Posts by resonator48

In other words, does the Amp Factory Profiles actually sound like the samples when you download to you KPA? The two that I really like best are the Champ 64 and Lindy Frallin VVT. I'm talking about the clean tone on the VVT. Do you find you're not making many changes after loading the Amp Factory profiles, or are you needing to do a lot of tweaking to get the sound in the clips? Has anyone bought the two profiles I mentioned?

The features seem very nice.
    Concentric tweeter, front bass reflex, nice frequency response.
    And the price is very very low.
    Obviously I don't trust that much what customer service says about how much they would cost if sold thru a different distributor, but 60 days money back is a good warranty.
    If I were in the USA i'd take a look for sure.

Understanding consumer markups from my pre retirement years, I'd say the $700 statement is reasonably close if you consider distribution in the mix.

The Equator D5's were suggested by someone on the gear page. He told me you have to hear them to believe. I talked to Customer Service at Equator yesterday. The D5's are $299 Per Pair and come with a 60 day unconditional money back guarantee. He said he can count the returns on on hand. They only sell direct. He said if they were sold at Guitar Center, They'd be $700 a pair. Here's a link to their website.

http://www.equatoraudio.com/D5…ith_DSP_300_Pair_p/d5.htm

When I ask for suggestions on "Studio Monitors" a while back, I remember several people saying the KPA sounds great through mid level monitors and you don't need expensive monitors because the KPA sounds great through less expensive speakers etc.

I'm looking for Studio Monitors to use with my KPA when it arrives. Someone mentioned the Equator D5 powered monitors on another forum. The reviews on the D5's are excellent, especially for a 5" driver. I'm still wrestling with the idea of the KPA or any modeling device sounding good through small studio monitors. But I need monitors with a small footprint for my place in Florida. Anyone have experience with the KPA through the Equator D5's? How about other small studio monitors?

Thanks for the advice. By the way, what is the latest firmware? It's coming straight from Kemper so it may have the latest firmware installed. As far as giving it time, I have 45 days with Musicians Friend's return policy. But, I'm curious as to what is going to actually change from my initial audition with the KPA. I understand that the Eleven Rack is not going to be upgraded from what it is now. It's going to be pretty much "What you see (or hear) is what you get.". But if I take the first day or two and find amps/settings with the tones that I'm after, what's going to change after a week, month or so. I know it will be upgraded on a regular basis and there will be new amp/rigs coming along, but to be honest, I've found enough great amps/rigs in the Amp Factory to last me forever. I knew going into buying the KPA that I'd search for the sounds I'm looking for and pretty much be done after that. Maybe a half dozen amp models is all I'm ever going to need or want. I'm a soon to be 65 year old guitar/amp lover that want's to downsize from a music room full of amps/FX to a system that sounds close to the amps I love and will fit on a desktop. Something I can take back and forth from Ohio to Florida (Snowbird) every year. My setup will be Modeler, DR-880 Drum Machine, Boss eBand and laptop for backing tracks, Small Mixer, Studio Monitors. Having Pro Tools and an interface to work with amps, cabs, fx, manage presets like the Eleven Rack is good. I'm sure the KPA will have something similar sometime in the future. So there you have the whole story.

I'm pretty sure that you'll have to register it to get the upgrade version on the website. I wouldn't worry about that. Just do it.

I'd be afraid Musicians Friend would not take it back if I register it. How big of a deal is the latest firmware. It may come with the latest firmware because Musicians Friend doesn't keep the KPA in stock, they have it dropped shipped straight from Kemper.

I just sold my 11 Rack on eBay, did you buy it? How cool would that be! :P

I bought mine from a forum member on The Gear Page. The seller is a med student at Brown University. He bought the Eleven Rack with the expansion pack new at the end of August. He never even plugged it in or loaded Pro Tools. He didn't have anything to run it through and had ordered a custom power amp and cab that had to be built. While he was waiting the power amp and cab, he decided to go for a Axe FXii. The Eleven Rack is virtually brand new and the Pro Tools 9 that came with it is eligible for a free upgrade to Pro Tools 10. If I keep it, I can register everything as new in my name. If I sell it, It will be the same for the buyer because I will not load the Pro Tools or register anything unless I decide to keep it. I'm sure I can get my $500 back.

If you are looking for great tones take a look on the Caveman Profiles (if you lower the gain you get a no-brainer clean) and the Rivera's.
    If you are looking for harder tones I'm in love with Radioactivator's and Makko V2.
    I'm shocked every day by my KPA, must be honest. I cannot believe how it can sound good and how many new sounds i can discover every day.
    Amp GAS has gone, guitar GAS has come :D

I've already been through the guitar GAS, The amp GAS and just about every kind of GAS you can think of. That's one of the reason I'm hoping I love one of these units so I can clean out these amps and pedals around here. As far as the guitars, I've found that perfect Strat, perfect Tele and Perfect USA Hamer Studio. :thumbup:

I'm betting that the KPA stays. Let us know after you have it in hand and upgraded to the latest version. I'll toss a couple of my favorite clean rigs at you, and I'm sure others will too. :thumbup:

What is the latest version and what are the changes in the KPA? Do I need to register the KPA to get the upgrade? Is upgrading an easy function? I wouldn't want to register the KPA until I'm sure I'm keeping it.

So it takes three months of reading reviews, watching videos and listening to sound tracks trying to decide on a modeler. Then in a matter of two days I buy an Eleven Rack and a Kemper Profiling Amp. The Eleven Rack is used, but really never used. I won't have any problem getting my money back if I decide to sell it. I bought the Kemper from Musicians Friend with a $300 discount coupon they had given me. That and 12 months same as cash makes it a no brain'r. They both should be here later in the week. I plan to try both and give each a fair shot. If I determine the Eleven Rack is close enough to satisfy me compared to the KPA, I'll send the KPA back. If the KPA is far superior to the Eleven Rack, I'll sell the Eleven Rack.

I love great cleans like the Amp Factory's Champ 64 and the Lindy Frallin VVT. But, what stock clean presets do you recommend to try when the KPA arrives? Also, any advice on settings etc to get the best results right off the bat? For instance I was told to turn off the noise gate on the presets of the Eleven Rack. This is going to be fun. I'm going to run both through a friends Mackie HR824 studio monitors.

Thanks

Since it is a similar story with a so many of us, perhaps there should be something like a Top 20 Demo Rigs that should be named to be the first profiles when turning on the KPA for the first time. Since there are some all time favourites that nearly everybody seems to like in the same musical direction this could be a nice thing. Like 2 or 3 for every "major kind of taste" like clean, crunch, solo, metal and so on...

Great idea! I think this should have it's own thread. Since this is your idea, do you want to start it? 8)

I'm the OP. I should have asked in my opening post, but what type of music/sound are you guys looking for mostly with the KPA (Clean, Mild OD, Medium Gain, High Gain)? I'm not a hing gain guy. I love good cleans that I can use the volume on my guitar to get a nice crunch or use my Zendrive for mild OD. I'm mostly a Strat player with a nice USA Hamer Studio for the HB sound. Also play my Tele from time to time.

Just wondering, with all the hype and wonderful reviews you read before buying your KPA, Who was disappointed with it when it first arrived? I doubt I'd get any response from those who returned it and moved on because they probably wouldn't be reading the forum. But for those of you who were disappointed at first and are now happy with the KPA, what did you have to do or change to turn your opinion around?

I'm surprised Kemper doesn't have a strict pricing policy for all dealers, if some dealers sell it for 2-300 bucks cheaper then others, it will most likely piss off some buyers who paid more for it without realizing they could have saved a lot of $$ when they find out about the cheaper deals available , and it also makes dealers look bad when their customers find out they were screwed and paid a lot more then they needed to pay for a new Kpa, and they could loose those customers.

I don't see it that way. Free market Enterprise without price fixing is the way it should be. Heck, I don't get pissed off if I find out I payed more than others, I figure it's my fault for not doing my homework. I've been on both sides of it. It is what it is.

Reading reviews of the JRR Shop, most of the reviews are positive. Almost all the negative reviews state they say the item ordered is in stock, when actually it is not. Long wait times for some items. Also poor communication when there's a problem. A couple people had problems returning items. But, overall, looks pretty good. They've sold a bunch and most of it is positive. I'd sure like to hear from someone who has bought and returned an item for full refund.

I called JRRShop and asked about their return policy and the Kemper. 30 days, return for any reason, no hidden charges (re-stock, shipping etc). I did have a hard time understanding the person I talked to. His English was rough and I had to keep asking him to repeat himself. I hope he was understanding what I was asking.