You won't believe the deal I just orchestrated!

• Just ordered a brand new (not b-stock, not resealed...brand new) KPA lunchbox for $1485.89! I won't mention the vendor for fear that they'll get a ton of people trying the same thing and deny the deal I got in whole or in part. I bet the more persistent among you looking to finally pull the trigger on this purchase will probably figure it out, though. Here's what I did.

I used this link to get a price match: KPA @ Guerilla Guitars for $1749.99. When I mentioned that Guitar Center would also beat it by 10% of the difference, they thought I meant an extra 10% off after matching. They said they couldn't do that, but that they would give it to me for $1650.99 and gave me a link to that price active for 5 days. During checkout, i noticed a spot to put a promo code, so I did a little Googling and found one that worked for an extra 10% off beyond the quoted price match of $1650.99, bringing my final total to $1485.89 including shipping and no sales tax to pay!

I. AM. BEYOND. STOKED.

• Thanks all! What a nice community we have here at this forum. Doesn't feel like the internet at all!

I'm going to be using these same "tricks" to try and see how low a price I can get a Behringer X32 for real soon. I just can't see running my KPA through anything less than a Midas designed mic preamp in a live situation (which the X32 indeed has)...the art coming out of the Kemper deserves the best framing possible! If I am successful in getting another great deal, I'll come back here again and share the vendor and all the little details in case any of you would like to try!

• Welcome Raymond, great price, I paid $600 more then you here in Australia even though our $ was fetching $1.05 US at the time, go figure, but it is still the best single gear purchase in my 30 years of playing. :thumbup:

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Sounds like you got a great deal. I paid $1850 for mine last april, but I've had it for almost a year longer so I think we are about even.

My KPA is the one piece of gear I cannot play without. I have a dozen guitars, but it doesn't matter which one I'm playing, they all sound great through the KPA. No remorse, no regret!

• Before to shell out cash for a preamp, try it without. IMO you will not need any preamp.

I think we're talking about different kinds of preamps here. I will essentially be running it direct into the PA, and the preamps I refer to are the ones built into the channel strip on the Behringer X32 mixing console.

• OP, that's a nice deal for a new one.
    They are going used for $1500 on Ebay, and it seems like there might be a bit of a dip in prices ensuing. I don't know if it's because of the rack version, AXE 10.0 coming up, or there are just more lunchboxes on the used market now. I sold mine for $1600 last month(lasted exactly 5 min on Ebay!), because I'm getting the rack. This month though, I have seen them sitting for a while at $1600.
    Maybe as soon as a new FW update comes up, prices will rise a bit. It's a good time to grab one if you don't have one yet or want a second one!

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach