Posts by Burkhard

Do you realize, that the Profiler doesn't immediately shutdown, if you accidentally switch the chickenhead into Off position? There is a screen indicating, that the Profiler will shut down after about 3- 4 seconds and a bar reflecting the progress. So if you should accidentally turn the chickenhead beyond Tuner, there is plenty of time to correct that.

I guess, this is a misunderstanding. janp1 might refer to Rigs as presets. In Profiler terminology "preset" has another meaning.

In fact you can assign and switch on/off up to four Stomp/Effect Modules per each of the four Effect Buttons of the Remote. And those assignments can differ by Rig. There are only eight Modules. I'm wondering, if there is any practical application, where you want to switch all eight Modules simultaneously and the resulting sound still fits.

You might consider switching between two complete Rigs instead using the Rig Buttons. That gives you all the flexibility. Or you could use Morphing. Morphing the Mix of all effects between 0 and x% has the same effect as switching them on/off.

Only one issue has not been resolved: There is manual re-calibration needed if pedal is disconnected-reconnected from powered-on KPA. As I don't disconnect pedal frequently, I can live with it.

Are you using current software? We don't think what you describe has ever been necessary except, if you connect the expression pedal for the very first time.

I'm testing here with current software and I just need to plug in my Mission Pedal into any pedal socket and it is recognized immediately, full range, even without pressing Calibrate, even after a reset of all global settings.

This works as follows: A Wah Pedal is normally controlling Wah and as long as no Wah effect is activate, Pedal Volume instead.

So you should not configure your pedal as a Volume Pedal, but as a Wah Pedal on that page. And you need to activate "WahPedal to Volume" on the page Pedal Links in the System Settings.

By the way, Mission is offering a Youtube video showing this configuration step by step.

In the change log in mentions something about the reset of the volume pedal after changing rigs. Can someone explain what this fix really does?

This is only relevant, if you have no dedicated Volume Pedal, but the Wah Pedal is configured to control Pedal Volume as well (WahPedal to Volume).

We try to avoid, that the user switches from a Rig with no active Wah effect to another with an active Wah effect while the Wah Pedal rests in the heel position, consequently Pedal Volume resting at zero. Now the user could control the Wah effect with the pedal, but volume would be left at zero, which might be confusing. Therefor during the Rig change Pedal Volume is reset. For values above 25% it stays where it was; for values below 25% it is reset to 25%. However, this reset only takes effect, if the Pedal Range is below 0 - so the pedal is configured to act as a normal volume pedal in that Rig. If the Pedal Range is set above 0, the Volume Pedal emerges into a booster pedal and Pedal Volume is reset to 100% anyhow during Rig change. Sounds complicated, but hopefully intuitive, if you use it.

The fix in 5.0.3 is, that this reset is now only applied, if Pedal Range is below 0 and the minimum level isn't 50%, but now 25%.

All this doesn't matter for dedicated Volume Pedals or for other pedals like Morph Pedal or Pitch Pedal ....

We have released a new Public Beta revision 5.0.3 with the following improvements:

Audio

fixed: anomaly in Recti Shaper

User Interface

fixed: old Profiles not correctly migrated into new format, if Amp, Cabinet Module or both are locked
    fixed: reset of Pedal Volume during Rig change reduced from 50% to 25% and only applied, if WahPedal to Volume is activated and Pedal Range is below 0
    fixed: under rare conditions the Performances got reset to factory default after restoring a backup
    fixed: Delay Hold and Infinity are reset during Rig change
    fixed: correct Power Amp Boost level maintained during restart added: import of Rigs and Presets also available in Performance Mode

Rig Manager 1.6 is minimum requirement!

I agree that this design is rather not good, but those pedals are here and we would like to use them with KPA. And simple function of locking calibrated range would allow us to use our pedals. :) BTW, Isn't Mission EP1-KP (for Kemper) pedal of the same faulty design/construction? Maybe it works different, but it looks no different to CryBaby design.
    [Blocked Image: http://deluxeguitars.com.au//m…ssion-ep1kemper-2-400.jpg][Blocked Image: http://www.fullcompass.com/com…ducts/original/243867.jpg]

@timo please, what is continuous calibration good for? And what's the purpose of calibration button / calibration screen, if after we calibrate pedal to desired range, KPA re-calibrates it afterwards to different values?
    And last and I think most important question is: Will we get some kind of "Lock range/Continuous calibration disable" button? Thank you!

Just to put things in perspective.

We are selling the Mission EP1-KP in our online store. So we have these on stock. We picked a few and tested those and there is no issue. The difference between the "normal continuous working range" and the activation of the button is extremely small, nearly not noticable. Consequently the pedal range always stays at full 127. These pedals work seamlessly with the Profiler.

Check volume pedal level reflected by the bar in the System Settings. If the volume pedal is located at the end of the signal chain it has impact on Master Mono or Master Stereo, but not on other signal sources like Stack or Mod. The Volume Pedal Location (and Range) could vary by Rig.

I suggest you verify, where your pedal volume sits at that time. Volume Pedal Location is set to Pre Stomp by default. So it is controlling gain like your guitar pot does.

Otherwise please open a support ticket including a backup and detailed instructions how to reproduce the situation.

Yea. I waited until the screen showed the backup was complete, then I pressed "OK" exited the menu, and removed the USB stick.
    You are correct, none of this has anything to do with 5.0, and the delay's are truly wonderful. They exceed my expectations by quite a bit. I didn't know you could do so much with a delay effect.

Thanks for the compliments regarding the new delays! Stay tuned!

Regarding the backup issue we honestly are not aware of any scenario, where the Profiler backup process is completed and leaves an empty backup file. Perhaps really an USB stick issue. We are planning one improvement: The Profiler should check if the backup file is empty and report a damage before wiping out the current data stored in its memory.

@OneEng1

Are you sure, you are waiting until the backup process is over and the confirmation message "Backup completed" appears on the Profiler display? Because if you don't, you will create an empty backup file on the USB stick. However, if you unmount the USB stick too early, a warning message will appear. But if you shut down the Profiler during the backup operation, there will be no message.

All this is not related to 5.0 in particular by the way.

If you are using a so called Studio Profile "Monitor Cab. Off" activates an approximation for MONITOR OUT and internal power amp. An ideal average cabinet is subtracted from the overall sound. Consequently, the sound is still influenced by those parameters in the Cabinet Module. This has always been the case since the beginning.

If you are using a so called Merged Profile "Monitor Cab.Off" activates the Direct Amplifier Profile for the MONITOR OUT and the internal power amp. So, no approximation anymore.

Instead of reinstalling the software turn the TYPE knob while the DLY Module is on focus in order to receive a list of all available Effect Types. This list will include all the new Delay Types, if you are running 5.0.0. This TYPE functionality has never changed and is described in the manual, in FAQ, in forum,...many times.

Here comes the BROWSE knob: In order to benefit from the New Delay Demonstration Presets you need to download and import those into your Browse Pool. You find those on download page under Rig Packs. The package includes a short document explaining the simple import process.