Posts by mici01

But RM 3.2.28 is PUBLIC BETA, so you shoud be aware of possible problems when using it. Why don't you wait for stable version?

Unfortunately, from my point of view, there is no question of whether it is a beta or stable version - it feels like since there has been a major update with the introduction of direct access to all rig parameters / performance parameters and bidirectional communication via RM <-> Profiler (all changes are on both the RM and the Profiler possible) a lot of problems that didn't exist before. I loved the RM, now I'm afraid to work with the RM on my live performances ... - In practice, many years ago as a Kemper FAN I signed up as a BETA tester to help shape and avoid possible bugs before the to find and communicate the final release. For the fans who only use the final releases - please consider that a lot of people have already made and shared their experience with the betas ;-). Kind regards Micha

Trouble with the RM - me too ..

MAC OS: 11.3.1, RM 3.2.28, Kemper Head: 8.1.0.27288, remote connected to the KemperI am now quite frustrated using the RM to change and arrange Performances and Slots. There is a lot of chance and surprise involved, and changes happen as if by magic.Today I saved the slot (1) of a performance as a rig in the pool (on the Kemper). Then I renamed this rig in the pool (in the RM). The slot (1) was then given the name of the renamed rig in the performance (can also be seen in the Kemper ..). Then I could not find the renamed rig in the pool (RM), but another rig (it seems as if it was the rig that I had last activated in the pool) was now found twice in the pool AND the slot (1st ) The performance had the name and the tags of the double rig in the pool. It all sounds very confused, but sorry, it's not fun. Synchronization problem RM-Kemper ?? So I disconnected the Kemper from the USB and restarted the RM.
    Then I reconnected the Kemper via USB and suddenly the originally exported and renamed rig could be found in the pool (RM). The double rig was gone again. However, the name and the rig tags of the performance slot (1) in the RM were still identical to the originally double rig from the pool - in the Kemper, however, the slot (1) of the performance was again as in its original state. The slot had completely different names / tags in the RM than in the Kemper - despite switching the performance several times with the remote or as a preview in the RM - it did not change anything. RM and Kemper showed different information about the same slot (1) of the performance. Synchronization problem RM-Kemper ?? So I disconnected the USB connection again, so the remote lost the connection to the Kemper and did not want to start again. Network cable disconnected, plugged in again - No connection remote to the Kemper. Then I selected a different performance on the Kemper, whereupon the remote started again. However, the name of the slot (1) of the performance in the Kemper was still not identical to the name of the slot (1) in the RM. With the assumption that the synchronization (RM - Kemper) must take place again, I edited another slot in the performance (in the Kemper) and saved it in the Kemper. After disconnecting the USB connection and restarting RM, the name of the was correct Slot in the RM and Kemper are the same. Synchronization problem RM-Kemper ??
    I have learned to love, appreciate and use the "old rig manager" with much less great functions over many years as a very reliable companion. You could rely on it. Now I don't even dare to make any changes to the performances ... I'm sad and at a loss ...

Tanks, but

- Motu: iMac -> Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) -> Firewireadapter -> Motu

- Kemper Head - USB out to USB(3) MAC in - The Mac doing have USB2 Ports

Today the Kemper Head was not connected, the RM was not running, the MAC crashed ;)

Thank you,

I have already sent various log files to the Kemper team and also to MOTU - Kemper taps the Motu driver, Motu does not have a current driver (build 2-2020), but apparently does not know the problem either. Today Just had another crash - this time without the active rig manager ...) - I called Apple - have reset SMC / NVRAM and also tap the "old" Motu driver as the cause.

I would be interested in whether somebody also works with the MOTU interface on the MAC?

SG Micha

Hello everybody,

I connected my MOTU 828mk3 (Firewire) to the IMAC (previously HighSierra now Big Sure 11.3) via the Firewire to USB-C adapter. Unfortunately, the IMAC crashes completely and reboots every now and then. I couldn't really find / reproduce the correct cause of the crash. However, I have noticed that I always crash when I run the Kemper Rigmanager on the MAC - it can work longer and then - reboot ..? Maybe someone has a similar setup / also a MOTU mk3 on the Mac?

I exchanged ideas with both Kemper Support and Motu Support - so far without success….

Any ideas ? Cables from the interfaces to the IMAC have all been replaced - no success, RM, Kemper Head and Moto are each installed on the latest update.

SG Micha

Hallo!

Ich möchte für Aufnahmen Reamping betreiben und benutze ein Motu M2.

So ganz verstehe ich das noch nicht bzw. ist das M2 überhaupt in der Lage dazu oder fehlt es an Ein- bzw. Ausgängen? :/

Vorab Danke!

am besten mal schauen, ob Du die rohe Gitarrenspur in Deiner DAW auf einen Ausgang am Motu (Input für den Kemper reamp) routen kannst und gleichzeitig beide Eingänge des Motu (Kemper Out) in die Daw bekommst, ohne dass das Input Signal (Motu) gleichzeitig auf dem Motu Out ausgegeben wird.

Hi,

I would like to copy a performance from a backup in the RM to the Kemper (Backup -> Copy - Kemper -> Paste). Unfortunately, the currently marked performance / loaded in the preview is replaced by the performance to be inserted without a query - there is no query before the replacement - is that wanted? Unfortunately, it can quickly happen that an existing performance is "disposed of unnoticed".

Greetings Micha

An der Ethernet-Buchse im PROFILER liegt es nur, wenn sich nachvollziehen lässt, dass dort mechanisch der Kontakt zum Stecker verloren geht.

Ansonsten könnte es auch das Kabel sein, welches einfach zu wenig Strom durchlässt. Wenn die Remote unterversorgt ist, gibt es Probleme. Und wenn der PROFILER das merkt, hängt er die Remote bis zu einem Neustart ab. Wird das Originalkabel verwendet? Mal entweder mit dem Originalkabel oder einem ganz kurzen 0815-Ethernetkabel versuchen. Wenn es dann zuverlässig funktioniert, liegt's am Kabel.

Danke für die Ergänzung, bin noch am probieren - habe an Ethernet Kabel nix verändert - aktuell keine Probleme - - Ich habe aber den RM jetzt aktuell nicht parallel mit der Remote zwecks Editieren offen, das werde ich jetzt auch checken ...

Ich kenne das Problem nicht (mehr), aber das Thema hatten wir hier schon länger nicht mehr. Ein PPoE wirkt Wunder kannst ja mal hier im Forum danach suchen. Seitdem ich den PPoE nachgerüste hab sind die Remotethemen (sporadische Abstürze oder fährt nicht hoch) erledigt.

Ich behaupte (d.h. ich weiß es nicht) die Ethernetbuchse ist eine der wenigen Schwachstellen des KPA.

Danke für den Tipp, ich werde das mal beobachten, ev. war das ein Zufall von Zusammenhängen, der vom eigentlichen Problem abgelenkt hat ;)

Hallo zusammen,

kennt jemand das Problem, dass die Remote immer mal wieder den Dienst quittiert, wenn der Kemper via RM (via USB am MAC) und Remote programmiert und bedient wird. Ich mache diverse Änderungen an Performances im RM speichere immer mal wieder, spiel und schalte mit der Remote Performances und Slots um und programmiere auch Smogs für die Bedienung der Remote, ändere Namen im RM usw. Also Bedienung des Kempers mit RM und Remote im Wechselspiel.

Leider ist dann ab und zu die Remote ausser Betrieb, Display dunkel, teilweise Neustart, teilweise auch erst dann Neustart, wenn das Netzwerkkabel mal getrennt worden ist - nervt irgendwie.

Wenn der Toaster nur mit Remote bedient wird - USB zum Mac getrennt - No RM - dann gibt es keine Probleme ...

Könnt Ihr helfen, oder ist mein Workflow falsch ?

SG Micha

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of learning abaout the RM 3.0.145 for editing performances and I'm using the Rig Manager Beta Manual 3.0 (Kemper Download). Page 22 "The Signal Flow" an error has crept in - copying effects from one slot to another in a performance works with the Alt key (not with the command key as described) on the MAC.

Regards Micha

Hello I have installed the Puiblic Beta 8.0.1.21815B on the toaster and found that the transpose no longer works in a slot of a performance (see dropbox link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ojx…1-07%2014-48-00.krig?dl=0). No matter what pitch I set, it doesn't change anything in the sound. When I change the transpose in the Rig menu (1/6) the sound changes as desired. I only noticed the problem after I made the last change to Beta 8. I had previously installed the first Beta (New Kemper Drives) and the transpose in the slot still worked as expected. In another performance I also have a transpose in the slot (1), it still works ... - Any ideas?

Regards Micha