Question about latest firmware release (5.03)

• In the change log in mentions something about the reset of the volume pedal after changing rigs. Can someone explain what this fix really does?

On a somewhat different topic, this past weekend I had a gig and for my clean rig, I have a morph set up so that when I push the morphing pedal into toe down position, it adds some gain. I switched over to that rig for the first time that night (I've used it before in other gigs), and my morphing pedal was already in the down position and I didn't realize it. So instead of playing a clean part, it came out distorted. Is there a way to set it up so that when I switch to that rig, it always defaults to the heel down tone/parameters and doesn't kick in with the morphing until I actually step on the pedal?

• Very unlikely in this particular setting. I have no doubt that the pedal was moved forward. But I was under the impression that if the pedal is moved forward PRIOR to ever switching to that rig with the morph in it, then when I first activate that rig, it would be at its non-morphed state, regardless of what position the pedal was in. Maybe that's incorrect. Not a big deal. I was just curious.

• Is there a way to set it up so that when I switch to that rig, it always defaults to the heel down tone/parameters and doesn't kick in with the morphing until I actually step on the pedal?

Actually, this is how it is programmed. My guess is that either the pedal actually moved a bit due vibrations or the signal was slightly distorted due electrical interference, like using a long cable with the pedal crossing a 240V or audio line.

• In the change log in mentions something about the reset of the volume pedal after changing rigs. Can someone explain what this fix really does?

This is only relevant, if you have no dedicated Volume Pedal, but the Wah Pedal is configured to control Pedal Volume as well (WahPedal to Volume).

We try to avoid, that the user switches from a Rig with no active Wah effect to another with an active Wah effect while the Wah Pedal rests in the heel position, consequently Pedal Volume resting at zero. Now the user could control the Wah effect with the pedal, but volume would be left at zero, which might be confusing. Therefor during the Rig change Pedal Volume is reset. For values above 25% it stays where it was; for values below 25% it is reset to 25%. However, this reset only takes effect, if the Pedal Range is below 0 - so the pedal is configured to act as a normal volume pedal in that Rig. If the Pedal Range is set above 0, the Volume Pedal emerges into a booster pedal and Pedal Volume is reset to 100% anyhow during Rig change. Sounds complicated, but hopefully intuitive, if you use it.

The fix in 5.0.3 is, that this reset is now only applied, if Pedal Range is below 0 and the minimum level isn't 50%, but now 25%.

All this doesn't matter for dedicated Volume Pedals or for other pedals like Morph Pedal or Pitch Pedal ....