Posts by Burkhard

Please describe the issue more precisely.

I tested to upgrade a PROFILER from 7.3.2 standalone via USB memory stick to OS 7.4.0 and no local Speaker Imprint settings got lost in any stored Performance nor in the edit buffer.

Then I upgraded a PROFILER from OS 7.3.2 via Rig Manager, which I had upgraded from 3.0.120 to 3.0.122 before, and again no stored setting got lost in the PROFILER nor in the reflection of MyProfiler within Rig Manager.

Then I repeated the whole process with Performances in the Local Library of Rig Manager and nothing gets lost.

Where do you think the local Speaker Imprint got lost? Are you aware that local Speaker Imprint settings require a store like any other local setting?

So did I

I cannot reproduce such an issue. I returned to 7.3.2 release, selected local Speaker Imprints in the cabinet modules of Rigs in different Slots of different Performances. I stored those Performances with those edits. I upgraded to 7.4.0. And when I load those Performances and Slots under 7.4.0 the local Speaker Imprints come up as stored under 7.3.2 as expected. The same applies to the Performance buffer, which I didn't store. The Speaker Imprint edits survive the upgrade and restart.

Pedal volume and Rig Volume are two different independent controllers. Rig Volume changes the volume without changing the sound of a Rig. For Pedal Volume it depends on the settings of Pedal Location and Pedal Range in Rig Settings. These could vary by Rig. Detail descriptions are in the Main Manual.

On page pedal links you see a bar for each pedal controller. The default position for Volume is maximum (127) for the others (Wah, Pitch, Morph) is 0. You can use the knobs at the bottom to simulate pedals.

I'm afraid, this might be a trap.

Let's assume, your expression pedal currently controls volume. You leave it at maximum and switch over to Morphing. This might immediately be interpreted as Morph Sound position. Not only, that you hear the parameters in their Morph position, in case any are set up for Morphing already. Even if there are no morphed parameters yet, all changes of continuous parameters are now related to the Morph Sound instead of the Base Sound and stored that way, when you press STORE.

There is a reason why we don't offer to share one expression pedal for both: Volume Pedal and Morph Pedal. Volume Pedal in toe position is very common, Morphing Pedal in toe enables Morph Sound entry. This creates logical conflicts.

By activating Monitor Stereo in the Output Section, which pairs the MONITOR OUTPUT with the DIRECT OUTPUT to one logical stereo output. All settings for the MONITOR OUTPUT like Kemper Kone, Monitor Cab. Off, Imprint Select,... are then applied to both. You should chose Master Stereo as the Output Source.

I verified again, that the Aux In signal is not colored by the selected Speaker Imprint. Make sure you really use the Aux In function with the corresponding inputs and Aux In Mix dials in the output section.

MONITOR OUTPUT with Output Source "Stack" and the usual Kone settings.

MAIN OUTPUT with Output Source "DLY/REV Wet" to full-range cabinets.

HEADPHONE OUT to FOH, or S/PDIF OUT with Output Source "Master Stereo" or just mono via SEND 1 with Output Source "Master Mono".

What you try to store is called an amplifier preset. The default name that gets suggested is "Amplifier Preset". If you edit "Amplifier Preset" to "XYZ" it suggests "XYZ" next time. You must have edited the tag to blank. Our factory Rigs are tagged well. Otherwise tags like Amplifier Name could be empty and are therefor not always a reliable default.

If you own a classical PROFILER you could use the COPY & PASTE buttons to copy the Amp Name into the preset name edit screen.

We are asking ourselves, which method to select Note Values in the editor is more practical?

1. selecting from list

2. selecting via knob

You can test and compare both methods in effect type Serial TwoTap Delay while Tempo Sync is enabled. Note Value 1 and Note Value 2 offer selection from list (1) while Note Value Serial offers a selection via knob (2).

In principle, you load the Slot n of Performance m, turn the BROWSE knob to select a Rig from the BROWSE pool, if Autoload has been deactivated, you need to press Load, use left7right buttons of RIG navigation cross to move to another Slot and repeat the procedure … don't forget to press store before you move to another Performance.

Performance Mode handling is explained in the chapter Performance Mode of the Main Manual.