Posts by bm229

Yes thats what i meant(No amp or cab simulation). Im wanting to try some of the overdrive stomps and add some delay and reverb.

So i still have a 78 JMP 2203 and cab.
    As it doesn't have an effects loop, can i use the kempers stomps into the 2203's input? would it do any damage? would it work?

A while back i bought the Presonus 22 VSL interface.

I was wanting to do some recording in stereo so i was planning on using the Kemper's master outputs into inputs 1 and 2 on the VSL.

But ive read that these inputs should not be used for active instruments(those that have an internal preamp or a line-level output) and i
    should i have purchased an interface with 'line' inputs if i was wanting to record this way?

So, is this interface only good to me for taking a dry mono recording from the direct out of the kemper?

Would love to see tone matching available on the Kemper.

For people like myself that are novices and could spend hours tweaking trying to reproduce a favourite players sound and get nowhere close, this option would be awesome to save time and just crack on with practicing as well as maybe learning a thing or two in the process about eq settings if you could see an eq curve displayed like the axe does.

Also only having a budget amp at home to work with alongside ozone and cubase would come nowhere close(i presume) than applying a tone match to a quality kemper profile as a base, that is best suited for the tone you're after.

Hopefully we will see some PC software out soon for the Kemper which might then make it a bit easier to integrate this option or being able to use the USB port.

I can understand some of the reasons why the more experienced players on this forum are saying its not necessary but i think a lot of us when we start out enjoy just playing some of our favourite riffs/tracks at home.

This profiling method isn't working for me ?(

Im using ozone 5 through Audicity. I have matched eq's from original recording to my recording but cant seem to get the eq applied tone when profiling. Just sounds the same as my reference amp.

In the other Eq matching thread it talks about activating real time monitoring? Im not sure how to do this. Im hoping this is my problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks