Posts by Laimon

Hi guys, I am thinking of purchasing a Kemper so I have a few questions in mind lately.
    One concerns the profiling process, when done with cab and without cab. Here are the questions:

1) when you profile the standard way, that is with a mic'd cab, you capture the final tone of the entire rig. Now say that I connect to a non-FRFR speaker (i.e. a normal guitar cab) and I deactivate the cab sim...how does the kemper subtract cab + mic from the captured tone? It should have information also of the cab and mic alone, to remove that, no? Is it - somehow - included in the profiling phase, or does it just remove some typical cab + mic response?

2) quite the opposite question: when you profile the direct sound, that is instead of a mic'd cab you record right the out of your preamp (you can, right?), do you tell your kemper that's what you're doing, in the profiling process? So that nothing is subtracted later when the cab sim is off?

thanks a lot!

As the title says. I read someone saying he wasn't convinced, somewhere.
    My main questions regarding it would be:
    1) does it scale well? That is, does it sound good at minimum level (for apartment), medium level (apartment at main hours when nobody should be bothered), high level (bandroom)?
    2) often people talk about the "amp in the room" feeling...well, theoretically if you turn off the cab sim and send the out to a real cab you should get that sound, right? However, I understand that things are not so clean cut in the real world, and I owned an Axe FX Ultra (twice! Let's not talk about that :P ) which never ever felt like a real amp to me. So, does the kemper feel like a real amp when connected to a standard cab?
    Thanks a lot for any info!

This may sound like a silly question, I don't know, but is the power amp that is included in the rack (and is going to be included in the power head) designed to work with FRFR speakers or with guitar cabinets? Hopefully the latter ;)
    To those of you who tried it, do you find in par with other power amps you know, or you'd still choose external power amps over it?

Not to play the devil's advocate, but in what setting are you using the Axe FX? I've heard this description of the "blanket" on the speakers several times, and most times it comes from using it with a guitar cab and not setting the cab simulation off. And if you're not (i.e., you're using it with some FRFR system), have you tried? IMO setting the power amp and cab sims off, and using it with real power amps and cabs makes a HUGE difference. (as one would expect: 2/3 less digital emulation!)

Having said that, I am not advising you not to get a KPA :P I never tried it myself but I am getting curious, from what I hear around (clips and witnesses) it is far superior with respect to the Axe FX.

Hi,

I was getting very interested into getting a Kemper, and thinking a bit how it could handle external effect units: I see it has MIDI out, which is often fine, but what about expression controllers? I have seen some tentative mockups of the proprietary pedalboard which allows to connect expression pedals, it would make sense if the expression signal could be propagated from the back of the kemper to other units, no?