Posts by brusky

Hi brusky

Please enable reception of private messages on your profile. You have sent me a PM, but I can't send you my reply because "user does not want to receive messages".

Done, thanks. Was not aware of requirement.

Yes I tend to over analyze but I am not wealthy so this is a big expense. Whether to get KPA or invest in a quality tube amp. 99% of comments are positive but do the other 1% make a point. The channel latency would be concern to use this live. But from comments looks this happens because of user settings and not problem with firmware, etc.

Hi, I am evaluating whether to order KPA and a couple concerns from researching:

1) Review from Musicians friend - (didnt confirm the reviewer actually ordered KPA):"I wanted to love the KPA. I bought in to the hype and picked one up. For the most part I will say that the KPA sounded like a very good analog emulation but it suffered in the low midrange - especially on clean tones when pushed hard. The 650hz +\- range just got too fuzzy. It never sounded "bad" but, to me, an essential frequency range just kind of disappeared"

Is this a weakness of the KPA? Or just that guy opinion?

2) There was something in the wikPA about 1 second lag when changing channels from midi pedalboard. Is this a common issue? Can it be avoided?

Trying to decide whether to budget for dedicated wah pedal - or use expression pedal to control the wah in the Kemper. Any suggestion from users - is the Kemper wah good, great or ok? Its important to me to have a quality wah sound like the Mission Wah, or Dunlop, etc. But if you can already get this quality from KPA i prefer to save $ and board real estate. thoughts?

brusky

Are you really considering buying a Kemper?

Yes. The closest sounding to real amp is a priority. I suppose to summarize this thread if you could combine the amps of KPA plus effects and possibilities of Axe-FX that would be the ultimate rack. But the arrongant owner and fanboi at the other forum is tipping the scales for me toward Kemper.

Thanks guys - I am leaning KPA so far. Based on the clips samples compare, the sounds seem more realistic. I connect direct to PA and goal is lightest compact rig to transport. So is "frequencies above 11kHZ" an issue if you direct out, no stage amp, speakers?

Thanks guys and as you can tell I am new to research both of these. Some of the other fanboi comments from that thread:

1) KPA is convenient for studio to profile a tone. but Axe-FX is a actual modeler to create your own sound. I don't get it. I though both were amp modeler?

2) KPA effects are ok but not as many effects or chain flexibility

I want to like the KPA better, especially with the rack coming out. Are these just fanboi comments trying to cast doubt without facts?

Hi all - I'm researching amp modeler to buy and considering Kemper. But I saw this in a competitor product forum that concern me. Can one of the knowledgeable members confirm if this is correct? Or if it even matter?

"Kemper's dirty little secret is that internally it only runs at 22.05 kHz. This means there is no frequency content above 11 kHz and everything above that is aliasing noise. If you have good hearing (i.e. young) you will probably pick up on this more readily.

It does sound better than many other products, especially at lower gains where the aforementioned limitation is not as critical." [quote from competitor product]