How Does One Configure an FCB1010 (w/UnO for Kemper)?

• Hi all,

I'm a complete noobie when it comes to MIDI. I just bought an FCB1010 to use with my new KPA. I also bought and installed the UnO for Kemper chip. At this point, I've verified that the KPA sees the FCB1010 and that MIDI In and Out both work (the tuner is visible on the FCB1010 when the volume pedal is set to minimum).

Now - how the heck do program the FCB1010 (and KPA) so that Bank 1 Pedal 1 selects and loads a particular rig that's stored in the KPA?!? ?(

I tried using Ripwerx, but it doesn't seem to see the FCB1010 (can't verify the FCB1010 Firmware Version) and there are no usable menus that I can see (don't know why).

Can you guys help a brutha' out? It's really frustrating to be so close, yet so far, from using a really cool KPA rig!

Remember, I'm new to MIDI and the KPA so I'll need a fairly detailed list of steps to follow.

TIA! :thumbup:

• Ha, I did RTFM! :) The manual tells me how to send the CC# for the various stomps and effects, I'm trying to configure FCB switches 1-5 (given a selected bank) to load a particular rig on the KPA.

But I think I've got it! On the KPA, set the chicken-head knob to Performance, then select the bank and preset number (1-5), then use the Browse knob to select the rig you want in that bank/preset#, then press the Store button.

Right?

Now I just need to figure out how to get the wah pedal to work and I'm all set! :D

• Is it possible to use the WAH pedal in FCB1010 (+Uno4Kemper) to control something else than the wah; for instance, delay level or pitch shift (assuming these are active stomps in the rig)? Similar to the stuff in Bill Ruppert's Formant demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PWlQAJZGto

The Uno4Kemper manual states that CC#01 is coupled to the wah pedal by design, but it also hints that something could be done on the Kemper side to map things differently ... Any experiences?

Just put a Wha in an FX slot, enable the slot, and make sure the Wha's Pedal Mode is set to Bypass @ Stop - this will auto engage the wha when you touch it...

Thank you!