Posts by Radley

Having re-read the previous responses, I will say this: The Kemper is an amazing piece of gear - I will be testing it severely during the next two weeks. I frankly don't care what the fanbois think, nor the hopeless critiques - I just want to see what it can do tonally.

There's nothing ignorant about my opinion. All I said is, I don't care for your HC. If others do - so be it. That's fine with me. What's ignorant about that?
    The fact that you are a lifetime professional player is even more sad to see when reading your posts.
    This thread is not the place to promote your products. If you feel you gotta do so, please open a dedicated thread for it.

Schneidas - I am fine with putting my lifetime reputation up against yours, and although I feel your words are overly harsh and misguided, I will accept them as the end of this discussion.

BTW: You were never 'fine' on this board: You have always had arguments about the best OS, arguments about the best profiling OS, arguments about the Cab Block, arguments about the best OD block, arguments about the Cab block and why it is so prone to crashing, etc.

There's nothing offensive for me, besides the tone in your posts.
    Dude, I don't really care for you or your HC. All I'm saying is if you wanna sell your stuff - find a different place, not this thread.
    Btw, we were fine on this very board before you came here and shared your "wisdom" with us. ;)

HUH? Go sell your opinion somewhere else my friend - I don't want to see you selling your ignorant opinion here because I simply disagree....

What a line of tripe - I am a lifetime professional player with all the rope-burns and wisdom of the position,

If this means nothing to you, then so be it, but other players may want to look a bit deeper...

Yes I will, but please understand I felt attacked by the previous responses - I am being very honest here, even though I am lifetime professional player.

I do not post things that are not true.

Not this again!
    Ok Rad, if you gotta bring it on with the HC, please do it in another thread.
    Thanks

P.s. BTW, I was waiting when the HC would come up. I knew it would happen sooner or later ;)

You weren't waiting for shit, because I have not mentioned the HC on any modeling board for over 4 years. The fact is that the the HC does what it claims and has many user reviews to prove it. If that is offensive to you then maybe you should find a more perfect board, because this one is still looking for the best ways to make to make the best sounds for modern guitarists...

No problem - I said what I believe to be true and you are mocking it..... The Harmonic Converger has worked for many pro players around the world who felt their digital devices were not sounding like real guitar amps (less fizzy highs, more tubey snarl) this is the truth, and is backed by countless user reviews.... now let's let it die in peace and I will say no more. (unless you do)

PS: I can already tell that a certain 'tone enhancing device' yours truly designed would help the Kemper immensely (especially the overdrive tones), but I will not go into it - let's just say the Kemper distortion has a tendency towards 'fizziness' and a 'scattered' high end.

In other words you're a "fanboi" of both the KPA & Axe-FX? :)[/quote]

That may be very accurate at this point, but the edge would have to go to the AFX II since I already have a large assortment of very usable tones - the verdict is still out on the KPA, but I will give the Kemper every chance to bring the AFX II to it's knees under identical testing regimens. I have no dog in this or any race that involves pure guitar tone.

To delve deeper....

The KPA is a dedicated Amp Profiler with basic effects - Is it perfect at it's job? No. Will it get better? We assume so.

The AFX II is a Stereo Amp Modeler/Profiler with in-depth effects & routing - Is it perfect at it's job? No. Will it get better? We assume so.

The title of this thread is KPA vs AxeFx II: Did it turn into a fanboi fantasy? I think so 8) As an owner of both, I must tell you there is no 'quantum leap' ahead with the Kemper - only a simpler OS for a totally different system. I understand that KPA is ideal for many users, but I suspect less ideal for the dedicated 'tone-hound tweakers'. I would personally put my AFX II presets up against anything I have heard on this board, but I am still a novice with the KPA at this point....

If I appear to be saying that KPA profiles are not always accurate, then so be it. This is not to say that there aren't some great sounds to be gleaned, but only to say that looking for very specific profiles may not be the quickest way to your tonal Nirvana, and this is because even with the KPA, we still do not have totally accurate Amp profiles.

Wow - Everyone seems to be waiting on a specific profile, even if it's not that accurate... I much prefer to simply try each profile, and go with the ones that sound/feel the best - who cares what amp is being profiled? It either moves you or it doesn't, no? Maybe it doesn't sound sound exactly
    like the amp being profiled - maybe it sounds *better* We must always listen with our ears!!!