Posts by Stemast

Another thing that might save you sometime is to make use of the search function (can be found at the top of the forum and/or thread page), whenever you have a question about something, Mj.
    Several questions have been answered and explained thoroughly before and you' ll most probably find what you are looking for quicker than waiting someone to respond back you.
    I hope that helps you a little too.

Meh - all sorts of weird behavior going on with my profiles. I'm pulling them until I've figured out what's up. Two days wasted so far. X(

Could you please elaborate more? Are you seeking for advice or just made a statement?

I really miss the ducking delay of my previous effect, the TC G-system.
    I do not miss much, if anything, from the other effects I owned during my 25 years of playing.
    I love my KPA
    Mike

And why don't you connect your G-System to KPA?
    This is what I've done (connected to the KPA effects loop) and it's a great combination.

I have these pops & crackles as well... but irregularly. The strange thing is, it can occur and be very evident. And then, other times, it works with no crackles or pops. Could this be a soundcard issue?

My soundcard is set as slave (external).

FWIW, I contacted support as well about this...

Ok, first things first.
    I had mine set to "internal". I changed the settings to KPA as "master" and the issue is gone.
    I confirmed the same, by playing several different rigs, changing the settings.

Chris,
    My story is that I bought a new audio interface last Friday, not because of the KPA of course, but I had serious problems with the s/pdif in general and with any device I tried to connect this way.
    So, since last week I enjoy playing without issues (except the firmware update, which is easily resolved with the workaround) and fooling around with all inputs/outputs (analogue and digital), effect loop e.t.c.

What I would suggest is, before you proceed to any cost involving solution, to maybe try a friend's interface or see if you could borrow one for a couple of days, do your own tests and then make a decision.

As for the s/pdif crackles issue, here's the dialogue with Support:

Excellent news, Burkhard.
    Any idea what is causing the crackles?
    Thank you very much for your help! Have a good day,
    Stelios

Kemper Amps Support <[email protected]> Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 9:50 AM
    Dear stemast,
    no, we are just analyzing the 'crackles'. Have a good one!

Kemper Amps Support <[email protected]> Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 10:14 AM
    Dear stemast,
    if you are experiencing the crackles as well, please validate and le tme know, if the clock setting of your soundcard is definetly in 'slave' mode. I've leraned, that crackles can happen , if this is not the case. And the KPA can only act as master.

I have anyway promised to check what settings I have set it to, when I get home later in the evening. (I am pretty sure I have the audio interface set to "Internal" clock, and I may need to change that and see if there's any improvement)

So Im assuming a fix is in the work other than this temp fix? I use spdif all the time in the studio so I cant upgrade to 1.07.

I wouldn't think otherwise.

See also the full response from Support, confirming this, below:

Dear stemast,
    yes, thanks, we have found the root cause, why the SPDIF-Out needs a reset. We'll fix this in our next public beta. The suggestion of a backup/restore didn't make sense, sorry, because - in deed - the restore loads also the faulty global settings. We'll seperate the reset of MIdi-Assigments from the 'normal' reset.

[quote='Stemast',index.php?page=Thread&postID=28726#post28726]No output from S/PDIF - Problem solved

please note that this will reset, ERASE in other words, your MIDI program change assignments as well. if you feel that you need to perform this task, you might want to make a backup first.
    hth, gs

You are absolutely right, G String. Thanks for the clarification.

No output from S/PDIF - Problem solved

As I replied back to Burkhard from KPA support (thanks a lot, mate!):
    "The suggestion to "Push and hold two buttons - AMPLIFIER and CABINET - while you switch on the device and directly move the chickenhead knob into PROFILER position" etc, worked and I now have the s/pdif working just fine!
    One thing that you may need to know, for other users, is that since everything was initialized I did a restore from my latest backup (yesterday before I upgraded to 1.07) and I lost s/pdif output again. So I did the above process again and then I re-loaded the rigs and cabs (not by a previous backup, but by the standerd process by putting them in the Shared folder)"

I have received a response back from support today, but I cannot try what is suggested, not until I get back home from work.
    I'll update the forum with the results (succesful or not), but it won't be earlier than 21:00pm UK.

Which firmware version are you coming from? 1.0.6 had a nice latency reduction, if you have come from an earlier version then you will probably notice. Not sure if they have manage to further refine this from 1.0.6.

Spence

I have the impression that is a little better (or I maybe bogus too...)