Posts by davec69

Today while noodling on my Kemper, I pressed the "Lock" button, while in "Browse" mode, to see if I had any modules locked. I didn't, but I noticed that the rig button lit when I pressed the "Lock" button. I could also toggle the rig button on and off while holding the lock button. Can someone tell me what this is locking?

Have you checked the S/PDIF input level on your audio interface, or possibly in your DAW?

Another thought would be for you to check which spdif output mode your KPA is set to. Mono, Stereo, GIT/Proc, ect.

Do you get normal analog volume?

The easiest way to ensure it's a new unit, is to buy it from a reputable dealer. A reputable dealer will make sure that their customers are happy, and get what they paid for. I'm sure you can find plenty of owners here who can give you advice on reputable dealers.

I haven't played around with it. I'll try it tonight. Thought I'd ask what it does before messing with it. It is already locked (lit when the lock button is held) on my KPA.

I was checking for locked modules on my KPA, and I noticed that the rig light was the only button lit, when the lock button was held. I also noticed that I could toggle the rig button, effectively locking the rig. I've never noticed this before. Does anyone know what locking the rig button does?

Try lowering the master volume, and raising the volume on you JBLs. I'm not really a high gain guy, but when I'm playing a profile with too much bite, backing off the master volume and raising my amplifier volume does it for me.

Also, If you use a volume pedal, go into the rig menu and see what position you have your volume pedal in. Pre or post can have a big effect on the gain/tone when using a volume pedal.

If none of that works. Press the Cab button and start scrolling through different cabs. You might find one that you like better for a particular profile.

Other that the usual items under the master menu, The first thing that I check when I have volume change strangeness, is the pedal links page, (page 5 of the system menu). On that page you can see if your KPA has any of the pedals at the zero position, for some reason. Same thing on page 3 of the rig menu, which is another place to check for a zero volume pedal problem for the particular rig.

After the above, I would make sure that you don't have any weird volume settings saved in any of your stomp positions. A boost stomp, with a very low volume setting, for example. try turning off and on, all of the stomps used in the rig, for testing.

1600.00 is not unreasonable for a mint unpowered KPA. One sold recently on Reverb.com, for 1299.00usd. Saw another one listed for 1530.00 on The Gear Page. Brand New units can be found on Reverb.com for 1800.00 - 2000.00. Several on Ebay now, for 1500.00-1600.00.

Of course, there's also a Powered head on Ebay for 4999.99 and a Powered Rack for 6999.99. Not sure what's going on there.

I'm no expert, and I may be well off base, but my laymen s understanding is that the original studio profiles really had no way of knowing which part of a profile was amp, and which part was cab, so many guestimates calculations had to be made, when separating amp and cab. The new merged profiling process, better profiles the amp and cabinet separately, so when you go swapping amps and cabs from different profiles, you get better results. As an example, a Fender Deluxe amp with a Marshall cabinet, will sound more like what you would expect to hear from the actual amp and cabs.

Here's a few ideas for you:

1. Check the cables from your KPA to your power amp or speaker cab.
    2. Try disabling each module one at a time, to ensure that one of your modules is not causing the problem. Especially the loop module.
    3. If you use anything in the loop, try unplugging it temporarily, to test.
    4. Go into the Master Out section and check your output settings. Make sure that your are using the correct stereo out setting.
    5. If using a stereo effect in the loop, make sure you are using the stereo loop module in the slot, and not the mono loop module.

Find yourself a new or used Behringer SRC2496 AD/DA Converter and plug your KPA Spdif into it, then Take the SPdif out of the SRC 2496 and plug into your audio interface. From the front panel of the SRC, you can set any sample rate that you want. I record all my projects at 96k. I keep my KPA connected at 44.1k to my sound cards SPdif at 96k. All happens in real time. No detectable latency.

https://www.music-group.com/Ca…nterfaces/SRC2496/p/P0141