Posts by adamcanter7

I did a little reading on the WiKPA page and found that the softstep doesn't support 2 way communication with the kpa....Bummer. I was really considering this as an option but the tuner function is a must on the wish list....Let the search continue.

Just wanted to thank ChrisBeaver for this thread because it spurred me to clean up my rigs as well. I went from 860 down to 190. I'm going to keep going at a later date but I feel so much better having some simplicity to my kemper. To each his own, but I feel much more able to deal with a smaller amount of rigs.
    I also came to realize how thankful I am for the librarian. THANK YOU KEMPER TEAM! It was so simple to keep all my rigs to test in the future while maintaining my go-to sounds on my kpa. Love the green monster!

There are definitely some that get more attention. I can only personally speak for the yamaha dxr10 which is what I use and am very pleased with (light weight about 31 lbs, sounds great and has three channel "mixer" within the speaker. Other very popular brands that you will get a lot of input about are:
    1. Atomic CLR (viabcore will probably give you as much info as you can handle)- many believe this is the top notch. Comes in wedge or cab form. The newer model is more expensive but weighs in less than the older version
    2. Matrix Q12A- There are some new ones too like fr212
    3. Alto- known for cheaper solution
    4. RCF Art 300- think i named this one correctly. Some like this solution. I have no experience with it
    5. QSC k10
    6. JBL prx series
    7. Mackie HD series
    8. Yamaha DXR
    There are some videos made by Ingolf that are very useful and some great reviews by others too. It is a different vibe than the 4x12 traditional but I have come to love the sound and convenience. Let me know if you have other questions, and I'll help to the best of my ability. There are others here that will know far more than me. I just wanted to give you a place to start.

@paults....I am trying to utilize simple program changes between kpa and vocal pedal. Just want to use one controller to use both devices, so nothing super complex....I had seen the softstep but had never read about it because i wanted something a little smaller, but after your advice I went and read about the controller and that will definitely be an option. I'm torn because I love alot of the bigger controllers like the behringer but my whole goal by going to kemper was to downsize. Therefore, I'm trying to make a compact pedal board (something like a pedaltrain jr size) that houses a TC Helicon voicelive play gtx, a line 6 wireless, an expression pedal, and a midi foot controller. I feel like I'm being super picky but I've always thought part of the fun is the hunt so I enjoy looking through alot of options and setups...I've been in the mind set of something the size of liquid foot+mini which would be my ideal controller if it would let me utilize the tuner function on the kpa but it doesn't have midi in, so I signed up for the wait list for the liquid foot+ jr+. I'm gonna continue to wait on disaster area amps to return email before I make any moves, but I really appreciate the advice on some other options.

I'll check out okstrat's pedals....It's good to hear such a positive recommendation on the Disaster Area Amps as well. I'm gonna go follow them on facebook. I love the looks of their pedals. I'm after something that can utilize kpa's two way communication to be able to use the tuner and control 2 devices independently with a small footprint. I never dreamed of such a challenging search but I've enjoyed looking.

I have emailed disaster area amps about a custom pedal for the kemper to meet my particular needs. I too would like to have a small controller. I'm on the waiting list for the liquid foot+ jr+ , but we all know how long that can take and the price is definitely higher than what I would like. Liquid foot also never responded to an email that I sent them which also concerns me if I'm getting ready to purchase their product......If II hear back from disaster area amps I will let you know what they say.

There are also many adjustments that can be made within the rig like the definition, pic, and clarity sections within the stack section that make huge differences to the attack and feel of the amp. There are also options of running the kpa into guitar speakers with the cab sim off which gives you the "feel" that you are used to. I personally have experienced that the more i use frfr solution, the more I get used to it and like it...acquired taste, but if you become unhappy with it you can always use guitar or bass speakers and use it more like the traditional amp head, which I also love and were my original intentions. Best of luck on your kpa endeavors.

I have kpa powerhead and use it with a 4x12 and a yamaha dxr. I came from using Mesa Studio Pre amp, Mesa dual rec Tremoverb, Bad Cat Hot Cat, and Diezel Einstein. I love the sound of a tube amp but I've never been happier with my current setup. I personally feel that my powered kpa with my mesa 4x12 has the same if not better sound than my old setups. It has the same "feel" as tube amp and 4x12. I don't notice a difference. So if that's your thing I'd say no difference. But I have come to absolutely love the sound of the kpa with dxr. The effects are great for someone like me who likes to keep it simple with some delay reverb, compression, and gates. I mean it is the quietest setup i've ever had but will wake the neighbors with the sound of one chord. I am very satisfied and actually come to like it the more I play.Actually it leads to new inspirations using multiple amps (which was never my intention). Two thumbs ups from me.

Not sure if it will ever happen but I think the idea is great. Would be kool to have a midi jack and have profiles accessed through the usb. This way you could use a midi controller on foot board to switch profiles. Might not be that simple but neat concept.

For what its worth, i love my KPA with poweramp and mesa 4x12 as well as yamaha dxr. After I read a million reviews of tons of speakers I came to find that all the comparisons were just small potatoes because the amp is just that good. I did have bad luck with a really cheap speaker though.

I'm with Raoul23. Thankful for continued updates to an already sweet piece of gear. One thing I've always liked about this forum is the fact that people are respectful, and there isn't much complaining. It's the only forum i've every posted in and became a member. I hope that the waves of this forum stay peaceful and cheers to supporting the KPA team on all their hard work!

I would like to throw in my 2 cents and say......
    Thank You Kemper Team, I am thrilled, and I appreciate the fact that you provide updates for FREE!
    THANKS