Posts by Capitancamparro

Hi Guys,

just wanted to let you know I am currently playing a small tour with one of my bands (The Vision Bleak) and used the KPA this weekend for the first time on stage. Worked like a charm - no problems whatsoever and really great sound. Words of praise from my soundguy, the guitar players of the support bands,audience - even my second guitarist who is a die hard analog Marshall guy is really convinced of the KPA now. I used it direct to the FOH and the monitor out into a real cheap solid state power amp into Laboga 4x12 for on stage monitoring. I've controlled everything with a Behringer FCB.
    Can't wait to swap out the Foot Controller and and Poweramp for the Kemper stuff once it is available but fo now this is a really solid combination. Shows were 300 people club shows. So if anybody is still not sure whether to use the KPA on stage I'de say - give it a try it works like a charm! I am on firmware 1.06 by the way and it's rock solid for me !

Markus

Same here. Besides the incorrect loading bug 1.06 seems to be rock stable. I haven't done a profile with it yet but maybe today after studiowork I can give it a quick and dirty try.

Nono, surely not the winner here. I was thinking all the weekend that the sound after boot up is the good one - so, we are all looking a little stupid now....mmhhh, but I was just playing with headphones all weekend and not listening to the sound on good speakers - so....maybe that will be ok as an excuse...???

Ok, here's the clip:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29807386/Kemperrelief.wav

1 is the sound right after booting up
    2 is the sound after rig change and going back to the same
    3 is the sound I recorded on the 11 February with 1.02 and just cut out of the song

Obviously 2 and 3 are the same.

There's no eq change or anything on the rig - it's a pure profile I did with the Kemper without any "onboard" effects, stomps etc and all EQ controls at 12 o'clock ever since I created that Rig.

I was having the same impression when I just played the Kemper in the studio. The sound after changing the Rig felt much better, more dynamic and responsive....

Sorry for the shitty playing btw - I did this super quick to relief us all from this bane!

Ok, guys - I can say with absolute 100% certainity that the sound AFTER Rig Change (not the sound that appears first after booting the unit) is the GOOD one. Time to say sorry and we all get our mental health back (or not - Schneidas are you still here??????????)!
    I just compared it to a track I recorded on the 11th of February - so I was still on 1.02 - and it's obvious that the sound after rig change is the same as on that track. I used the same guitar, same picks, same cable, same everything and nomalized them all to the same volume - the difference is so obvious I am 100% sure. So my feelings I had at the studio when playing over good monitors a coupl of hours ago where right (I'm mostly playing with headphones at home - even though I have some nice old KRKs here as well). Sorry and now let's move on and make some music!

Ok, so after finishing studio work of the day I am right mow sitting in the studio and playing with the Kemper over the Studio Monitors - I am not so sure anymore that the sound right after reboot is the good one. There's a point that the sound after rig change feels better. More responsive actually. However, I can say with 100% certainy this evening. I'll check some recordings I did with 1.03 and compare. It would be really cool if someone of the Kemper Team could chime in and explain what happens technically - if they figured it out.

For me nothing works either. Numerous System Resets and reinstalls of 1.06 and the sound still keeps changing after rig browsing. I really hope for them they fix it soon. I mean, this is a serious bug not some cosmetic one...

Difference between 2 and 3 is clear and it does sound like the cab has changed - I wonder if the change to the next profile preloads the cab of that profile (in code) and doesn't release it if you switch back to the first profile. What happens if you put the same profile next to itself and do the switch then? What happens if you put two profiles with the same cab next to each other and do the switching around then?

I'd test it myself but I'm not going to 1.04 until we have the issue ironed out and I don't have the problem.

Unfortunately it's not a cab change. I have the same problem when I switch between two rigs using the same cab. On start up Rig 1 (normal sound) then switch to Rig 2 (same cab as Rig 1) back to Rig 1 - sound changed - more scooped and more presence/fizziness and also slight increase of volume (about 1 db). For now my workaround is to engange a master eq where I cut a little bit of presence and increase midrange by about 0.5 - 1. Works ok until the fix.

Besides this ugly bug 1.06 seems to be really cool and stable I think. So, I hope they manage to fix that soon and then we are all rocking again.

Thanks for your clip! I hear a definte change of the sound - exactly as with mine. Link your post to the error report for support please.
    Also, let them know that downgrading from 1.0.6 to 1.0.2 doesn't help.
    Seems like a virus - once infected - it returns in every firmware downgrade.

On a sidenote: anyone running a previous FW (let's say up to 1.0.3) who hasn't upgraded further can comment on this? How is your KPA behaving?

I just reported it to support with link to my post in the forum. I hope they fix it ASAP

It must have started with 1.05 I think. Even going back to 1.02 doesn't change it and I am 100% sure it wasn't there in 1.02 or 1.03. Something got screwed up with the new software update!

Definitely more fizz and more scooped sound going on on the same profile after changing a rig and going back. Restart -> fine. Change rig and go back to the original rig -> not good. Doesn't matter what firmware I am using now. What's going on? Here's a short clip even on firmware 1.02.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29807386/Kemper%20bug.wav

The first is the sound after booting, the second after just switching to another rig and then back to the first.

I went all the way back from 1.06 and nothing changed after firmware downgrades.

BTW. The Rig I am testing this with is a "pure profile" of my 5150 which I made for touring with my band - my live rythm setting. I never touched the EQ or anything else in the Kemper on this rg. It's the rig like I profiled the amp, no stomp, no fx, nothing - so I am not getting what's wrong

I have been pretty scientific about this so my ears are not playing tricks on me and always recorded into pro tools after every step i took. And going back to the old software didn't change that...go figure

Ok, having the unit unplugged didn't help. Another system reset - didn't help. Going back to firmware 1.03 - didn't help. I thinkl I am trying 1.04 and a system reset if that doesn't work I hope Kemper is up with a solution real quick. I had fishy feelings about the unit not sounding as good since quite some time as well but as everybody else I though maybe I was romanticising previous sounds - but no, the sound changed definitely!