Posts by raymond5150

Watch the video. I'm using three rigs. The first is just a standard rig. Nothing fancy, just a few chords leading into the lead section of Heart's "Straight On." The second and third take advantage of the pitch shifting in the KPA. I'm switching using the Kemper's buttons rather than a footswitch so you can clearly see when the changes occur.

The problem: When I get to the third rig in the sequence, I am using a highly customized user scale so that I can harmonize the correct notes over all those chord changes. The first run through the part played using the final rig has some bad harmony. I play it again immediately afterward to demonstrate the problem...which is this - I think the KPA needs a little time to load my user scale. The second time I play it, the rig has been loaded for a while and the harmony comes out perfectly. The first time, you can hear it getting "confused" at first, as to which notes it should be harmonizing on top of the single note line I'm playing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pitch Shift Problem Video

If my KPA is the best piece of gear I've ever bought, my RCF NX 12-SMA is an easy second. Problem now is, I really need my FOH to sound equally as good. Thought about using a couple more as my mains, but the coverage might be a problem. Should I be looking into say...the RCF NX M12-A? Spec sheets are very similar, but lots more coverage with the latter.

Thanks! Problem resolved. After checking volume in all the normal places (again), turns out what I was looking for to fix the problem with minimal tone impact was the KPA's "Cab Volume." Worked like a charm...thanks again! Only wish I had realized that sooner...now to re-level out all my presets.

I've never gotten the hang of compressors really. When I get what I want out of them, it's usually been trial and error. My latest problem is a bit of clipping on one of my favorite clean tones I've dialed in. Here's the clip in question . My settings:

• Stomp A: Compressor
    • Intensity: 2.9
    • Attack: 0.1
    • Squash: <0.0>
    • Mix: 100%
    • Ducking: <0.0>
    • Volume: +1.2

The real problem is that I can dial out the clipping, but not without making the tone too weak and unusable as a result. It loses all that punch I am after. Suggestions?

Thanks all! What a nice community we have here at this forum. Doesn't feel like the internet at all!

I'm going to be using these same "tricks" to try and see how low a price I can get a Behringer X32 for real soon. I just can't see running my KPA through anything less than a Midas designed mic preamp in a live situation (which the X32 indeed has)...the art coming out of the Kemper deserves the best framing possible! If I am successful in getting another great deal, I'll come back here again and share the vendor and all the little details in case any of you would like to try!

Just ordered a brand new (not b-stock, not resealed...brand new) KPA lunchbox for $1485.89! I won't mention the vendor for fear that they'll get a ton of people trying the same thing and deny the deal I got in whole or in part. I bet the more persistent among you looking to finally pull the trigger on this purchase will probably figure it out, though. Here's what I did.

I used this link to get a price match: KPA @ Guerilla Guitars for $1749.99. When I mentioned that Guitar Center would also beat it by 10% of the difference, they thought I meant an extra 10% off after matching. They said they couldn't do that, but that they would give it to me for $1650.99 and gave me a link to that price active for 5 days. During checkout, i noticed a spot to put a promo code, so I did a little Googling and found one that worked for an extra 10% off beyond the quoted price match of $1650.99, bringing my final total to $1485.89 including shipping and no sales tax to pay!

I. AM. BEYOND. STOKED.