Posts by davec69

I've got 10 switches on my footcontroller, and that Morgan AC-20 profile is the one of the few profiles that get permanent button status. The other profiles can be voted off the controller.

Another trick that works good, especially on high gain sounds, is to set the volume of the profile to your solo level initially, then use an effect (like the EQ) to lower the volume for rhythm. Then save the profile with the effect engaged. When the solo comes around, you disable the eq. to put the volume back at the original level.

Kind of like boosting without actually boosting. It can help on profiles that get noisy when boosted too much.

I have to add my thanks to you for these great profiles, and for all the hard work.

Anyone who's profiled a single amp should appreciate the amount of work that's gone into this collection of profiles. Great job!!

1500 profiles?.........Man I'd hate to see that set list.... :)

Seriously, I keep 2 backups....on 2 different USB sticks. One for home another one for shows.

The home backup has pretty much all of the available profiles on it. The gig backup only has about 50 profiles that I may want to use at a show.

At home, I can restore the home backup and fart around. At shows, I load up just the necessities.

Not sure if I'm just missing it, but would it be possible to get a quick link to the main Kemper website at the top of the forum page?

Maybe have a URL spot on the Kemper logo above which takes you to the main site.

Maybe a link directly to the Rig Exchange?

Well I finally got around to trying my hand at profiling today. First up is my Dumble 1 x 12 combo clone built by KBP over at TGP.

The amp is a 50w version of Dumble #183 which is a EL-34 variant. Also, I had mine built with the HRM mods and a few other tweaks.

Signal chain was pretty basic since I did the profiling at my rehearsal space. The guitar is my PRS DGT into the KPA > KPA send > Amp Input > Eminence Tonker > CAD Trion 7000 Ribbon on the first batch of profiles and a CAD Trion 6000 condenser on the 2nd group of profiles > Eleven Rack Mic Input (all amp models and FX turned off) > Eleven Rack Main Left out > KPA return.

All profiles were made with the same amp gain and eq settings. The only difference are the channel, and preamp boost in or out (PAB) Volume was set at the 3 o'clock position and the master was set at the 1 o'clock position. No fx or pedals were used on the amp. I added reverb and delay afterwards in the KPA

First Batch (CAD TRION 7000 ribbon mic)

KBP ODS "183" CLN = Clean channel (No PAB)

KBP ODS "183" +PAB = Clean channel (PAB On)

KBP ODS "183" CH2 = Overdrive channel (No PAB)

KBP ODS "183" CH2PAB = Overdrive channel (PAB On)

Second Batch (CAD TRION 6000 condenser mic)

KBP ODS "183" CLN2 = Clean channel (No PAB)

KBP ODS "183" +PAB2 = Clean channel (PAB On)

KBP ODS "183" CH2A = Overdrive channel (No PAB)

KBP ODS "183" PAB2 = Overdrive channel (PAB On)

I normally run my KPA through my ADA microtube 200 and 2 x12 cab with Tone Tubby Ceramic and a EV -12L so I keep the cabs locked in the off position. I saved these profiles with the cabs on, so they should sound correct through a FRFR setup.

Profiles are now up!!!

Here a zip: http://www.tandemmedia.com/images/tgp/kemper/kbpods.zip

[Blocked Image: http://www.tandemmedia.com/images/tgp/kemper/kbpods.jpg]

Has there been any discussion, or can anyone speak to the magnetic shielding of the KPA?

Without sounding to nutty, could there be issues with placing the Kemper directly on top of a speaker cabinet housing two EV-12L's (Large magnet) for example?

How about sitting the KPA on top of a 200w stereo power amp?

I have had problems in the past, with tube amps being in close proximity to various devices, ie. speakers, poweramps, ect. I'm just wondering if that should be a consideration with the KPA?

I've used the Kemper live, and I haven't noticed any loss in dynamics.

Could it possibly be the PA that you plugged into?

Many PA consoles have gates, compressors, and/or limiters on the input channels. Most are simple one knob affairs, which can wreck the tone of your Kemper if not kept in check.

Some sound guys crank these input channel processors up by default, thinking that it will help, but it can destroy certain signals.

If you have some great presets, that you've finely tuned, don't let the sound guy at your next gig destroy it. Ask him or her to disable input channel processors. You've already handled it in the Kemper.

Thanks for the info. I just bought an FCB 1010 and an UNO chip. If that doesn't work well then perhaps I'll pickup one of these chips and try again. 8)

I also have the UNO prom, but I haven't got around to trying it with the FCB yet. I ordered both the EurekaProm and the UNO prom, after I purchased the FCB.

The UNO prom should work great, it's just a little more work to program it. The advantage is that you can save the Uno prom settings on a computer and share them with others. You can't do that with the Eurekaprom. The settings are only saved on the prom itself.

To those who own or are considering the purchase of a Behringer FCB-1010 to use with their Kemper, I can report that I've had success using the EurekaProm chip. Programming is pretty simple, and straightforward.

http://www.eurekasound.com/

To those who aren't familiar with the EurekaProm, it's a replacement chip for the Behringer FCB-1010 pedal. The EurekaProm chip comes with configurations for many popular modeling rigs. I actually bought the chip to use with my Eleven Rack.

Unfortunately, the folks at Eurekasound have not created a configuration for the Kemper as of yet, but one of the configurations which is included, is a generic template which worked great for the Kemper.

The generic configuration is explained on the Eurekasound website here:
    http://www.eurekasound.com/eurekaprom/configurations/pp

Basically, this configration has 4 main areas which are accessed by the Up and Down pedals

PR = Preset mode - You can access all the patches in the Kemper. Kind of tedious, but the next mode simplifies it.

FP = Favorite presets - Using the Preset mode to find the Kemper patch, you can save 10 favorite presets which are instantly accessible via the 10 footswitches on the FCB-1010

EF = Effects or Stomp mode - You can program the 10 footswitches to turn on or off any of the 8 stomp and effect slots on the Kemper.

SP = Special Mode - Two of the footswitches gives access to the on board relays in the FCB-1010 turning them on or off. Great for channel switching amps and such. The other 8 footswitches send midi note numbers. I'm not sure if that's useful with the Kemper.

There's a video which shows the process of programming the FCB-1010 footswitches here:

http://www.eurekasound.com/eurekaprom/configurations/pp

Last night I setup my FCB-1010 to give me access to 10 of my favorite Kemper patches in FP mode, along with setting one of the Pedals to control Kemper volume and the other to control the Kemper's Wah.

I also setup EF mode to give me direct access to toggle on or off all of the stomp box slots and effect slots on the Kemper, in EF mode.

I can report that it worked great.

Hi. I can help you get a good deal. PM me, with your email address, or enable PM in your profile, and I can send you some info.

By default, PM is disabled, you have to enable it by clicking My Profile at the top of the page, then click settings, then click communication. Once there check the Enable reception of Private Messages box. This allows other members to send you a Private Message.