Posts by HELL-G

MMMMMMH, i think i got it worse. My wife loves the toaster for seeing me happy as a child on Christmas every time i plug my axe into the profiler. But my drummer wants me and my bandmate guitarist to pay a euro every time we say "profile" "Profiler" "Kemper" "awesome" or any other imaginable word to express our affiction. I'm about to get ruined ;(.

This is not the problem.
    You're right that the slot name will not change when you assign a different rig to a slot that has been loaded with a rig already.
    I set up a completely blank performance. When assigning rigs to the first 4 slots the rigname is displayed correctly in the small tag, on slot 5 the rigname of slot 1 (which is not the same rig that is assigned to slot 5) is displayed in the tag. i just checked it again, it's clearly reproduceable. KAOS 2.2.1 release.
    Can anyone check this please?

This is not the problem.
    When loading a different rig to an already assigned slot the slot tag will not change, which is intended by design.
    I started with a completely empty performance, no rig assigned to any slot. When adding a rig to slot 1, 2, 3 and four the correct rigname is displayed in the small slot tag, when adding a rig to slot 5, the rigname of the rig in slot 1 is displayed. That is not by design i think.
    Can someone please set up rigs in performances you have not used before in order to see if you get the same error? It does not always happen on the first performance you edit, maybe you need to set up 2 or 3 performances to get that error.

I can reproduce this issue, i'm on 2.1.1. release. Just loaded rigs into an empty performance, when coming to slot 5 the tag of that slot shows the name of the rig in slot 1, the rig name is displayed correctly in the line below the performance's name. Did not happen on the first time a performance was set up after a reboot, though. Can you please try again confirm this?

EDIT: It just happened after reboot on slot 5.

I just checked them all, and yeah, they're all dead. Could you upload them somewhere else... perhaps the rig exchange? It was very awesome of you to fulfill all those requests, btw.

Hi meambobbo,

i'll reset the links asap, the files are still in the dropbox. Taking the profiles of two profiles is done quickly as you don't have to tweak mic positions etc. I just set the relative levels of the tones to achieve the desired new tone, e.g. i took a profile of my Marshall at a low gain setting and combined it with a high gain tone of the same amp.

The Profiling process is aborted when no or a to low returnsignal is detected.
    I think the two or even three Profilers method to get a profile containing tweaks or being a blend of two profiles will show proper results only. I'll hopefully get my greedy fingers on a third Profiler again soon, i will try to get more merged profiles as the ones i did already are quite good.