Posts by vablows

A bit early to start guessing for NAMM.
    I can tell you 2 things for sure, though:

1) Kemper will have a booth
    2) I will be there

I can live with it, but in my opinion, I paid $500 for an uber-foot controller that so far is anything but.
    I love not having to program MIDI with another controller, but the visual lag is a problem for me personally live.
    I get nervous when I switch and don't see it go for a second, not knowing if it will change or not mid song.

I am seriously thinking about just going back to a MIDI controller that can send MIDI cc's and can do everything I need for the same price or cheaper than the remote unfortunately.

I really love the remote but the shortcomings are not justified with the price I paid anymore.

Yesterday's gig was a success.
    I was very close to it most of the time, and didn't get the chance to venture out too far, but even at that just the ease of use is worth it over a cable.
    I put it back on the dock in between sets just to have the signal muted and try it out, worked like a charm.
    I am definitely selling my G30 now.

I also use a guitar synth with my Kemper.
    I just got the remote and love it....BUT, I still have to keep the Fishman FC-1 on my pedalboard to control my Triple Play and Yamaha Motif XS rack.

The Motif only does PC with MSB &LSB commands, so presently I cannot get the Kemper to handle all the PC's for me in Performance mode.
    I also need to use the sustain function sometimes, and the ability to use the tap button on the remote to do this (since I don't use it for anything now anyway) would be amazing for me.

I have been using the Kemper with a synth of some sort live for over 3 years now and patiently waiting for the day when I can use the & remote only for everything.

When the remote came out, the "octopus controller" claim led me to believe we would have full MIDI functionality and control over multiple devices and I only need it for 1 external device.

Please implement this as soon as possible, for me it is the number 1 needed feature and I have waited while a lot of other features that to me were not important have gotten priority.

But for the live player, which is the reason a lot of use the Kemper, this is a huge necessity.

Sorry for the rant, and no disrespect intended.

Burkhard, you were extremely classy and took a lot of time to show me morphing and all the new delays at NAMM this year and I don't want this to sound as though i am not happy with the Kemper product or the team.

This would just be the proverbial icing on the cake for me and end my search to solve the all in one problem.

I picked one up yesterday to try out at my outdoor gig tomorrow.
    I have used my G30 with no problems at the same venue multiple times so it will be a good test for me to see if it is a keeper or not.
    Of course I will still have my G30, and cables for backup.

I have had a few rehearsals and played extensively at home with 4.03, but had something happen yesterday at my gig that was very odd.

I use the return input on the back and have my synthesizer going in there.
    I run performance mode, and either have the effects loop engaged or not on each rig depending on if I am using the synth or not.

At soundcheck I could not get a signal all of a sudden from the synth, so I was checking the 2 connections, changing out cables, and nothing.

So I had to get through the first set without it and rearrange the setlist as a few tunes need the synth and can't really be played without it.

At the first break, I power down the Kemper and synth, check the cables again, and still nothing.

On a whim, I plug into the Alt Input, and all of a sudden there is the synth.

Using the Alt Input, now was engaging the effects loop for some reason.

I will try to see if it does it again tomorrow at rehearsal, and will open a support ticket if so.

Just odd that the inputs changed like that for seemingly no reason?