Posts by Pick909

Waiting is fine when you know how much time you'll wait... So any clearer information from Kemper will be VERY welcome!!!! Are we on the verge of getting KPAs in Canada or not? Matter of days? :) Weeks? :( Months? ;( Pleaaase!!!! Don't let us in the DAAaaark!!!! ?(

BTW David I have no clue about the quality of your english but I hope that it is better than mine! ;) From Montreal?

Pierre

I asked to the "Sales and operations" service from Kemper what hapened to the canadian shipment and here is what the same Matthew Skaggs answered:

"We are waiting on our ULc certification, which is taking ages it seems, we will notify all of our canadian dealers as soon as we have a greenlight to ship!"

If the canadian dealers say that they received the greenlight then the first concerned peoples, the Kemper guys, still don't seem to be aware of that??? ?(

So, apart from the canadian dealers list, did you get a different answer than me about the canadian shipment greenlight? I received my answer yesterday.

Pierre

I think most modeller units in the history were always pack with a lot of FXs just to mask the simple fact they were not able to reproduce a satisfying tube amp tone. The appealling of the deal was "Hey you have everything in one box!", but for me it was even not thru because I've always used a lot of stomp boxes with modelers i owned ( yes even with AFX ).

So, now that modelling and profiling can create really convincing tube amp tones there would be no shame to sell a totally stripped down modelling units with only preamps, amps and cab simulations then we can use the FXs stomps we prefer.

I think they should offer the choice of one stripped down box and one full FXs box to customers as they prefer it.

Pierre

I can't believe how little information there is about the status of the shipment to canadian distributors !
    I ordered mine Months ago , and paid it almost in full. This waiting period is excruciating.

Please give us an update .

Thanks

+ 10000000000000000!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

I just found in the FAQ that when you profile the preamp section only of your amp then feed it back to the poweramp of your amp using the profile it will give the same tone as if you use the physical preamp (this part is logical to me). AND you can send the profiled preamp in any profiled cab then the to FRFR too (now it's where I'm lost...).

So, again, I assume that the poweramp part of a complete profile ( preamp+poweramp+cab ) is in the cabinet part or mostly. Some light please? :)

Pierre

It has always been possible and it works great. I tested it by connecting the effect send of my Marshall JVM410H with the return of the KPA. You need to activate the effect loop on the KPA and deavtivate the amp+EQ Section and just use the Cabinet section. The results are amazing. Best Cab emulation i ever heard and sounds even better than the Redwirez IRs i used before i had the KPA.

Thanks for the answer! What confuse me now is that in the setup you had you sent the signal from the "send" of your Marshall so there was no power amp in the chain? ?( ... So is the power amp in the cab profile? Or sort of?

Pierre

Hi, I know that it was not possible a few time ago but as I am far from the KPA discussion since a while I was wondering if updates have bring the KPA to this possibilty. So the question is:

Is it possible, at the moment, to separate the preamp part from the poweramp part of a profile and use the KPA as a poweramp+cab simulator? Or as a preamp only?

Pierre