Posts by flitzefinger

Well, I use the strap to safely hold my sennheiser wireless receiver...It´s there for over a year and the leather does not seem to wear out at all. I have stored two power adapters (one for sennheiser and the other one for my FC300 floorboard) in the back of my kemper and all cables in the Namba Kemper Bag. Going to a gig is grabbing my guitar, my floorboard and the KPA Bag. Done! :)

Actually the longer I have owned the Kemper the more I think it Really is one of the rare digital devices that will never really be outdated.
    Like a TC Electronic 2290.
    I predict the profiler to be an alltime classic.
    In a way it is right now.

This!

azertyvince:
    Had the eventide H3000 or the TC G-Force ever a dedicated Controller? Don´t think so...Where they used by all the great guitar players? For sure! If you don´t like it, don´t buy it - that´s perfectly up to you. But please try it out first. ^^

2.4.2 here, no issues. Skipped 2.4.1 entirely.
    I'm using the s/pdif and i have to say the difference between 2.4.2 and 2.4.0 was minimal if any. Maybe it's only on main outs? Maybe i'm just not playing my 'usual' profiles enough nowadays.

Anyway, about 37 seconds to boot! Shaving 15 seconds is impressive from a technical standpoint, and more importantly, it's that much shorter that turning the Profiler on is now a casual action.
    :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    I might be imagining things, but it seems that switching rigs in browse mode is faster as well. Weird.

2.4.2 NO issues so far.
    Old boottime: 71 secs
    New boottime: 47 secs! :thumbup:

There will always be a wish list for all things music.
    Only amp G.A.S. has ended.

That is so true! 8) I mainly look for thing that make my kemper shine even more:
    better PA/Monitor speakers, better mixing desk, best way to remotely control my kemper, different guitar types for all the different amps - Les paul, tele, Strat, you name it...

You need to save User Scales, not the Stomp. When in Edit User Scale window hit store, choose preset name, store. Then in the new rig: fill slot with Harmonic pitch. Choose User Scale 1 and 2 for voice intervals. Hit Edit Userscale 1. Turn Browse knob to choose preset. Done.

Aha, now thats interessting! I thought that´s an option, not a must. :whistling:

Thanks you Hell-G.

Hi Everyone,

i´ve created a harmonic pitch module preset and saved it (all in Browser Mode). After that, I wanted to load it into a rig in Performance Mode. Everything was set the same as saved, with the exception of the user scales: All steps are set to 0.

The question is: is that a Bug or (again) a simple user error?
    I can surely rework the scale settings in Performance mode, but wouldn´t it be good to just load a preset of a modul? :D

Greetings

It could be...

a) you betrayed yourself: when working on the profiles, you monitors were not loud enough. Human ears are not FRFR. Maybe you dialed in too much Bass and Treble (Loudness) which is cool at low volumes. The sound-engineer maybe put a low cut in, so all thats left is Treble, which is eaten up by the cymbals of your drummer...

b) lousy/incorrectly set up PA/monitors

c) a lousy engineer

Did you have your own PA/Monitors? Which FRFRs do you use? Did you listen to the sound from the Main PA? Also weak? Do you have your own FOH Engineer? Do you remember how the monitor sounded when you used your Mesas? Or did you monitor yourself only via the Mesas, so that the silent/clean new monitoring system is just unfamiliar?

Cheers

Cheers

Just get a rocktron banshee and be done with it. It'll sound much better than what the kemper can do at this point. Been using one for over 10 years now.

A Banshee will go over really well with the crowd, too. People like to see that tube when you play those songs.

May I ask how you integrate the talkbox into your Setup? I have a wireless system and the receiver sits nicely on top of my Kemper. I would need two long instruments cable if I slave the banshee in, right? One from the the receiver (mostly sitting on a drumriser) to the banshee and on back to the kemper... :wacko:

If I would like to have the talkbox sound AND the amp sound at the same time, to get closer to the recording of IT´S MY LIFE and having a dedicated channel on the PA mixer, , could I use the direct out of the Kemper into the Banshee, (save a return cable to go back to the Kemper), tube in my mouth and go?

I guess the banshee sends a bypassed dry signal out when not engaged? Is there an option you see to mute the banshee out, when not in use? Am I thinking to weird? Will the audience every appreciate??? ;(

Hi paults,

that´s funny. I downloaded your rigs 20 min. ago. I will try them tomorrow (it´s 2 a.m. in Germany). Wait, no, i will try them now! :D

He guys,

thanks for your input.

I was thinking about how a talkbox works, and please correct me,if I´m wrong: Guitar in, a little driver for dist/overdrive, a modifier (mouth), out via Mic/P.A. - and NO amp signal. Having a TC G-Force in my old Rack, i had the idea to use it as my talkbox. I had it setup like this:

Guitar - Kemper (Marshall 1987x Rig) - FRFR (Yamaha HM80)
    Kemper Direct Out - TC in ( driver block - Formant Filter) TC out - FRFR (Yamaha HM80)

This resulted in two independent sounds fed with one guitar. I think this is key when you are the only guitar player in a band. Somehow similar to David5150s idea (btw. I´ll have to try that!!! :thumbup: ).

Only Problem now is the sound quality of the TC when abused like this. The sound is pretty dull, when the drive is set medium and produces ugly spikes when the drive is set to more distortion...

Maybe it´s getting better, when feeding the TC sound into a mixing desk and trying to EQ in some more treble/presence. I couldn´t test that, because the TCs EQ is in the same FX block as the formant filter and you can use only effect of a certain block...

mhguitarist: I´m pretty sure the sound kempers vowelwah produces is sufficiant for the most of the audiance...but i really wish it would be closer. Maybe a simple drive and color algorhythm in the vowel wah would bring us closer. Maybe we could take advantage of the parallel path feature and feed that singal to the vowel filter an chose the output soucre... :thumbup:

Hi all,

I'll have to Play some BonJovi tunes, incl. Its my life und Living on a prayer and i'm desperately trying to get an authentic talkbox Sound with the vowelwah and not getting close enough. It misses all the bright crunch and throatiness the original has.

I'm useing TAFs Marshall 1987x as my basicsound and put the vowelwah in the Mod slot.

If you have any ideas, i'd be really gradeful!
    Cheers and up the kempers

Try an update to 2.3.3 (fixed: compatibility of Parallel Path with very old rigs). Good luck!

To flitzefinger: this is clearly a parallel path issue. Unflag parallel path on page 4/4 of the rig menu.

Yeah, you are right! The parallel path box was ticked and the value on -5.0. SOLVED. Thank you very much. Another DAU! :thumbup:
    And i have to correct myself: one day before sending my kemper to repair, I loaded 2.3.3 on my machine to see, if by any chance the LED problem magically disapears...
    And when it came back with that "issue", I DIDN´T load the newest firmware... :D Next Time...

Anyway, thanks a lot, again!

Hi folks,

i had my nonpowered kemperheads LEDs repaired via Thomann and it returned today. As to be expected: All LEDs are working again some of the rotaryknobs were tightend! Very good.

But now the kemper behaves like this: As soon as I select one of the AF5 Roadster, Rodking, Ironheart it seem like the Amp Section is turning itself off. The Amplifier knob is still glowing. When i turn the MasterVolume up to 10, I can hear a tiny bit of the distorted original sound, like crosstalk.
    As soon, as i select any other rig, the normal sound returns. I haven´t checked all 664 profiles.

I´m absolutely sure, this wasn´t the way my kemper worked before repair.

I restored the backup I made before sending the kemper in.
    I´m on 2.3.2 9418B

Any ideas? Corrupted Files? But how? They did work...i swear ;(

My booting steps:

1.) Switch on KPA
    2.) Tune my Guitar with 10€ Korg Tuner
    3.) Play guitar and dream about what the kemper team could do next for us. Maybe selling a cover for the hole in the back for non-powerd KPA user, so that we have a save place for USB Sticks, Power - Adaptors, Plecs, Tuners,... :thumbup:

Hi Søren,
    I use my FC300 with my Kemper everyday since 1 1/2 years and have no problems what so ever.
    What does not work properly? Maybe I can help. :rolleyes: