Posts by Laker

Either way... Kemper will be providing the profiles for free, so the "try before you buy" conundrum doesn't really affect them. What MW does with the deadline etc, that's HIS business decision rather than Kemper's.

I can see your point but the whole fact is that the KPA community was promised a free rig pack only to see a commercial pack come out. People have been patient and at times ridiculed while waiting for these profiles. Only to have this happen is pure BS. This type behavior is unacceptable. To me it just looks like someone trying to make a buck. There is no reason why the free profiles could not be made available now before the cost of the commercial profiles goes up. Two words, Rig Exchange. The KPA is a unique product with a tight, small community who support, rave, and demo their KPA's to all their guitar friends and others. We don't deserve this.
    FWIW I think I saw another commercial profiler offer lots of free rigs that you can try that are close to ones he sells. But hey, everyone has their own business plan.
    One good thing is that I have that much more appreciation for everyone that provide free profiles, especially the people that consistently out do themselves every time they make and post a new profile.

Just using it for the KPA. Sounds like not needed. Nowhere close here to hear one with the KPA so I may just buy the A5X since size is a concern for me. Since it is replacing my headphones I hope Ingolf is happy :)

Have to send my KPA to Dallas tomorrow so they can replace the browse knob. Got her all packed up. Haven't played through my amps in a long time. I'm going to have to use amp and pedals and it ain't the same as my KPA. I sure hope they get it repaired and sent back soon.

Guenterhass,
    Thanks for the help. I was using the wrong output.
    I have a DXR-10 but it does not sound near as good at home, where I mostly play. I am looking into some studio monitors like the Adams. I can't find a place to try them out at though so I am still looking.

First, thanks for the help.

I connect a regular phono cable from
    Return Input to Timeline Left Output
    Alternative Input to Timeline Right Output
    Main Output Left to Timeline Left Input
    Listening through headphones
    No other effects connected

git+processing gives me the timeline sound but not the profile sound. I can change profiles and the sound does not change.
    Stack setting gives me both the profile sound and the timeline but it sounds like the profile has all the high frequencies removed. very different then if I listen to the same patch without the Timeline connected.

This is very frustrating.

You have your KPA "both connected like described via KPA-stereo-loop"
    How exactly do you have it connected and with what Main Output settings? I can try that. I would like stereo in and out.

I don't know if it has something to do with your issue but in the output section of my KPA the direct output is set to: git+processing.

The stereo loop is set like this: mix= 100% ducking= 0.0 and volume= 0.0

That's it. Many thanks. Edited: oops git+processing gives me the timeline sound but not the profile sound. Stack gives me botht he p[rofile sound and the timeline but sounds like the profile has all the high frequencies removed. I don't think the Timeline is doing that.

I tried it this way and I don't hear anything and then feedback starts slowly and builds up to where I have to deselect the x button loop.

I am currently listening tot he KPA through headphones and like the sound quit a bit. I have a DX-10 and I don't think it sounds near as good as the headphones.
    Will a good set of studio monitor speakers like the Adam AX-3 or 5 sound as good as the headphones?

When turning the browse knob the line selected moves up 1-3 lines then back 1-3 lines etc... Been like this for a few months. How do I contact Kemper to get this fixed? Can't find anything on the website.

Welcome, and yup, you're reaction was the same as mine. By far the best music purchase ever. The great thing about the Kemper is it is great for every guitar player, pro, studio, gigging, or like me just playing at home. To be able to get all these great sounds sitting here in my room is nothing short of amazing. I'm glad you chose the KPA and are happy.