Posts by Janne

Really good! The amp is incredibly sensitive and so easy to control the sound with just the touch and the volume control.
    Very fun to play!

Skickas från min iPad via Tapatalk

Another DXR10 owner here, and I've not noticed any latency either...

Make sure You don't have any of the DSP functions active, they probably will introduce some...

The thing that would be nice AND useful is that the server would keep track of what profiles You like/use.
    And if other like the same profiles that You do, there is a possibility that You might like other profiles that they like, that You haven't tried yet?
    Then RM could kindly suggest that You might try these as they might suit You taste.

This would cut down on aimlessly trying profiles from the exchange...

We are now close to 4000 profiles on the exchange and it will increase, and that will not make it easier to find the ones that speaks to You.

+10

Tried them last night and I really liked them.
    The Blue chan. worked fine with just upping the mid and the treble (for my taste/guitar) and the Red were damn fine just as it was!

I really liked the clean one using humbuckers, but it was waaayyy to thin and spanky with single-coils.
    If You have another profiling session planned ;) I'd love to have another clean profile suitable for single-coils. :whistling:

I think the blue and red will become the base of many rings in my KPA... :thumbup:

I've been through a couple of interfaces over time and before I got the Saffire Pro 40, I learned my lessons and did take a look at the company behind, and most important how do they support their stuff, driver qualities and in my case: are they a committed Mac developer.
    I've been bitten by all these over time...

And after researching this, Focusrite came out as the no.1, and I have never regretted that.

Those having problems with USB connection with the Scarlet interfaces, are they Mac users?
    Let's face it, supporting all different PC implementations of USB hardware and software implementations is impossible to do to 100%

And while we're at it, can we wish for a bag that allows us to carry the KPA + Foot controller + at least one pedal + necessary cables?

With this slung over my shoulder, a DXR10 in one hand and my guitar in the other, I'm good to go! :D

Don't be to sure...

As far as I know, MP actually asked to come back after his involvement with AX7 ended, but then too much bad blood had been shed and MM was already in the studio recording tracks for the album.
    JP mentioned that at that point they could not see MP return, but he didn't rule some kind of cooperation, but way into the future...

The background:

I've had this band (more a 'project' nowadays) for around 25 years, played and laugh a lot, and we are still good friends...
    I've been more active in other constellations over the last years, but it always good to get together with these guys and play.

Now, the keyboard player and I, we have had home studios for a couple of years and our bass player have always been interested but never made a move until now.

About 6 weeks ago he texted me for a recommendation for an audio interface, he had at last bought a MacBookPro.
    I recommended a few, then he phoned me up and told me he were thinking of getting a lot of inputs and outputs so we could ditch our old 16 ch Soundcraft mixer and 'mix in the box'.
    Well, I got him out of the idea, but told him that the Presonus StudioLive mixers were possible to get used for quite fair prices and that would solve the problem.
    One week later we (in the band) get an email from our bass player, telling that our new Presonus StudioLive 24.4.2 AI will arrive as soon as it is released!!! (Yes, he got an inheritance recently...)

So today we got together to do a first rehearsal/gear-checkout, so I stopped by a music store where I have a Yamaha DXR10 on order for my KPA, hoping it should have arrived in time for this.
    Sadly, it hadn't...

So I arrive at our bass player house, were he have set aside a room as our rehearsal room, and when I enter, what do I see?

Apart from the amazing new mixer... 4 DXR10 speakers!
    And the bass player just smiled, and said: "You said that these were suposed to be good, so I got us a couple..."

I have to tell You all that the KPA sounded wonderful!
    Trough all 4 DXR's. :D
    Thanks everyone, esp. Ingolf, for Your detailed reviews of the DXR10, it is that good...
    Our keyboard player loved it too...
    And we as band have never sounded better... now it time to brush up on the old songs again... most inspiring.

Damnit, were is my own DRX10...

Now Happy New Year every one!
    Janne

When is the embedded audio going to play in all browsers? I have a brand new 12 Core Mac Pro that will still not play audio (from The Amp Factory site only). It was the same way on my last Mac. Doesn't work wit Safari, Chrome, Firefox or Opera. Certainly can't blame it on the machine because it's now a new one. I would love to be able to hear AND buy profiles.

Thanks.

Hmm... I just wondering what is wrong here?
    I've have no problem what so ever playing these previews on my Mac running the latest OS and Safari.
    I did a quick test on a version on Firefox and it failed there, looks like it's a javascript problem...

I quick test showed that if You have disabled Javascript in the Prefs of Safari, the player will not work.
    Do You have any other plugin that might block content?

With Javascript enabled:
    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11076215/ampfactory.png]

Without:
    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11076215/ampfactory-nojavascript.png]

Does it look like this to You?

On my FCB1010 with Uno4Kemper:
    top row: B C X Mod Delay
    Pedals: Wha Volume

On my Kemper:
    A: Compressor on clean & crunchier stuff (if needed), noise gate on gainer stuff (if needed)
    B: A place for pre-amp boosters/distortions.
    C: A place for pre-amp modulations: phasers, tremolos and so on.
    D: The Wha slot (maybe a whammy sometime), activates on touch

X: Anything post-amp processing: Pitch, EQ
    Mod: Post-amp modulations: Choruses, micropitch
    Dly: Delays
    Rev: Reverb, usually always on with just a touch of room/ambience

This gives basically that only the A slot and the Rev is not controlled from the 1010, and for me the A is either on or of in a patch, never needed to switch on the fly.
    The same goes for the reverb since I don't use it as an FX per se, YMMV.

I did the same thing...

Was a bit trigger happy, entered my email and waited... and waited... and then contacted Andy (who then answered, friday evening at 22! Amazing support Andy!)

While waiting for the response, I got to realize that the name and email were OPTIONAL!
    And that means that the voucher MUST be on the last page!

So I did the survey again and bingo, on the last page the voucher code were there! (although slightly buried among other text...)

:D Carr V6, come to daddy...

+1 I'm still playing the same one's that I've loved since discovering them: Morgan AC20, TAF Cornford Carrera, and Soundside '57 Deluxe. Only recent edition has been TAF Super from the new Fender ToolKit. Every time I'm tempted by talk on the forum about another great profile they never live up to my favorites. Good tone never gets old!

Do You have the full TAF Cornford set or are You just enjoying the free one from the latest TAF pack?
    If You have the full set, please don't tell me that the rest is as awesome?

I just love the free one and I'm soooo close to buy that pack from Andy, but I already have so many great options...

I've had a couple of interfaces before I got the Pro40 and they all had their drawbacks, but I must say I've been very satisfied with both the Pro40 AND Focusrite commitment.
    All my previous interfaces were let down due to lack of commitment of the manufacturer, not really for technical reasons.

So if it would break down today, I would probably scan the market and see what's out there, but the Pro40 AND Focusrite would be the at the top of my list. :thumbup: