Posts by Burkhard

The TRS sockets of the Player's Monitor Out are balanced. Both Main Out and Monitor Out don't need any DI box.

Depending on the input sockets of the receiving device you either need a TRS cable, or a cable with TRS on one side and XLR male on the other side or a standard XLR cable and a simple balanced adapter on the Player side.

Hi Burkhard, I can't show a video. It happened when I used a midi program change from one rig to the next. I called this popup but as Don indicated, this had to do with two lookalike but different amps and then, by midi change, there's suddenly Middle and not in the previous one...

Please try to follow and understand the hints that were given. It has been explained that this behavior is intentional and related to a feature called "Liquid Profile". So please read the related chapter in the manual instead of running in circles with us.

dee1013 As far as I see you have not placed a support ticket yet. However this seems like a misunderstanding:

If you buy a used unit which has owner name "ooooo" or the unit has been reset and has returned to its default owner name "Me (xxxxx)",

and you connect this unit to your Rig Manager, this message pops up:

"The author's name of your KEMPER PROFILER differs from the name in Rig Manager. Do you want to set both to <name set in Rig Manager>?"

So your Rig Manager won't adopt the name of the pre-owner of the PROFILER, but the PROFILER will adopt your user name set in your Rig Manager application instead. Just confirm this offering and you are done. If you don't confirm, it will keep popping up at every RIg Manager start.

If the signal is muted or not while Tuner Mute is engaged is a global setting.

If you own a Player you find it in System Settings in Rig Manager.

For any other PROFILER model you find it in Tuner Mode at soft button 1.

For you application I would unmute the signal globally.

To tune with signal, you could just send MIDI CC#31 to activate and deactivate Tuner Mode.

And if you intent to tune silently, you could combine MIDI CC#31 with CC#7, which is volume pedal.

Please show in a video what you mean by "popup".

This is related to Liquid Profiles that were introduced in OS 10. If you select a particular amp model in amp settings like for example "Voice Ace 30 Topbst", the EQ switches to a model of the tonestack of the orginal amp instead of our Kemper Generic tonestack. Therefor the functions of the four soft knobs below the display can change from Rig to Rig. That is intentional and a feature.

The built-in foot switches 1, 2, and 3 of the Player are not the Effect Buttons I, II, and III. There is a reason for the different terminology used.

The Effect buttons I-IIII are functions that can be

a. assigned to the built-in foot switches

b. assigned to external analog momentary foot switches plugged into the pedal socket of the Player

c. triggered via MIDI control changes #75-78.

By default the built-in foot switch 2 is preassigned to the Effect Button I function.

The concept of the Effect Buttons I-IIII is adopted from the PROFILER Remote and Stage models, where these have a dedicated physical representation. Each of these Effect Buttons can toggle up to four effect modules or an action&freeze function like Rotary Speaker Speed. These functional assignments to an Effect Button can vary by Rig and are stored in each Rig. So the same effect button could trigger Delay Infinity in one Rig A and toggle effect Module B and DLY in another Rig B. So these four Effect Buttons exist as virtual nodes in the Player.

There is a detailed description in the Player Main Manual.

You might have locked the Volume Pedal in Rig Settings. In this case Volume Pedal Location and Volume Pedal Range survive Rig changes and temporarily overwrite the settings stored in the Rig. The button color yellow indicates that the Rig is edited. If you store the Rig, the locked settings are stored with the Rig.

And if you attach an analog momentary switch to one of the PEDAL sockets, you find "Freeze" in the selection of function which can be assigned.