Posts by Ramjam

Part of the frustration I now have ( the rest I just cant figure at all) is when I now ( using 3.01 ) tick and then re untick the Monitor Cab Off button in the Master setup.It never goes back to what it was like before I do that. It changes the profile ( Im using the Morgan AC20 here) to a boxy icepicky sound that I cant seem to "unchange". Sigh! In fact maybe my ears have just got older than I am. All my older profiles which seemed like a good sound at the time to some extent or the other seem to be that way now. Maybe Im uneducated. I dont stop searching though :S

Id rate that as affirmative. I myself spend too much tweaking time and then get frustrated whereby it could just be a profile that isn't meant for my ears . Right on!

Oh dear! .........Mine got so bad this weekend that the only way a technically uneducated soul like me ( be kind . I use my age as an excuse :) ) was to flash the thing and start again. Fortunateli have all my Rig Manager rigs out in space.
    It started when I was attempting to reduce the icepick on the highs . i was following some people here that make a lot of sense to me regarding this . It started sounding more and more like a sitar / banjo / nylon strung guitar ( I play Les Pauls )and even after disabling stomps and the effects area it still sounded bad. I really did try what I thought work but to no avail. I am not perturbed as I don't play out. Just for my neighbours :) But I spend much time tweaking to get that smooth sound I was used to and know this machine can give. I reckon a little knowledge could be a bad thing but my ears dont lie. Anyway I will start again. Hold thumbs . I am up to date on the updates.

Are you kiddin´me? I installed 3.0 Release. YESTERDAY!!!! :D[/quote]

My experience is to just load up 3.0.1. the issues I had with 3 seem to have subsided and clicks and pops and slow movement between cabs seems to be gone :thumbup:

Having acquired ( bought) the pack from Till I can honestly say that some of my profiles which were "laying" around from lack of use suddenly brought back inspiration which I had been waiting for.
    They have helped my sound become more punchy and clear. ( for lack of better wordage)
    Not being technically able to describe the fineries of the workings ... I would say just give them a try. I doubt you will be disappointed at all. :thumbup:

If you use your KPA with existing profiles, you would't have any problem.

The bugs concern mainly users who profiles Direct amp/merged profiles or who use powerhead feeding a cab...[/quote]

Not here. I had endless hassles with a green screen which I sent to The Powers on 2 occasions. It happens when I store an edited profile into rig Manager.
    Downgrading is not an option ...... cause who knows where the downgrade is ( if deleted from a pc ??)

Had my kemper 2 years and never had it crash on me and done over 400 gigs. Trust me its very reliable.[/quote]

Must be the water down here. I spend a lot of time with the new firmware 3.0 crashing . This seems to happen on a lot of occasions when I store an edited rig to the Rig Manager. ( Dreaded green screen) I have sent the photo twice to the Powers that Be but until now have not had a response. If 3 is problematic I can see they must be busy :(

While Im at it........... I have spoken about this to the powers before but haven't resolved it. When ( and it does happen regardless of whether I drag and drop profiles into Rig Manager or load them via USB into the Kemper ) I switch on and open the Rig Manager and get the splab that some rigs are corrupted, I do what is said and hold the Rig button and Browse button when switching on.
    Problem which is freaking me out is that my "locked " Stomps and "locked" effects are gone and unless I have saved them as a whole under some name or other I have to redo them. Is this correct? thank you.

I hope so cause Ive already sent 2 support ticketrs and heard nothing ( understandably busy) and Im still crashing . I have no idea how to revert back to the last firmware and have it coincide with the Rig Manager that works alongside it. ?? Any help would be great in that regard.