Posts by SliderJeff

Jeff, I think 'Infestation' (2010) is their third best album after 'Invasion of your Privacy' and 'Out of the Cellar'.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Absolutely agree! I didn't have high hopes after such a long hiatus, but they proved me wrong!

This morning's drive and office music brought to you my favorite rodent-themed band, Ratt. :)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yeah, I didn't really dig anything past Reign In Blood and Seasons in the Abyss. And I agree... the solos just make me appreciate how crappy of a guitar player I am. 8o If Kerry and Jeff ever put out an instructional video, I'm pretty sure it would be just 50 different ways to tremolo pick and randomly grab whatever notes happen to be under your fingers at the time. Paul Gilbert precision dudes they were not. ;)

Incredible, Maestro! I absolutely love watching your playing vids! Definitely hear the Gambale influence in these licks!

Yngwie and George Lynch were the main guys... then it was a steady parade of all the 80's shredders, speed metal, and thrash guys. Once I discovered the Shrapnel label... my allowance money was pretty much shot from buying cassettes. :P

Pretty cool! I caught him as the opening act on the Aldo/Great White/Scorpions tour in Cincinnati back in the early 90's.

Any of the "PT Cameron JoseHG 0X" where "X" is 1-9 are really good. It's the Model: Cameron Jose mod amp (Manufacturer: Marshall JMP). I'm not at home to spin through each one to give you a specific one that floats my boat... but all the "HG" (high gain) ones blew up my skirt in different ways, for the most part. :)

Hey gang,

I just wanted to send a shout out for the Cameron Jose Mod profiles from Pete's Profiles. If high gain, modded Marshall aggression is your forte, look no further than these profiles. Seriously. I can totally see using a bunch of these in both old school and new school metal/hard rock contexts, mixed together or with another complimentary amp. SOOOOO GOOOOD!

Jeffro

One note of warning, the built-in compressor of the Kemper is based on a vintage stomp style compressor and does not have the traditional parameters one would expect based on a typical rack or studio compressor. Pulling from the manual (Page 158):

 Intensity

Controls the amount of compression applied to your instrument. At zero position, there is no compression. In the first half of the Intensity range the effect will be fairly subtle, as the compressor will only cut the loud attacks of your instrument. Then, as you increase “Intensity” past halfway, you will start to hear the soft notes getting boosted as well.

 Attack

Adjusts the reaction time of the compressor. The higher the “Attack” value, the longer it takes for the compressor to kick in. This will let the first peak of the signal pass unaffected when you hit a string, thus increasing the percussiveness of your pick.

 Squash

This gives you control over the dynamic behavior of the compression. At the center position the compressor will work as you expect. When you turn “Squash” towards zero, the compressor will emphasize the first phase of the strings’ decay, resulting in less squash. When you turn it more to the right, the first phase of the strings´ decay gets squashed, and the volume sags. You will notice that the compressor recovers from squashing when you let the strings decay further - even boosting the sound a little, compared to when you hit the strings. Now, the compressor becomes noticeable!

“Squash” does not change the compression ratio, as this is always infinite on vintage stomp compressors.

Jeffro

Very cool! When I first heard Mattias, it was on a tune called "Yngwie 2000", and given that I am a huge Ying-Yang fan, I thought he sucked because he sounded nothing like him to my ears. Fast forward to years later when many of my fellow musicians were raving about him and "Freak Kitchen", I decided to give him another chance and my perspective did a total 180. I love what he does, now... it was all about getting outside of the filter of thinking he was trying to emulate what Ying-Yang does... once I did that, ahhhhhh... delicious! :)