Posts by BobbyKa

Didn't found anything about so think it doesn't exist yet....

As far as I read in the Midi Documentation u can program an FootController to change nearly everything, also things I'd never thought anyone wants to change with a foot controller.
    BUT
    Is it right that u can't switch Rigs up and down? (With MIDI, I know you can do it with switches)

It's a great feature if you want to test a lot of rigs.

Hi there!
    just got an fcb1010 and upgraded with an standard UNO chip (1.0.3).
    I never worked with midi, but thought some trial and error will bring me what I need..... thought...

initialised the uno firmware and then connected (via my Native Intsruments komplete audio 6) with Ripwerx (2.1).
    Choose stomp box mode and programmed some stompboxslots. than transmitted the data to the fcb.

Connected it with 2 cables to the kemper. changing rigs with switch 1-5 worked. en-/disabling stomps worked as well (but on the fcb the light in the switch is ON when the stomp ass OFF and the other way round..)
    then reconnected with ripwerx to do some other changes.

BUT
    since then in stompboxmode nothing works. some leds (gain, presence) flash up when i push a switch but nothing changes. cant en/disable stomps and cant change rigs anymore. reinitialised the fcb, in normal mode everything ok, stompboxmode same problem even without any programming with ripwerx.

Any thoughts what may be wrong?

Other topic:
    May someone send me his .syx file so that i can import, try, watch and maybe understand ripwerx a bit better?

Thanks

+1

It's as if a rider had 4 wheels on his car for the test lap but only 2 wheels in the race.
    Don't think the setup would be right ;)

Live, in Reheasal and for recording I play Mono. At home I use the Headphone. Headphone out realy needs the mono option!
    To find the Sound at home i got to here mono like in rehearsal/recording/live.

I want to record an album with the Kemper. The Projects (Cubase) are all 48khz.
    I'd like to use S/PDIF, but that means I have tho change the Projects to 44.1, then record, and when all is finished change back to 48khz.
    If I use the analog output instead the kemper changes the signal from digital to analog, and the interface back from analog to digital.

The Question is: What's the better way?
    I'd prefer the S/PDIF, but not shure if there are any problems i have to expect...

Hi there!
    I take the Master Signal from Main out into my Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 Interface.
    When using XLR, I need to lower the Master Volume or Main Volume cause even with Zero Gain on the Interface the signal is clipping.
    Using the TS, I can leave Master Volume on 10 and use the Gain on the Interface for leveling.

Problem is:
    Recorded with same Level (proofed in the DAW Input section) i get background noise with XLR and no noise with TS. With S/PDIF also no noise.

Thats from the Kemper or from the Interface? Got no other gear here to check it.
    In Rehearsal and Live i want to use the XLR main out, but of course only when it makes no noise...

If its the Interface, someone knows whats the problem?

Hi!
    I need to buy a Midi Controler.
    I want not only control the Kemper but also my Strymon Mobius und Strymon Timeline Pedals. So e.g. that with one Push on a switch of the controler I choose a certain Rig in the Kemper and also a certain Delay in the Strymon Timeline....
    Never had a midi Controler, so I'm unsure if this is easily to do with all the Controllers that work with the Kemper or not.
    :?:
    Do I have to look for something special or does every midicontroler that works with the KPA also do what i need?

It's great that the Rig Files are so small, but when downloading many rigs at once means a lot of klicks and a lot of time...

Yes, right. Of course its the best to just download the ones you really need. But how to know before having tried?

For
    example i'd like to download all rigs of an Amp Manufacturer. With the
    search field i find them, but clicking and downloading all takes time.
    In
    fact, i think if it would be easyier to do i'd download all the rigs,
    and from time to time i'd load a bunch of them in the KPA, zapping
    arround, inspiring myself with new/other sounds and finding some cool
    new rigs.

-Maybe its possible to make the option to mark and download all the 20 rigs at one page of the downloadarea at once?
    -Or the option to download all "search results" at once?

also it might be helpful to select that only rigs are shown that the user hasn't downloaded yet?

Think about it, i don't think i'd be the only one that would be glad about.

Till this feature exists:
    Maybe
    someone in here really made it to download ALL or at least MANY of the
    offered rigs and would upload them in one .zip File? :whistling:

+1 for assignable buttons.

have no problem with the leds.do it as you want. it would also be okay when there is a "standard" way of use (e.g. first row for rigs, second for fx...). But with the chance to change the behavior of the buttons.
    I like the concept of the controler of the Marshall JVM410. you have 6 buttons and can assign them as you want. to get an other chanel, or to activate the fx loop... The problem is that it is, a Marshall. and a Kemper is EVERYTHING.

yes. a modular system means to pay for (at least) 2 items if you want a pedal. but it seems that Kemper doesn't want to make a controller including a pedal. And this means you need to get a pedal. so why not a kemper one, that you can attach to the controller?
    I don't see any disadvantages.

would like to get a comment from ck on this topic.

I had an Idea for the Pedal-Problem and posted it along with some other Ideas in the "The Kemper Foot Controller: A Proposal" Thread (Post #107). No one answered to it. Maybe no one likes my idea or no one read my post. Don't know.

This Thread might be a better place for this idea, so heres what i wrote:

-Additional Switches/Pedals
    Some need them, some not and some of us need as many as they can get…
    Of course, you can’t build 50 different versions of the kemper switch, but why not a
    modular system?
    Build the “Main Footswitch” as in the layout, maybe even with 2 or 3 buttons less BUT
    also build extension that you can (mechanicaly) connect to the Main Footswitch,
    I mean in the way can combine several Boss FS-5U (and other) Switches.

So the ones who don’t need many switches and no pedals would be happy as it is and all the
    others buy extensions that can be mounted easily, without any tools at the side.
    So you have ONE Floor Board with Pedal(s) or additional Switches. It must be
    build in a way that the connection between the “Main”Foot controller and the
    extensions is easy to do and the whole board is not “wobbly”on the floor. But
    hey, some people walked on the Moon 40 years ago, this is a forum for a unit
    that is able to profile Tube Amps and all what this is about is simple Mechanic…

About the problems 01000100 mentioned:

the reasoning behind a foot controller without an expression pedal is:

- many players have already found their favourite expression pedal
    - guitarists are very picky about how a pedal should work and feel (see above)
    - some players use their right foot, some their left

1&2: There are people that have already found an Pedal that is (for them) better than any pedal that will ever be build. As well as there are People that have already found the perfect guitar, amp, modeler, pick, effect, foot controler.... So why to produce a foot controller at all? There are people that don't want to buy it. :huh: (as well as people that don't buy it BECAUSE it hase no Pedal). With my idea, all people can be happy. The ones that want to use existing Pedals and the ones who want to have a Kemper Pedal in their Kemper Foot Controller.

3: No Problem with my idea. Attach it at the right or left side as you prefer.

Hi CK, Hi
    Forum!

I like CKs
    layout, here what I think about and some additional idea

-The TAP
    button has to be like in CKs version. When it isn’t in the first row you have
    to tap having the foot in the air. Quite hard to get the right tempo this way.
    And even worse while playing a song and try to perform.

-tuner:
    need to see the note I tune, at least when changing tune. So would be great to
    have the note beside the 3 lights or the whole tuner in the display.

-the buttons:
    Think the idea with the 4leds for the effect buttons is good. Maybe even more users would get more happy
    (at least not less) when the BankButtons and the 5 Buttons in the first row
    would be fully programmable. So you could use it for getting a special rig , or
    as additional effect buttons… a bit like the switch of the Marshall JVM410H,
    there you could assign any button of the amps front panel or any combination of
    channel selection/mastervolume/reverb etc. to any footswitchbutton.

Personaly I will not need 50 sounds per gig. So I wouldn’t need the Bank Up/Down buttons
    for live use and would be happy to assign it with rigs or effects. But as we
    all know, each kemper user would need an other board…. But with free
    programmable buttons it would get a bit more the “Eierlegendewollmilchsau”.

-Additional Switches/Pedals
    Some need them, some not and some of us need as many as they can get…
    Of course, you can’t build 50 different versions of the kemper switch, but why not a
    modular system?
    Build the “Main Footswitch” as in the layout, maybe even with 2 or 3 buttons less BUT
    also build extension that you can (mechanicaly) connect to the Main Footswitch,
    I mean in the way can combine several Boss FS-5U (and other) Switches.

So the ones who don’t need many switches and no pedals would be happy as it is and all the
    others buy extensions that can be mounted easily, without any tools at the side.
    So you have ONE Floor Board with Pedal(s) or additional Switches. It must be
    build in a way that the connection between the “Main”Foot controller and the
    extensions is easy to do and the whole board is not “wobbly”on the floor. But
    hey, some people walked on the Moon 40 years ago, this is a forum for a unit
    that is able to profile Tube Amps and all what this is about is simple Mechanic…

Another GREAT feature that would cause less cables, less signal quality loss and less
    problems would be an Guitar Input as well as Send/Return jacks. I don’t think
    that this will be realized cause it needs addition A/D and D/A technic but I got
    to write this cause this would be so great. The 9v Power Outlet for other
    pedals would make these features perfect.

My dream is to go on stage, to studio, to rehearsal and so on with the Kemper, the Kemper
    Controler and as less cables and other gear as possible….

The things I wrote are all possible, but what is realistic for the Kemper?

been there today....
    no concrete release date for the version with power amp. 2nd or 3rd quarter of the year, but not promised. also no info wheter there will be a poweramp plugin for the ones sold without.
    BTW:
    the (white) one i tried had following firmware information:

1.0.7.7244B