Posts by mikeymoves

This may seem silly, but prior to restoring to Maurizio's awesome file, pressing the soft keys immediately turned on/off whatever I was selecting. Now, it flashes and I have to use the on/off key to do so. I can't seem to locate this anywhere in the preference to change it back. Any ideas?

I think FRFR is really dependent on the FRFR. I had a QSCK10 and ELX112p with my Non powered Toaster and I found in a live setting, I needed to find a single cab setting and lock it. In a vacuum, the different cab settings are nice, but when establishing a live mix, the various tones from different cabinets made in song rig switching a hassle. BTW, I hated the K10. With certain cabs, I really liked the ELX112p. Tills 1960A in particular had a very IN THE ROOM amp feel to it.

I've since sold the toaster, finding myself yearning for another, so I bought another one and am on the list for a CLR. I am curious to hear how it sounds into the return of my 5:50 and 60w DeVille.

You can do that, but you don't have to. Load any rig you want, press and hold the "cab" button; use the browse knob to browse through all the cabinet options you have (from all the profiles in your KPA). When you press and hold the "cab" button, make sure that you choose the option "from profiles" and not "local presets".

Ah that makes it a little easier! Thanks!

I am finding for live playing through a PA, sticking to one cab is making a world of difference.

Correct me if I am wrong , but just because you have a full rig, doesn't automatically mean you have the Cabinet readily accessible, correct? If I load say a Soldano rig with a Soldano 2x12 cab as part of the rig, I have to "Save" that cabinet first before I can assign it to other rigs, yes?

My issue is that my main PA speakers for the band are ELX112ps and I often run through them in a FOH situation so I am thinking my monitor should match that, no?

Is the Yamaha really that good? I LOVE the CLR, but don't think I can afford it. Plus, it would be spending $1000 on a monitor essentially.

I have an ELX112p with my Kemper and some of the profiles, at lowered practice tones, leave a little fidelity to be desired. They come across as a little "muffled" in the HD500 sense. I know that's not the case and I am sure when cranked (NEVER get that opportunity until shows) will sound better. Any tips and tricks to "find" tone at lower levels?

You know, I've used the ELX112p as my back line once in an outdoor show that wasn't mic'd and it actually sounded pretty rad. Maybe I do just pick up another. Too bad they didn't make a 10" version.

I am struggling with this. I currently own a band PA system where our mains are 2 x ELX112p's and for our shows, and I run my monitor out with cabs off into the return on my orange TH30. I understand that I am not going to hear "what goes out to the crowd." I just feel like, if I spend the loot on the CLR (is it REALLY worth "Double" the ELX112p?), am I dropping $1000 on a SUPER MONITOR? Are people using these as back line amps as well?

I understand this all too well. I am struggling with keeping the Kemper as my main gigging amp. I find that between the Kemper and the FCB1010 (even with the Uno4) I am finding myself too distracted by "What's going on" with everything and lose focus.

I wonder if a better floor board solution will ease things for me, but I still go back to the fact that I am constantly tweaking. I play direct into our mixer to our mains, which are ELX112p's. My monitor is my return input on an Orange TH30. That sounds ok, and I am aware that it's not representative of what's going through the Mains, which has the cabs turned on. I feel like for gigs, I need to just load in 4 profiles on the Kemper so I am LOCKED IN.