Posts by Mic2002

Yeah something similar here - same Db settings but the main out sounded ( a good bit) lower in volume. I was just using the L main out XLR set to mono compared to the unbalanced monitor out.The volume difference was noticeable. I can understand your concern on a gig critical situation where you may assume you have missed another setting - if its just a volume difference then you can adjust for it.

All very juvenile really - I m more interested in why both parties aren't talking about a profiler / axe collaboration product now - wouldn't that be something? - in a year or two that's gonna happen - amps " powered by kemper " or "profiler in association with AXE FX".
    I don't see the technologies as competing they hav many complementary features..maybe they ARE talking and this is all a big smokescreen???

Hi , has anyone out there got any info on the amp or FX that may have been used for the Meatlaof classic Bat of of hell track? I am trying to reproduce that sound - I'm going with a heavily fx sound with phaser univibe with lots of gain to get me in the zone. But I would like to use the same type of amp if poss that was used. I can't find anything on this on the web.

This is an off the wall question. Do you experience less noise with single coil guitars through the Kemper and Studio Monitors than through a tube amp? That's what I've noticed.

Can't say I notice much difference amp or monitors - Dont forget most of the noise you get on a single coil is is not from the guitar or amp it comes from your body acting as a very good antenna...if the noise decreases when you touch the strings etc its you grounding the guitar not the other way around...

I would say that you could start with the amp/guitar combination that was used to get you in the zone.Sometimes an online search will help with a particular song. As important as the amp are the guitar so basically it's humbucker vs single coils. Check out the Grundy Keller rigs - it will give some examples of how he builds sounds and the important parts within each rig. Also the unofficial wiKPA is a great resource for your tweaking to come. Good luck.

From my understanding the clean sense doesn't affect the tone. You will lose volume however, so maybe that's what you are hearing. On a clean profile I like to use the stomp compressor and a little of the amp compression which will even out the sounds and control the volumes. If you are still seeing red then you can turn down the rig volume a little.

Michael, I can hear this noise in the sound clip. I would say that it seems to appear in direct relation to your playing ie the delay between the end of the last chord and the noise sound the same. One thing I would say is that I had some strange noises when playing the KPA and couldn't figure it out - but I ended up narrowing this down to the guitar itself and a screening issue (Strat) my hand was resting on some of the metal parts and causing clicks and noise.As it sounds like youre using a strat on a high gain profile I would eliminate the guitar first of all from this. Does the noise appear after a chord and when your hand is lifted away from the bridge? Does it happen using a different guitar and cable? Try listening on the same profile, without playing anything, and moving your hand around the bridge area to see if there are any noises happening. Nice playing by the way!!

Installed the new UNO chip yesterday works like a dream -browse mode or perform mode - no setting up whatsoever needed. A fantastic addition to the KPA! To the earlier post who had issues - did you check the little notch on the end of the chip was the right way round? Also when the FCB is connected you will see a short message on the KPA to alert you...you also need the two midi cables for full operation.

Have just got a DXR10 so wanted to ask any other users how they connect it to the KPA? My first thought was to use the KPA monitor out into the line in on the DXR? Do you guys use a balanced cable ie TRS? Any other ways to connect? Beside this I'm just blown away by the sound of this thing - the power and crystal clear sound are awesome. I have been reading some opinions on the DXR here and really glad I did - a fantastic partner for the KPA!! I could easily see this coping with a small to medium venue without breaking sweat and then some...enough power to use without a front of house I would guess... Thanks guys!!!