Posts by SliderJeff

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Absolutely loved Harry's playing on this one. Too bad most of the rest of the cd only has brief flashes of this... and the follow up records were no wear near shredderific. :( I even caught them live as the opening act for Vinnie Moore in a small club in Cleveland and he was just playing an LP through some pedals. I was surprised by just how little and skinny Harry was in person. LOL

Steely Dan... lots of Steely Dan

Wow! Great to see you here, James! I loved your work with Testament and own both of your solo CDs, which are marvelous! Eons ago we exchanged some emails about the gear you used and you were very gracious to share your thoughts and time with me. I truly appreciated it!

All, if you haven't heard James' cover of "Race with Devil On Spanish Highway" from Al DiMeola, you are doing your ears a grave disservice!

PS - NO time is a BAD time for Steely Dan! Go back, Jack, do it again!

Ok, that was pretty damn cool, but am I the only one who is getting visions of "Ghost In The Shell" Anime when they hear this stuff? :)

This is from a different Kimmo than your Soundcloud link, but it's certainly in the ballpark for "Inferno".

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

As you can see in the comments section when I asked what profile he used, it was "Engl Fireball E625 C by Dennis C" and you can find it in Rig Exchange. He says he may have changed the cab, though.

HTH!

In the words of a certain wise philosopher... "HOLY CRAP BALLS!" That is some serious talent to be able to play all those instruments so well. Definitely going to be checking out his other stuff! Thanks for sharing this, HT!

I've been on a bit of a hard rock/AOR kick this week vs. my usual "face-melting metal" fare, so with that in mind... here are a few of the tracks that I've been digging.

And Perry's band that grew out of the Steve Stevens effort, above... Radiation Romeos

Now where'd I put that teal can of Aquanet? :P

I'm super interested in the Modded Marshall packs. Are the profiles in these Studio, Merged, or both?

I checked the website and there isn't any info about what kind of profiles are in the different profile packs, just how many profiles and info about the amps.

Any info would be appreciated :)

Sean,

If I understand Pete's naming convention, there are Studio, Merged, and Direct Amp profiles... or at least that's the offering for the Cameron-modded pack I was speaking of.

HTH!