Posts by drumdrum

Hi, a quick one for my fellow Kemper-ites!
    In the OS2.3 release blurb the following is at the bottom:
    Factory rigs and presets included in this firmware can be imported via ‘Factory Rig’ import function in the System Menu or selectively by downloading ‘Factory Content 2.3.0’ complete or incremental from our web-page.

Does this mean that by installing OS2.3 as standard via a normal install/update process that I will automatically also be installing these rig packs,
    or does it mean that after installing the OS2.3, I then need to re-insert my USB stick with the OS update on it, and manually select "Import" from the options and proceed with that?

I'm just getting a bit confused by this. Thanks :)

Just an update:

My original email reply worked. I got an "sorry for the mishap" type email and a new power lead was sent out to me the next working day. I got it yesterday, and after a quick restore from my old KPA, the Powerhead is back singing as ever before! :)

These things happen and I hold no ill-will towards Kemper...not that I ever did or actually could! :)

They even threw in a few plectrums and badges into the bag which was nice. I had 2 of them swiped on me already by bandmates yesterday!
    Thanks Kemper

A+++ customer service, I must say! :thumbup:

Italian lesson # 2:

When you replace/move/change anything from a device under warranty, always keep the original parts ans mount them back before sending the unit.
    Don't do anything on the unit which can show you've opened/modified it.

... all in good spirit of course :D

Heh, I learned that lesson the hard way!! :)

You Italiens sure are a crafty bunch! ;)

Thanks for the suggestion Martin. I'll do that on Monday if my email gets no reply (rushing out to a gig at the moment!) Thanks

I know, and I could go out and buy a kettle lead as I had a look for a spare one and I don't have one handy.

On principal though, I want Kemper to send me out a new one. I shouldn't have to go out and pay for one, and Im going to pursue Kemper for a legit power cord in the meantime. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning that opens up their new remote control car, and realises that "Santa" forgot to include batteries! :)
    Besides, I've been screwed in the past by a different manufacturer over a preamp in my studio.

Story for yee:
    Basically, one of the knobs on the front of a preamp I owned broke after a year as it was always flimsy from the start. I'm very careful with my things so it wasn't too-much-force that broke it.
    Anyways, I replaced it with an off-the-shelf knob that I found on amazon and it worked ok.
    About a year and a half later the preamp started acting weird, giving odd fluctuations in volume, and introducing weird noise and click etc into the sound.
    I contacted the retailer I bought it from and I sent it over to them. 2 weeks later I got back an email saying that since the unit had been modified with the new knob on the front, they were unable to honour their 3 year warranty on items. My guess is that when they receive defective items, they then send them on to the manufacturer and the manufacturer decided not to fix it. I only think this as the retailer is very well known and I bought and used their warranty once before with a defective ebow (arrived cracked in the box) without any issues.

Suffice to say I was pissed, but lesson learned....
    (and in case you are curious, they sent the preamp back to me, and I ended up selling it to a friend of mine (for next to nothing) who is an electronic engineer who likes to mess with these sort of things.)

Follow things "to the 'T'" with warranties and don't give any manufacturer any excuse to not honour their warranty, no matter how inconsequential you think the action you take is.

I'm not saying that Kemper are like that at all. In fact, I'd say that they are quite the opposite - public forums with active staff members addressing issues, listening to customer requests - they obviously care about their products and their user base. :thumbup:
    But "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me" with this....ie, I'd rather be super cautious (especially with the LED issues that can happen with KPAs) and safe, than sorry in the long run.

Anyways, the reason I started this thread was that I was hoping someone official from Kemper could see the action I took in the original post, and could verify for me if I took the correct course of action.
    (No disrespect meant to any one else on this thread, I'd just like something a bit more "official" from the company. I do appreciate all the suggestions and comments :) . Thanks! :thumbup: )

Im not looking for compensation or anything (tough a free Kemper Gig Bag would be nice! heh! :P ;) ), I'm just wanting to ensure that this issue is seen as Im not 100% if my original email to them would be seen. Some of these companies have necessary strict email/spam filters, so just checking.
    I absolutely adore my KPA, and it broke my heart sending my old one off to get fixed (dead LEDs). You've no idea how much I look forward to using my KPA with my guitar cab. :thumbup:
    Thanks

heh, you Italiens are allllrrriiigghhhtt!!! :thumbup:

Seriously though, my main reason is for warranty purposes. I had to send my original Kemper back because of a few dead LEDs so I guess I did end up using the warranty.

My Kemper is like my baby, so Im taking no chances with her! :)

Hello,

Today I returned home all excited after a loonnnggg day in work. I had gotten a call that my Kemper Powerhead had arrived and it was Christmas-come-early for me! :)

However...

I unpacked the contents and to my utmost dismay, Kemper had sent along with it THE WRONG PLUG!!! Seriously, it wont even fit the unit! 8| 8|
    Also, the plug seems to be a 5A plug, but the Kemper power inlet has written "max 10A" on it. Anyways, it doesnt even fit so its not an issue I can get with. But it concerns me that had it had the right connection socket, and if the KPA decided it needed to draw down more than 5A from the mains, the fuse in the plug would have blown!
    Anyways, I'll try to upload pics at the bottom so that you can see for yourself.

Anyways, to get to the point, I sent a reply email to [email protected] as that is the address I had in my gmail, as I felt that I needed to send on pictures of the incorrect lead that I received.
    I went on to the Kemper site to try to find a specific support email address (or a sorry-for-the-wrong-plug-let-us-know-for-a-real-one@kempermusic.com :D ) but alas, I could only submit my email via an online forum, and it did not seem to have any way to send pictures via that method.
    On the receipt, someone (presumably at Kemper, unless someone at the post office has a weird fetish! :D ) had written "UK plug" on it.
    While yes, I do require a 3-prong plug - nice one Kemper, got that right - I also require a plug to actually FIT into my now-new-fancy-doorstop-Powerhead!

Is this the right step to take (contacting the [email protected] email)?

Humour aside, I know that I could just plug in a "standard kettle-lead", but for me this has 3 issues:
    1 - I am no electrician, and I do not want to take a risk (however small) and use a non-Kemper-supplied power lead with this in case it somehow damages the Powerhead.
    2 - I do not want to use any unofficial parts into the Powerhead as I do not want to give any excuse to void the warranty over anything so small as using a different powerlead. The Manual and the disclaimer sheet that sat on top of the Powerhead were quite specific to not use unofficial components with the Kemper. Im guessing they probably mean the internals, but Im taking no chances!
    3 - Well, frankly, I've spent a wee fortune on the Powerhead, that I shouldnt have to go out and buy a e10 kettle lead in the first place. It should be useable out of the box.

I had planned to get on here to rant and vent anger at this thing, but I'm a fairly easy going person, and I'm just sooo bloomin disappointed that Im beyond anger at Kemper. You've no idea how much I was looking forwards to playing with it this weekend! ;( ;( ;(
    Now Im guessing I've got to wait all weekend until someone at the other end of the email replies.

Thanks Kemper.... ;( ;( ;(

Pics:
    [Blocked Image: http://s16.postimg.org/4bxzkppph/IMAG0140.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://s16.postimg.org/ulj23ibmt/IMAG0137.jpg]

Hello,

Tonight I was playing with my beloved KPA and an LED died - its the 12 o' clock LED on the "volume" knob.
    I've had my Kemper for about 15 months now, and up until now, its worked like a charm. I bought it in July 2012, and I contacted the retailer a few hours ago about this.
    My KPA is still under their warranty so hopefully they'll sort me out.

Is it likely that mine was made with the notorious "bad batch" of LEDs that Kemper seemed to get?

Additionally, I ordered a Powerhead this week from Kemper directly, using the rebate voucher.
    How likely is it that the newer made units will experience a similar issue a month or year or 2 down the line?

The thought had crossed my mind about maybe selling my existing unit at some point in the future, but now with a dead LED, I don't see how I can, not without taking a big cash loss (I mean, who'd want a less-than-perfect KPA?)! Im a bit miffed at Kemper at the moment to be honest. I freakin love my KPA but having it in any way damaged is heart-breaking! ;(

He
    I'm gigging a lot recently, and I'm thinking of selling my KPA standard for a powerhead or possibly a power rack.

My question is.... Do the powered versions of the KPA generate a lot of heat?

I just worry that keeping a power rack in a 2U rack unit could cause overheating issues, or if I got the power head that when I'm recording direct that the power section would still be active, sucking up electricity and hence generating a lot of unnecessary heat.

Are these concerns justified?

Thanks
    DD

Hi,

This is a feature request for a small, but very annoying issue that my KPA has at the moment. When I power it down, just at the last second it gives a rather obnoxious and kinda loud poping type noise.
    Would it be possible to mute all outputs during the power down sequence so that this doesnt happen?

I got the fright of my life the other night.... I had my KPA setup into my interface and had finished recording the guitars for a song. So then I decided to do a backup of my rigs just to be safe (I do this every 2 months or so) and it left it to do its thing as I went about other DAW-related duties. I forgot about the KPA until later, when I was powering off my session and I wanted one last listen before I shutdown my computer. So I turned off my KPA and quickly sat back to a relaxed silence.....then...

bu-bu-bu-boPOPPPPP!!!!!

I swear I wasnt expecting that, as the mix was recorded with lower levels yet the KPA track in my interface mixer was up full and I nearly jumped through the roof! ^^

Anyways, just a small request. Thanks :thumbup:

Im in Ireland... would consider shipping.

But to be honest, I doubt you would find someone who wants to upgrade willing to let theirs go for under e1200 (e=euros). The upgrade price at this is still e600 even with the rebate which is a hefty chunk of change, so selling for any lower would not really make sense.

For example, I'd sell mine to you, but I'd want 1200 plus shipping, which is something I would bet you're not interested in. :)

PM me of you are though

Why not arrange for Kemper to install the poweramp at their factory?

I too am a bit miffed that I have to buy a whole new Kemper after being told at the start that the poweramp would be installable later.
    Its bad form on Kempers part, no 2 ways about it.

I mean, its not like its easy to sell these things nowadays. Most guitarists dont have the level of cash (e1200 or so) to make it worth your while selling the poweramp-less version in order to upgrade.
    Most of them offer you "trades", usually for their junk such as old fenders that no one wants, Axe FX 2s.... ( :P )

Seriously though, its hard to sell things nowadays privately unless you are willing to take a massive hit on it, which is something that most of us looking to upgrade cant afford to do.
    I hope that KPA matrix installable amp thingy becomes available soon....

Oh and e2150 is stteeeeeeeeeeepppp (ie, very expensive) for the poweramp, even with the fairly low e350 rebate offer. I think the rebate should be higher, seeing as how those of us looking to upgrade will be having a tough time doing so.

Thanks

Hi ,

I always figured that to get the Powerrack/head version of the KPA, that you would have to buy it direct from Kemper.... cool, yeah, thats grand and all that...

But if thats so, how come I cant see any Power version of the KPA in the Kemper online store?
    I tried changing my country to UK, USA...even Germany (to see if perhaps it was a "home team advantage" kind of thing ;) )

The only retailer I could find on the net that is stocking Power versions in Europe is Thomann, and I dont think they will honour the rebate promise of Kemper for e300.

Any chance we could get an official word as to how the rebate program will work?

Thanks
    -DD

Hmm...Guit/Mod does seem to output the stack, but I cant get it to output any effects on the stack side.

Ie, I get the stack (Amp, EQ, Cab) section in the right output, and the direct guitar signal in the left output. But I want the stack and effects in one output and the direct guitar signal in the other.

I dont mind if the effects go from "Stereo" to "Mono".... but I need some effects to go with my solos as I record.

So far I've left it to "Master Stereo" and I just take a line from the direct output on the back of my KPA into my interface....
    But does this add another stage of AD conversion for the guitar direct, or is the guitar direct a proper through direct (ie, it completely bypasses any and all processing in the Kemper, conversion included)?

I really like the Amp Factorys metal producer pack,especially some of the cabinets.i much prefered it to the Keith Merrow stuff.and also Lasse"s profiles are excellent.

Yeah I hear its good, but IMHO the Amp Factory charge WAY too much for their profiles. £40 is a lot for me, especially for 7 profiles. If it comes on a special offer sometime at all I may be tempted, but I cant afford to spend £40 (about 50 euros) on a profiles pack, especially considering that I cannot demo the profiles first.

I have no doubt that they are well profiled and sound great... just that without demoing Ive no way to know if they will be right for my style / sound.

Yup fluff's sounds great too, also son Björn Mesa profiles and another singles at rig exchange, if I have time I can put a Dropbox link o give you the profile names, Mesa, 5150, pitbull, vht etc.

That would be most kind of you. Thanks! :)

In the meantime I'll check out the fluff stuff. Not really a "djent" sort of player, more an Alter Bridge type of style (I try anyways!) but sure a good tone is a good tone! :thumbup: