Posts by mikeymoves

Dumb question: I know it goes on sale tomorrow (WED) but the main page says "buy now" and then the link says "Out of stock." Was there already a pre-order period through Kemper.com that sold out, or is it simply going active tomorrow to buy through Kemper? I am on the list through Sweetwater, but if buying from Kemper direct is faster, I would do that.

I emailed Kemper support. Hopefully they can send a replacement. It's definitely the cable.I wonder if the actual wiring is any different than a regular cat5/6 cable? Would be nice to have back up options.

The nose appears there and in tact, but it doesn't look as "robust" as normal cat5/6 style connectors. As a test, i plugged a regular cat5 cable into the Kemper and it snapped in fine. I tried to put the KFC cable into an ethernet port on a router and same thing happened. Slid out with minimal effort.

So I have a show tonight and my pedal came yesterday. I won't have time after work to "test" it and it's going to be grab and go. I didn't realize that you needed a TRS cable. I have 2 x 1/4" TRS to XLR patch cables and I have an XLR 3 running between the 2. No reason that shouldn't work, yes?

NOW, as far as configuring the Wah, I will search the board and hope to figure that out on the fly, but is it different than using the FCB1010 expression pedal?

I guess that info would have help:

I use 2-4 rigs per show.

I have a mission pedal now for Volume, and a crybaby in front.

The only stomp I really use is a boost and some delay, but I could also add an always on loop in the stomp and put my GEQ pedal there and stomp that on/off for a "global" boost.

So my KFC is coming friday and I will be at work. I have a show FRI night. What's the likelihood I can literally grab the KFC and Kemper and plug and play with my existing Browser mode midi assignments I currently use with my FCB?

How would you recommended hooking this up? I was thinking a Loop assignment in my B stomp slot for the MXR and a loop assignment in the X slot for my Timeline? That right? Any other tips? I am moving away from my FCB for tonight and going with 2 patches only so my midi mouse might be all I need for rig changed but I want to be able to kick on a boost and delay

Can Delay Mix and Reverb Mix be controlled by expression pedals, eliminating the need for dedicated on/off switch assignments?

So in effect, they are always "ON" with the mix being set by the pedal?

I am still trying to find a live dynamic that works for me. I have the FCB/Un04 but I always struggle with the ergonomics of it. I also HATE the pedals. I am thinking of using the FCB like this:

Patches changes on the bottom in Browse Mode (still don't really get Performance)
    Top 5 patches being A/B/X/Mod/Delay
    Both pedals assigned to Volume (too many times I either hit the wrong one or BOTH accidentally) and use a Mission pedal for Wah (in the D effect slot). I would really like to find a 10 switch (5 top, 5 bottom) low profile Midi board to set up just like my FCB and have 2 mission pedals (one for volume and one for Wah). I haven't checked, but there's still no way to control delay MIX with a pedal, is there?