Posts by Brattcave

By the letter of those conditions it would seem that the Profile AND Rig would need to be owned by the uploader - however, the spirit of the community would seem to be that it is the profile which is deemed the most valuable component. In his initial post here the OP makes it very clear he has tweaked the profile to produce the rig. This in itself represents a significant contribution to the community. (Thank you by the way!) When the profile is free this seems to be something everyone appreciates.

When it comes to murkier waters elsewhere and allegations of stealing, well... it's like the song, "Is this love?" You really ought to know ;)

Although, unlike with love - we have Null and .kipr file analyses to guide our way... :)

If you can afford buy a Fender Classic Baja Tele. A tele should have the original Pu setup, no humbuckers. Thoose are good guitars and very good value for money.

I went this route and really like this guitar. Nice thick but very playable neck and very nice twang off that bridge 'Broadcaster' pickup - although I spend most my time on the "Twisted" Tele Single-Coil Neck Pickup. Also has an S1 switching system if you like such things.
    If you're real picky about intonation like me you can swap out the bridge for a Wilkinson compensated saddle, although I didn't really have to do this. All in all a quality instrument that goes very nicely with the KPA. Granted blues rather than straight ahead rock, but this chap makes it sound nice even without a Kemper! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7OJgglI3GU

Hi Guitarors - as far as I know the S/PDIF connection is not part of the KPA effect send/return - you could of course just use the analogue connections here, that's what I do with the G Major when I use it. Another possibility would be to connect the G Major after the KPA using S/PDIF out. I tend to turn off the KPA reverb when doing this. I've got a fair amount plugged in via the analogue send-return loop, sounds good here... Sometimes I might add a light noise gate on the post effects to reduce any additional noise that comes back on the effect return. Hope this helps...

Brett

Ah... in the thread on "SPDIF with slave clocking" The chap who registered the wikpa site (Lightbox) had a difference of opinion with CK and said the following... (I've left the context out-it's a long thread)

...is one of the main reasons why my motivation to deal with you (and to keep maintaining the wikpa.org Wiki) has come to an end.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the site is down. The message says, "Hier entsteht eine neue Internetpräsenz!" Google translate has the meaning as..."Here is a new website!"
    Lightbox and others have done a great job with the wikpa - it would be a real shame to see it go. Hopefully it's just a temporary measure...

2.3.2 really changed the feel of the strap for me. Something they did threw off the Sag.
    Thankfully since 2.4.2 it's back to normal and responds to my touch just like it always used to...
    Now, when it hits the spot it burns like a beast. But it's possible I'm using it in a way other than what was intended... :whistling:

I've extracted my favourite 2 quotes from the article below... I think one informs the other :whistling:

Quote 1:
    "Studies reveal that 432hz tuning vibrates with the universe’s golden mean PHI and unifies the properties of light, time, space, matter, gravity and magnetism with biology, the DNA code and consciousness."

Quote 2:
    "I cannot state with complete certainty that every idea suggested in this article is 100% accurate"
    :D

Hi Jimi, I understand about the momentum aspect of things with regards to not letting the note taking get in the way of the session - perhaps just place a camera and 'set and forget'. Then later on go back and see what the settings were. Either way - these are top quality profiles - excellent job! :thumbup:

After years of chasing a synth tone with guitar with everything you can imagine, my 2c:
    If you want synths, use a real synth. You'll be much happier you did. Something like the FabFilter Twin 2 costs you less than a synth fx pedal and sounds worlds better.

Agree with this but would also add you could check out something like the Fishman Triple play 'midi pickup'. I've had some fun playing some of my synth sounds on guitar recently with this.

But be warned... At one point recently I amused myself playing piano sounds on guitar then playing over that with a guitar lead sound on my keyboard. After a few minutes of this malarkey I sat bolt upright, stared straight ahead and said out loud, "What am I doing???" I retreated out of my studio and spoke of this to no one...

Hey ewrath2 - Nope, not currently using a foot controller - just a weekend studio warrior at the moment. The KPA's delays are fine but they don't currently have the more fancy filter options and pitch effects that the TL has. The H9 has obviously given me many more options to tinker with! I think that when / if the KPA gets some sort of pitch / delay love child it will be a different spin on what's on offer elsewhere - seems to be the way the Kemper designers like to ply their trade. I'm sure it will be very interesting if they ever decide to pursue this area... I hope they do :P

I wouldn't bother considering buying a Kemper. I'd just buy a Kemper :D

Ok more insight... My KPA has played nicely with whatever I've thrown at it. Currently I've got a Strymon timeline and bluesky in the loop along with a recently added H9. All very nice... I haven't got an M13 but my HD500 goes very nicely whenever it get pressed into service. I've also got a Maxon vop9 which I put before the kemper and it takes it very well. I haven't heard of many effects clashing with the KPA. The on board effects are a little underrated in my opinion and you might find yourself amply served with what's already there.

Hope you take the plunge and it works as well for you as it has for countless others here...

Brett

I'm fortunate to have eased my GAS of these features by adding an a Eventide H9 and Strymon Timeline to the KPA loop.
    From these devices something like the 'Ice' algorithm (TL) or the (simpler) Diatonic algo (H9) go very well with the KPA. However, I bet the Kemper team could come up with a unique spin on something like an arpegiator... All very 'icing on the cake' but we all like to scoff a bit of cake at times... I'm not sure whether these ideas stray too far from CK's original plans for the KPA though. If there is to be a delay stomp then that might open up adding it to the existing and rather splendid pitch effects.

Cake for thought.

Yep, that's what I've done. Been doing this a folder at a time e.g And44 free rigs - then tagging them before dropping another folder on the main application window
    I've made several sub folders for some Amp Factory profiles - back when Andy did different versions for Strats, Les Pauls & Teles. So far the system works very well and I have over 5K worth of rigs organised!