Posts by Adinfinitum

It might ultimately turn out to be a software glitch, since three LEDs on my unit suddenly blinked out after trying to update the firmware. Since I have more than 1000 profiles, the update caused a software crash and I had to revert back to 1.1. I received an RMA to send the unit to Texas for repair, but I really don't want to be without the unit for a few weeks (although I sincerely appreciate Kemper's quick response and offer for repair, including shipping!!!). Great, great, customer service!

I tried the maintainance mode and that had no affect, but the firmware update could have done something to the unit (although I have no idea how it could). It just seems strange that several KPAs are starting to display this behavior.

Anyway, I'd rather wait and save Kemper and myself time and resources if it ends up being a firmware issue

uh why not? The point of owning the device is to load profiles. I've had the unit since February and download all profiles from the exchange to try out. That's part of the enjoyment of the KPA. Of course, I have favorites, but why shouldn't all the profiles be stored in the unit? Sometimes I'll revisit a profile that didn't sound great and realize with a few tweaks, it sounds really good. Plus, many of the profile bundles come with dozens of profiles per pack. Getting to a 1000 profiles doesn't take a lot of effort.

The point is the firmware shouldn't have issues with the number of profiles or if there is a limit, then Kemper should indicted how many is the max. I prefer not deleting rigs if the next firmware update corrects this issue, since I'm not a computer whiz and don't want to delete something that I'll have trouble putting back.

I'm getting software errors with the new firmware. I have A LOT of rigs (I think 3000!). Has anyone successfully removed the rigs to get them down under 1,000, loaded the new firmware and then reloaded all the rigs successfully? Will future firmware always have this limitation? I'd rather wait until the firmware doesn't have any limitations on the number of rigs since my unit is running fine under 1.1 (except for burnt out LEDs which will be repaired soon).

Will do. I finally was able to get an older firmware loaded. I went into maintainance mode and checked all the LEDs. Yep, three are definitely blown out.

Also, for some reason, all my backups were corrupted, so I'm backing up all my rigs and then seeing if I can start fresh.

Honestly, I can deal with firmware updates borking my system, but a little annoyed that three LEDs blew out so quickly.

Thanks. I'm having lots of issues with the KPA. I've been really hesitant to upload new firmware and I'm actual still on the last stable version (prior to 1.1). Now, for no reason, it is giving me an error message and three LEDs are out (I've had the unit since February). I tried loading the latest firmware and it loads, but when going to the "storage" stage, I get a random error. I'm going to try 1.1 and see if that solves it.

I think a bad downloaded profile screwed it up.

I'm only seeing cabinets that were imported via a folder/USB. Is there any way for the Kemper to add each cabinet from a rig automatically or do I have to save the cabinet separately after auditioning a rig?

How do you get the KPA to see a folder of Cabinet files? I have a subfolder in Shared on my USB stick, but have no idea how to get the cabinets in the KPA to use with different amps. Also, would be great that the KPA would automatically save the Amp and cabinet when loading full rigs.

I have no problem paying for high quality, done in a pro studio, with high quality mic and cabs, profiles, so long as the bloke charging has not downloaded free profiles from the exchange; otherwise, it seems a little hypocritical to me.

In any case, a sincere thanks to everyone making their profiles available. Much appreciate, both the hard work, time and talent to make some outstanding profiles.