Posts by Torsis

P 163 of the manual:

Effect Buttons I-IIII
    These four buttons can be freely assigned to switch stomps and effects on/off. They can also be used to toggle features in certain effects. Their respective assignments are stored per Rig. Each button can be assigned to several stomps and effects, if you wish.
    The first and second assignments are indicated by the four LEDs around each effect button. The color LEDs in the upper row reflect the category of stomp/effect, just like the color LEDs on the Profiler's front panel. They remain unlit if no effect has been assigned. The LEDs in the lower row indicate whether the respective effect is on or off, just like the corresponding Stomp and Effect buttons on the Profiler's panel. If three or more effects are assigned to the same Effect button within a particular Rig, only the first two effects are visualized by these LEDs.

Anvil: Metal on Metal

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

2016:
    - Kemper Remote + 2 x DVP1 XL
    - Lakland DJ4
    - Taylor 314ce
    - NI Komplete Kontrol 61
    - Arturia V Collection 4
    - Ozone 7 Advanced
    - EMG 57/66 for the Iceman

2017 (within the next 2 weeks)
    - Suhr Classic Pro SSS (white, maple board)
    - Shure SM81
    - Shure SM7B
    - Cloudlifter CL-1

I also have 2 of the XLs.
    No issues and work great!

I taped bright colored strips in the little area between where the rubber pad ends and the end of the rocker pedal (1/4" x 2 3/4"cut from paint swatches from the local paint store).
    Yellow - Morph
    Green - Vol/Wah

Morph is connected in the remote's Pedal 6 with a 6" cable.
    Wah/Vol is in Pedal 5 with a 12" cable.
    Right angles on both ends.
    When the cables are "fully stretched out" and the top of the pedals are even with the back of the remote, the Morph (left pedal) is 3" from the remote, and the Wah/Vol (right pedal) is 1" away from the Morph..

Keeps everything tight and clean.

Even after scouring the XTL manual, I couldn't find a way to change the MIDI number that the stomps put out, and they didn't match the Kemper's A,B,C,D,X, Mod, so stepping on the XTL stomps did nothing.
    I didn't want multiple versions of the same profile just to activate a stomp, so I ended up giving the XTL to my son-in-law.

Oddly enough, I'm able to configure the stomps on my old Digitech RP-12 - I have them set to toggle Kemper's A,B,C,D,X
    So I can switch between the 5 profiles in a Performance, up/down through performances, use the expression pedal for a Wah & the stomps.

I rename the RP's bank/patch to the Kemper Performance Number + Profile Name, which is a lot better than just a number like on the FCB1010.

The only issue is it doesn't seem to save the RP stomp's off/on status when I save the "patch", so if the profile has a stomp lit (and I want to turn it off) I have to step on the RP stomp twice.
    Basically, once to "activate" the stomp on the RP, then the second time to turn it off, which turns off the stomp on the Kemper. After that the on/off works as normal for that stomp (until I change to another profile).
    If the Kemper stomp was off and I want it on, the RP stomps work fine (since it was off to begin with).

It might be due to the me using the shortest-named RP Algo (so line#2 isn't cluttered with text) ...and that particular algo doesn't have access to those stomps natively, so I can't set them on when saving a patch ...which now is just used for storing the Kemper profile name.

It's not really an issue for me, since more often than not, the Kemper stomps that are active in my profile settings typically stay on.
    The ones that are off, get activated as needed, so it all works out in the end

Not a bad solution for something that was forgotten in the back of the closet for 10 years :thumbup:

I also have to say thanks for the heads up on these picks!
    Between $5.50 - $7.50 USD for 6 picks?! Eh, lemme see what the buzz is all about.

I ordered a "refill pack" - all Grip Tip gels - I assumed were 6 picks for $7.08 USD, free 2 day shipping with Amazon Prime.
    What I received today was a pack of 36 GT gels!

I find them noticeably less string-resistant than the Dunlop Tortex picks I've used pretty much forever.
    Slick & slippery - very nice!

...and I checked today - the same pack is now $28.