Posts by GearJocke

What did I miss??

I thought this thing was being sold in November by Sweetwater... now it shows pre-order status.... and (obviously), no reviews...

Not really that interested, but I do a lot with Sweetwater, and knew they planned on a November sell date.

You're not really interested but still you're interested enough to know when?^^ Well one reason it's been delayed is so obvious if you didn't sleep thru the whole 2020.

Glad to hear so, The thing that bothers me the most is that you can't know if a pack is good for you until you buy it...

Unless as you said you can get your hands on free examples, but even then not always, right?

I've bought som rig packs from vendors that have given away a few free profiles and liked one of them so much I opened my wallet. And been dissapointed when I discovered that that free profile I liked was the only one I liked and the rest mediocre and unusable for me. So a few free profiles are no garantee.

All modellers rely heavily on internet demos and other people's opinion, because a music shop test will never be long enough to assess the QC complexity.

Kemper and a backup HX Stomp have everything covered for me, but tone-chasing always makes you wonder if the next unit is the secret to a perfect sound. And that is the dilemma of most guitarists tempted by new gear!

Agree but a 10-15 min test in a guitar shop will be enough to try for me. :)

I'm looking forward to test a qc eventually in a music shop. But will I buy one? I don't think so. The kemper gives me all I need. I'd rather buy another guitar instead.

Maybe it's just in my head as I am one that would never stack two overdrive pedals with a tube/ss amp, (If I had to do that I wouldn't own that amp). The profiles with baked in overdrive sound good on their own, like a amp with an overdrive, but when I add drive to them they seem too pushed to me. Previously with my tube amps I never understood why someone that cares so much about having a tube sound would want to start the whole signal chain with solid state clipping. If my amps didn't have enough drive to do anything I wanted squeals, harmonics etc. I would have never bought it. My vote is to have a pedal-less profile and then add a pre drive from the Kemper. It seems to add that sensitivity to your picking instead of just creating the "with pedal" sound.

Depends on what genre. Metal guitarists want a tight as possible sound.

I found a Peavey 5150 profile I would like to tweak but it is only available with a TS9 embedded in. I feel like I will be limited with what I can do with profiles like this. It's good for high-gain stuff but not so great when trying to clean up with the volume knob. Sort of a one trick pony, I guess.

How do you guys feel about OD/Distortion embedded profiles? Would you rather just the bare rig and add your own pedals?

If a profile doesn't work, move on. There are other profiles with different gain staging.

Amazing or not. In 6 months or so we will see them to start popping up in the second hand market. Just like anything else. So anyone who's patient and want to save some money....

Accusations should be backed up with real proof. You, others or I don't know if this is true or not. I don't care if others claim the accusation is true or not. As long as there's no real proof, it's only a bad rumour and we don't need it here on this serious forum.

Big cuts like that won't be a problem solver.

Same....I just like playing and tweaking so hard to resist. Lame when the profiles don't work out for whatever reason.

The thing is they work great for their guitars and pickups and playing style. Only a few of packs I have purchased have worked great for all 4 guitars I have. But like you I'm like the most, new sound is always tempting and if they're great they will inspire to a new riff/song.