Posts by K3MP3R

I just tried it out because I was interested in it as well. The Rotary Fast (Leslie) effect works really well for this tune. The album almost sounds like a deep chorus with a fast tremolo added that is a bit quieter. I just turned down the mix control in the rotary settings to match and it sounded pretty good. I guess you could add some delay and reverb to taste. I have no amp recommendations though as I just turned down the gain on whatever was loaded and still sounded good for the clean part.

Corey is a long time personal friend of mine, I have the profile they used on the new record, and did sound clips of it on the sneap forum and here, I even got called out by colin richarssons assistant asking how I got the profile hahah! It's definitely all Kemper, Carl even breaks it down on the sneap forum how they recorded it and how the profile I have is used. Here is the thread in case you are interested in hearing the sound clips I did with it and blended with other amps as well.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/f…file-vs-lasse-5153-a.html

I read through that last night when you posted about it on the Lasse profile page. Found it pretty entertaining when guys there got all excited when Collins assistant posted. TBH, I was just fishing to see how much reamping was done on the album. It sounded like you have the one centre profile with the D112 that was used but there is also another one they panned L/R. Did you have the other one as well. Just wondering if you tried the same recording technique that was used with both profiles or even with another profile panned L/R just to see if it worked.

Last night I learned the intro riff to Strife just so I could try out some 5150 profiles. I used the L.BARTA 5150+ the other day when jamming to No Way to Heal, so I tried that one for strife as well. It actually sounds really good live through my gear, but recorded and rendered sounded pretty thin (the fact that I barely learned the riff does not help much either). I'm not oblivious to the differences between the differences of a profile and a record tone, I was just wondering if you tried the same technique that Collins assistant used and how close that gets you, or if there is a bunch of reamping or EQ'ing they did after using that technique. I will probably try it to see how much depth and thickness it adds to my recordings.

Thanks! I liked the preamp better than the full with cab sims off. I'm not sure about the pre vs the real from the video. If you still have this saved in your DAW, it would be awesome if you could render and upload a copy in FLAC for us to hear. Just drag the three riffs beside each other on one track and then it is only one file. I don't want to sound like a pain, but I think it would be really helpful.

Also after rereading your post, not sure if you are saying carcass or trivium isn't Kemper... In regards to trivium I can 100 percent guarantee you the new record is all Kemper.

Yeah, I noticed Matt really went out of his way to make a point of mentioning it a few times.

The only thing that seems out of place is that Corey seems pretty convinced that they still used a block letter 5150. So either they are both just appealing to sponsors or favourites, or there was some tube 5150 recorded with possible Kemper reamping after. Not that it matters. I have no doubt that they can do an album and live solely with Kemper(s).

[Youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv-AP63YrVA[/media]

That is pretty good to. It is a nice blend of djenty metal but it has a chill feeling to it. I like to find good instrumentals and listened to Animals as Leaders as well but it seems like there is just too much stuff going on and gives me a head ache after a while, so you can see how I can like your bands style. I think this would work well with a nice slow melodic solo. It almost has that Opeth feel sometimes and that could work to your advantage if you wanted to switch between what is in the demo and clean parts pretty seamlessly.

Not that my opinions are any better than what you guys are already planning, just throwing out some ideas that came to me while listening.

This is just a riff and not really a music promotion, but not sure where else to post this.

Anyway I have not played with FX too much but just found the EQ Telephone the other day and used it to surprise someone when showing them the KPA. I had the EQ on and played for a bit and acted really impressed with the sound. Once my buddy was adjusted to the sound I took off the EQ and then there was a huge grin on his face as soon as the full tone was released out of the speaker.

Here is a quick demo I did to give you an idea of what it was like. (It is dual tracked for the loud part, more for your enjoyment than for replication of the event)

Soundcloud

Which doesn't mean that those with technical problems don't like the Profiler and never show their happiness publicly, ok?
    So if you count my posts and then count the posts with complaints, there's a strong majority of amazingly positive and happy posts.

Just had to mention this, thanks.

I did not mean that in a negative way, it was just a bad analogy.

For sure, sometimes i'm a bit scared when I see these topics about dead leds , DPS errors or things like this but for these 10,15 or 20 posts, how many people have a unit without any problems?

(PS: Sorry for my bad english)

Thats the thing. If everyone came on here and made a thread stating how much they like the KPA every time they had a good experience with it, the good threads would outweigh the bad ones so much it would be difficult to find people complaining.

If we check out other forums we can see a lot of people buy the KPA for reasons like it is more reliable or easier to use than their old gear. It really takes things out of context when we should know that most people who do have an issue will come here to post on it to see if it is just their KPA or how to go about a replacement.

i am once again surprised how forgiving and positive you guys are. it bothers me bying a product knowing that there is a big chance that those leds will fail... i already have a bad feeling when bying... :S ... so i have to think about it. i also cannot follow that bad led-batch explanation because the complaints are not limited to a short period of time but to a period of more than a year.

but i don't wanna be misunderstood as troll... gotta sort that out for myself... after all it's 2100 € for this (powered) unit... but after all i love the concept. you guys are happy with it and it seems that actual functionality in sense of sound and software robustness is given. would love to see a solution to repair those leds by myself (after warranty expires) like knowing where to buy a pack of those leds and how to replace them. they are a big help in visualising your settings.

so thank you for your response and not chasing me away for asking provocative questions. :whistling:
    this forum still got its spirit :D

I understand your perspective on why a bunch of people who love a product are more tolerant of problems it may incur. I also do not question your view that you are spending a lot of money for a product and want a solid product.

I am just pointing out that of all the things that could have potentially gone wrong with an electronic device, you should be able to see that the KPA is still a very solid unit if the worst of your worries are going to be sitting at home wondering if you just won the "LED lottery". If you win then it gets fixed/replaced, if you lose then you sit and play without LED issues. It really is that simple. This isn't a 1-in-5 chance thing or everyone would be complaining and demanding recalls or product remakes. It is probably a 1-in-50 or 1-in-100, I have no idea how many units are out there so I can only speculate.

Just going to pipe in here since it has not been mentioned yet. I've noticed that if I tweak a profile but don't save it, with a proper shut down te tweaked settings are still there next time it loads up. Settings dissapear if rigs are switched but the point is that the kpa probably has a cache that saves settings temperarily for you.

Other than that, you can probably expect a classic "proper procedure is to power down, so do that".

I'm not sure.if I'm reading that part right but for preconfigured if you mean set up two similar profiles where one is for example your rhythm and the second is your rhythym and fx built in, then yes. That is actually what I like to do sometimes as well. I will have one patch for rhythym and a second different amp that is a bit louder and cuts more instead of just tapping a boost on the first profile. Its only two clicks on the fcb either way so do whatever sounds good to you.

Also search here for the wikpa, it is our in house manual and how-to all in one. It will give you a great virtual insight of using one and different options you can use.

I don't think you have to sell him on the kemper, he knows what it is and wants one, just wants one with no bugs.

That is what you will get. No bugs. There has been a huge amount of work since you have owned it. The only bugs that are mentioned that I am aware of these days are the few firmwares that introduce them. They are picked up quickly by forum members and team kpa acts and fixes them quickly after.

I have not seen any that affected playability or tone since I owned mine in March.

I do not know the percentage of kpas with led issues but it would seem pretty low to not merit a recall. It could have been just a bad batch in production line or just a bad batch of leds that gets through QC.

If leds are the worst of your worries then you really don't have much to worry about besides being without a kpa for a couple weeks should you need to send it in for a replacement. That seems like a pretty low chance to me.

Why would anyone with a Poweramp Kemper want to use "FRFR"...why waste the money?
    Have you played the Kemper Poweramp through a real cab, it's friggen amazing!!! :thumbup:

Its not really about buying anything. It is more for new users to see how the Kemper behaves through different equipment. It may even save money if they end up liking FRFR better and could have saved money from cab. But I don't know what people will prefer, that's why the recommendations to try first.

If you want a good kickstarter idea, make a USB interface similar to the Kemper that has a screen and button and knobs to control PC software and VST's. It would just need to operate like a MIDI device and control settings on the PC/laptop it is connected to. It would be a great product that could sell right in between POD type modellers and the Kemper.

Did not mean to threadjack this topic, I just was wondering if anyone else had tried it out when profiling. Its not a big deal I will try it out myself whenever I feel like hauling the heavy combo in the house sometime.