Posts by Joptunes

i'm no master woodworker for sure, but here's my powered replacement back for the stock kemper kab.

Power amp is from parts-express. The IcePower 200W mono class D power amp. 3/4 inch MDF board, British Racing Green Tolex. I have a new appreciation for anyone who works with tolex and making corners look good :)

This power amp sounds great and plenty of volume. Gets practice and gig tested next week !!

i have extra tolex and extra PC board mounts if anyone is doing one of these and needs some supplies. message me :)

I got a lot of bleed on my grill cloth doing the Kemper logo I’m gonna have to do some experimenting

Did you end up putting the ice amp in the cab? Mine is scheduled to show up Monday, looking forward to replacing the back panel with a power amp,equipped version.

Thanks

I would try setting the Bypass at toe or heel and see if that changes anything. Sounds like the pedal may be moving on its own and kicking in the wah. Have you tightened up the tension screw so the pedal stays where you leave it when you remove your foot?

Thanks

Sean

Thanks for the video. I have the BAM200 and think it does a great job with the Kabinet. Trying to keep it all in perspective knowing that FOH is getting the signal straight from the KPA and this is for monitoring live on stage with a band, unless you're going in ears which means you don't use the Kabinet anyway. In that context especially with a band I don't think we'll hear major differences between several of the power amp options that are available. Any differences will most likely be covered by other instruments etc. YMMV and there's probably no wrong answer, but for the money the BAM is a great choice in my opinion.

Yes you can do it this way, the challenge then is how do you hear the rest of the band? That is where you can Use the aux in to bring in a monitor send from the mixing desk that contains the band! Then blend in your guitar and use the headphone output to feed the IEM. Or you can have the mixing desk blend in your guitar either way works.

Thank you for the 3P profiles, the Plexi and BF from the early packs are still some of my go-to rigs. Just went through the AD and BD profiles and they sound great !! Keep up the great work, and can't wait to hear the Morgan stuff as well.. Stay safe.....

Did some comparisons between Kabinet in FRFR mode to a powered Neo-CLR that I have. I'm using the BAM200 amp for the kabinet. The CLR sounds best to me on the floor monitor position and the switches set for tilt back. This gives a nice low end and mid details. The top end can be what I think of as too hi-Fi. Especially on the heavier profiles with more gain. Not bad at all and would work fine in 95% of the applications with a live band.

The Kabinet didn't have the hi-Fi sound to it and just feels more natural. Hate to use the term in the room feel but that's how it sounds and reacts to me without a hi-fi top end. It didn't match the low end of the CLR and when I turned on bass boost for the Kabinet it was almost too much low end. So a tweak on the monitor eq on the KPA did the trick there. I seem to like the sweetening setting at around 3 or 4. Can someone explain what the sweetening parameter is doing?

Thanks

Sean