Posts by danel59

Ok so back to our regularly scheduled program, just downloaded pack 3 and once again Michael you have some really great profiles
    Still just trying them out but what I hear I like and even though I said I was done after the DPack (and 1 and 2) I'm happy I took the plunge!

Dan

If you are checking out the Yorkville site also check the NX10C. 10" woofer and 1" in a coax design. About 300 watts (600 watts peak) and 25lbs. Cool mounting options as well

Dan

Wow just got it and briefly ran through them. I have a Fuchs ODS30 and the Fuchs profiles are great, I hate to say it but since buying Pack 1, 2 and now the D-Pack
    my Fuchs is sitting gathering dust! Great job Michael. I know I'll be thinking that with your other packs and this that I have everything I need but have a feeling will be looking
    forward to your Pack 3 as well!

Dan

Re question on connections for voice solo, I have tried both the headphone and the monitor out and either one works quite well as the aux on the Voice Solo mixes to mono anyway

Dan

The Kemper sounded quite good at volume through it. Does it compare with the others like the Yamaha's and EV's and the CLR for pure volume , no but I do like the tone and like it better than the K10 from QSC. There was something in the upper mids in that cab that was pretty grating. There again my opinions and YMMV

Dan

I have the TC Helicon Voice Solo FX150 and I really like it. I have used it on a few gigs and was able to monitor both my own vocals, the Kemper and another monitor mix from the rest of the band. It was loud enough for the gigs at hand and sounded very good. I know when our band was rehearsing the other guys couldn't get over how loud and clear it was. t can't comment however how it would carry as an only portable PA system. In a small coffee house scenario it probably would work out but get anything larger and you would probably want something bigger like the DXR Yamaha series or EV etc

I am interested as well but like above posts have no idea what it is worth. Have you talked to your machinist
    about pricing? Factor that and your effort into it and see what works. I guess the other thing to consider is shipping etc. Where are you located?

Dan

Hi Mats

Just loaded the Dumble Clean into the stack slot of your TriChorus profile, very 80's indeed. Has become another of my favourites. I have also tried other clean profiles such as Mikes /13 and 3rd Power Black Face in the Stack section and very useable as well.
    As for Mikes 2nd pack and 1st one for that matter this has been a game changer for me. As other posts have mentioned I am now picking a profile and actually playing rather than tweaking. Well worth the price of admission in my opinion. In fact all I have loaded in my Kemper are both of Mike's packs, as many of yours that I have found and a few others. Lots of room for the Dumble Pack and Pack 3 etc :D

Dan

Hi Mike

Suggestions for future packs
    A Dumble pack for sure then for another pack the following
    Boogie Mark 1 or Boogie King Snake
    Dr Z Route 66
    Dr Z Z Wreck
    Dr Z Maz 38
    Engl Steve Morse
    Blackface Super Reverb
    Suhr Badger 35
    Marshall Silver Jubilee
    Soldano SLO100
    there will be more that I will think of as soon as I send this probably but a few ideas anyway

Dan

This looks great, similar idea to what I had wondered about. When Gallien Krueger had their lunchbox guitar amps ML250 etc back in the 80's/90's they offered a bracket similar to what you have fashioned that would mount on a tripod based mic stand. With the thumbwheels it also allowed the amp to be angled as well. I like your idea. What did you use to mount the flatbar on the music stand?

Dan

Just got them as well and have only had a few minutes as I am supposed to be working but what I tried I can only say that I will be cleaning house of older rigs as between Michaels Packs 1 and 2 there ins't much more I could ask for (other than maybe the Dumble pack :) ). Great tones and feel right off the bat with very little or no tweaking needed at all.

Thank you Michael

Dan

Lots of great tones again! Will wait patiently(lol) until they are available!

I suppose its too soon to ask if you will be doing a full Dumble pack as well at some point?

Dan

i was lazy and used 2 of the Boss FS-6 switches that I had laying around. Works pretty good and do the same using A/B on the first and X and mod for the 2nd set