Posts by jpmct

I use the Kemper as my main sound generator and use an Axe Fx Ultra as a backup in case the Kemper acts up (frequent with earlier firmware...not so much now). I just plug the guitar into a Framptone splitter and run an output to each unit. I can run either one separately, or both at the same time. The Framptone is a nice quiet unit and quite reliable. I program my top 5 "flavors" in each unit so that I have backup capability with the same midi control. We use IEM's, so the sound is killer through the PA system and quite nice on my ears as well. This works out a lot easier than running the Kemper and having a backup amp or playing around with the "Monitor Out" switch, which tends to be ridiculously sensitive.. It takes 10 minutes to set up and tear down.

Why? Are you working on maximum level?
    No master volume control on the head for extra volume?

I am using a THD head. When a signal is routed directly into the RETURN input, that signal bypasses the front panel. I do not want to use any of the pre-amp circuitry as it would be redundant with the Kemper.The Master volume, tone, etc on the THD head are thus not effective. I have to control the volume of the signal from the Kemper. As it is, I have to set the outputs up and increase the default output volume of the rigs that I use. A 6 dB reduction in default maximum volume would pretty much put me out of business.

This is why we will even lower the volume by 6 db on all outputs in future updates

I am using a guitar amp head as a power amp. I bring the Kemper signal into the RETURN of the FX loop on the amp and then on into a cabinet. It sounds great, but the volume is only controllable on the Kemper. If the output volume is reduced by 6 DB, I will probably be forced to use something else for live performances. ?(