Posts by cmbrowns

Maybe the easiest way is to use locks.

Select the Performance with the effects that you want. Lock each effect that you want to keep. Then select your other performance and now the effects should remain in place. Save the performance to now include those effects. Unlock the effects if you're done.

What I meant was that one of the two Morphed Parameters could be on another module, not shown on the Kemper LCD.

I verified this by taking a rig with no morphs. Then I added a morph to a delay module. Now I see the "morphed parameters 1" on the Kemper LCD.

Then I added a second morph on Rig Module, setting Panorama to have a morph. As expected, the Kemper now shows "morphed parameters 2", but since the Rig module isn't one of the soft buttons on the display, you can't tell that the second morph is on the RIG settings. So the morph count is correct, just not obvious on the Kemper LCD.

If you click look at RIG or CABINET, etch in Rig Manager, that may be the easiest way to find that second morphed parameter. If it's not a parameter of a Stomp or Effect it might be harder to find on the Kemper menus.

So according to that, only one of your Morphed parameters is in the delay module. Do you find your second one if you look through the other 12 modules?

If not, maybe the "morphed parameter(s). 2" on the Kemper screen is a bug to report. But I notice that the Kemper screen doesn't include Rig, Input, Amplifier, Cabinet or Output. I think they all have parameters that could be morphed. So if your second morph was in one of those modules you wouldn't see the "M" like you're seeing for Delay.

Maybe try some simple tests to isolate it?

Like just a guitar connected to the standard Kemper input. Nothing else connected - no pedals, no USB cables connected, nothing in Aux input, etc. Maybe headphones for output if possible. If not, use the most basic monitor you can.

If you still get a tick, then at least you've ruled out everything else. If you don't put one thing back at a time a check it again until you find the tick comes back.

If you want new presets in Rig Manager, you can copy any modules you want beneath the All Presets/Local Library section. In that section you can also create subfolders to keep things organized. Like a My Reverbs folder to copy any reverbs you like from any Rig you like. Open any Rig you like and drag the Reverb from the editor to your folder. You can name them whatever you want there. You can create presets from any module - A,B,C,D, Amp, Cab, X, Mod, Delay, Reverb, etc.

So to get the Thomas Dill ones you probably mean, you could open one of the Rigs in the Rig Packs Kemper That Tone Show folder and save presets for whatever modules you like.

If you want them in the profiler so you could use the presets without RM, you can drag the modules you want under the All Presets/My Profiler section. But you can't add folders in that section.

Once saved you can then use these presets in any Rig by dragging them from your folders.

If you want to do this all without RM, then just click the button for the slot you want on your Kemper, then hit the Store button. It will prompt for whether to save just the module (creating a new preset), or the complete rig.

And what are your taskbar settings? Is it always visible or set to auto-hide?

I notice here that if I turn on the auto-hide, that when running Rig Manager full screen the bottom row of Rig Manager is in fact hidden when the taskbar is made visible. But if not running RM in full screen or when the taskbar is hidden, the bottom row is still visible so I'd kind of doubt this is the problem.

But both of leopold 44's screen shots are showing RM maximized...

If your Windows scaling is set other than 100% the problem is probably scaling as DigitalBliss described in the RM on Laptop thread linked above.

Some software can have problems with relative repositioning of controls, like the buttons being off screen in this case when the scaling is changed. As a workaround until Kemper can find their solution to the problem, maybe setting your Windows scaling to 100% (at least while using Rig Manager) can work for you. If not, you might try just changing to a different scaling value to see if it helps (like 125% instead of 150% and so on).

In Windows this is under Settings then System, then Display.

Maybe just finding another rig as a starting point that's closer to what you're trying to get to would help. With almost 30K in Rig Exchange, all of the included Kemper content, and pretty much endless commercial choices, there's a whole lot to go through.

For me, there are some tweaks I almost always apply. Also like you, I frequently change definition, but for me that's most often to brighten up a rig for a humbucker or to darken it a bit for a single coil. I like adding some Power Sag to increase the dynamic range and to slightly clean up the gain (some may disagree but that's what it does for me). I usually bring it up to between 3 and 5. Probably the most frequent change for me is changing the cab. I find a rig that to me sounds great. I generally find that if I save the cab as a preset. I can then use that cab preset on other rigs, even ones that are nothing like what I'd use. To me the improvement is instant and obvious. I've got a few IR's that I like, but more often than not I find that I prefer Kemper cabs from other profiles. In my opinion, just about any profile can quickly become usable with a switch to a cab I like.

I rarely use much EQ. I just find that although the overall sound changes, it really isn't better or worse - just different.

After a few tweaks, if I can't get pretty close to something I like, I just move on to another rig.

they are definitely on your mac, try to locate them via

Finder "go to" Tab , use the Alt Key then you see the Library entry pop up

/user/"your user name" / Library/Application Support/ Kemper Amps/ Rig Manager

there you find all there ever was on your mac regarding Rig Manager

Just another thought...

Maybe somehow you've created a new user profile on your Mac (where it says "your user name" above). Look in that "/User" folder from above and see what user names exist. If you've somehow created a new one, your old files may under a different user name. In any case, check under "/ Library/Application Support/ Kemper Amps/ Rig Manager" for any other User names that might apply.

Macbook Air M1 2020

Not familiar with Mac folders. Maybe a Mac person can reply with the location of the Rig Manager database so you can see what you find.

You might also want to open a support ticket before you try making any changes in case the original file still exists.

Can you post a screen capture of your Rig Manager?

Do you see the Local Library Section beneath All Rigs? Is there a number next to it (that's the number of rigs it finds)

If so, is Local Library expanded (the arrow to the left of Local Library)?

If you're setting on the Kemper, look at page 30 of the Main Manual at the Output Button section.

If you're using Rig Manager, I think you'd set something like this - enable the Stereo button for Monitor out and it should select "Master Stereo" for you. You'd probably want Cabinet Off enabled to bypass the cabinet in your Main Out. Set Volume, EQ and output Linked to Master Volume is however you want. Again, I haven't used it in stereo but I think this is correct.

Good luck!

I've never used stereo, but the Kemper User manual describes it. There's a diagram on page 91 of the current Main manual.

Basically should be enabling the Stereo option in monitor settings, and using the Direct out as the second channel. You'll need to set the Monitor Out and Direct Out to Master Left and Master Right accordingly.