
    • TA-30 C1 Crunch+ (more gain)

Top Boost

• TA-30 TB Cleanish
    • TA-30 TB Crunch
    • TA-30 TB Crunch+ (more gain)

Channel 2 has American Tweed and Mesa High Gain options:-

Tweed

• TA-30 Tweed Cleanish (slight breakup)
    • TA-30 Tweed Crunch
    • TA-30 Tweed Crunch+ (more gain)

Enjoy! :D

I tried to profile my Aura Concert pedal a few weeks ago but couldn't get it to sound even close. I would love to nail this so I can get rid of the pedal but the results I got were crap. I was running from the KPA directly into the pedal and straight back to the KPA (ie no mic or amp involved) - maybe you can't do it this way? ?(

I have one - I'm planning a major profiling session this week with a Two Rock Studio Pro 35 and the following overdrives:-

Rockbox Boiling Point
    Rockbox Baby Blues
    Fetto Nord
    Wampler Paisley Drive
    Wampler Plexi-Drive
    Ibanez TS808 HW
    BJF Honey Bee
    Suhr Riot
    Lovepedal OD 11

Here are a couple of suggestions:-

1. When using the KPA in Perform mode, maybe the Bank controls could instead step through the songs in the set list and there could be an LCD/LED display showing the section of the song assigned to each switch? (I don't know if Perform mode will work this way, but it might be handy).

2. More granularity on the Tuner and an indication of which note is being tuned (useful for those using alternate or drop tunings).

[Blocked Image: http://www.virtuosopacific.com/trash/floorboard_ac.png]

Just uploaded to Rig Exchange:-

• Tupelo Clean -
    • Tupelo Clean +
    • Tupelo Crunch -
    • Tupelo Crunch +
    • Tupelo Lead -
    • Tupelo Lead +

The 65 Amps Tupelo has a Smooth switch (+ & -) which adds presence and a touch of gain. It also has a Bump switch which adds more gain. The Lead profiles have the Bump switch on.

Enjoy! :thumbup:

[Blocked Image: http://www.virtuosopacific.com/amps/tupelo.jpg]

Yes, they are aware of it - I sent them a video of the problem. Profiles that I created under 1.0.7 are all randomly loading with incorrect gain and output levels. I have no idea why, but it affected every profile that I created and they load with the wrong settings around 50% of the time. ?(

Meh - all sorts of weird behavior going on with my profiles. I'm pulling them until I've figured out what's up. Two days wasted so far. X(

Ok - substitute the word 'switch' for 'comparison'. Forget I ever said 'comparison'. I would just like to be able to switch between the reference and the profile and have the other mute to make life easier. I'm not expecting the results to null.

I've unplugged and replugged my amps and muted my mixer channels about 100 times today. It's becoming a chore. :pinch:

I get that you're proud of the KPA's ability to totally replicate a miked amp - it's really very, very good - but don't let that perfectionism get in the way of the user experience. Make the device fun and easy to use as well as sounding great. :thumbup:

Meh - all sorts of weird behavior going on with my profiles. I'm pulling them until I've figured out what's up. Two days wasted so far. X(

Yes, and I have read three time the core message: "it would make the workflow easier", which is not enough information for me.

I have spelled out repeatedly why it's an issue, who it applies to, detailed a rather clumsy workaround, suggested how to improve it and where in the system to put the improvement. I really don't know what more information I can give you.

But this would cause the A/B comparison to fail, as you change the environmental sound, everytime you switch back and forth. Then the reason for the failure would not be obvious for less skilled users. Please take this into consideration.

Maybe make users respond to a dialog box when they switch the option on, warning them that they will be comparing the sound of a miked amp with the natural sound of an unmiked amp-in-a-room and to expect differences? (Accept/Cancel)

I have plans for an option to mute the direct out, when you leave the profiling mode and go back to the browser mode, then the profile can be heard without the reference amp playing along. Would you like that?

Sure, but that would only fix half the problem.

This is a great feature of the Eventide ModFactor and the AxeFX. Some examples of its potential uses:-

• Play harder and the tremolo/chorus/phaser intensity gets deeper
    • Play softer, the reverb decay gets longer or the mix level increases
    • Link the rotary speaker speed to the amplitude of the input signal so when you hold a chord, the rotary slows down as it decays
    • Ducking Delay - the delay level decreases while you're playing to avoid muddying the signal

There are tons of things you can do with this feature and it can turn ordinary patches into really expressive ones. How about it? :)

Quote from ckemper

So you want to adapt the close mic sound to the " in the room" of the amp?

No. This is now the third time I have posted the quoted text below in this thread. It was in my original first post. I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall asking for this very simple workflow feature. I will now give up. :rolleyes:

I understand that it would not give a perfect A/B comparison as the Kemper is profiling what the mic hears, not necessarily what we hear from the amp in the room, but it would make the workflow easier for those of us profiling at home rather than in a studio. :)

If the Profiler was only made for isolated studios, the mute function would not be a problem, right? But even professional studios do not have perfect acoustics. This is why this feature is necessary for a valuable A/B comparison even in a pro studio.

I'm really not following you. Are you saying that it actually has a mute function? My understanding is that it doesn't, hence the feature request. ?(

The question is, what you want to achieve.

Just simply to be able to flip between the reference amp and the Kemper profile and be able to hear each in isolation without having to stop playing, get up, mess around with cables and mixer buttons etc. I'm just asking for a System Preference option so that when you press the soft buttons to flip between the amps, it mutes the output for the one that you're not listening to. :thumbup: